After today, do we scale back a little on the Elijah Moore hate?

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Who the hell even is “we” here?

I think most people knew that Moore would be back. We spent a 2nd round pick on him and have him under contract.

Don’t act like you guys who wanted him drawn and quartered spoke for the fanbase lol. If he’d have waited 5-6 weeks to voice his displeasure I imagine the fanbase would have his back given how his QB is playing.

I was very specific on sentencing.  Keelhauling or tar and feathered.  I don't remeber anyone suggesting he be drawn and quartered?  

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, no, it's not fine.  It's atrocious.  It's by far the worst aspect of his game.  It's honestly some of the worst I've ever seen.  If he gets knocked off his spot, which is often because he bails so much, he's pretty much useless.  It's great that he can evade a free rusher but the turning your back to the LOS, has to stop and it's QB'ing 101.  You're literally told that sh*t in PeeWee Football.  He got away with one after he was pirouetting around in the back field like a ballerina on the "no fumble" but he's going to do that one day and get met with a devastating blow and or, similar results w/ out a favorable outcome.  His footwork still absolutely blows goats and it impacts everything he does from there and mainly, it's why he's so wildly inaccurate.  He's still struggling w/ his drop backs too, takes an extra unnecessary step, weight always falling back.  It's mind-boggling because I think this aspect of his struggles is probably the most astonishing miss in the analysis of Wilson.  He's a miserable off script QB, he's so much better when he's playing from the pocket and getting the ball out quick.  If he holds it, he's just toast and it all goes back to his pocket movement, it's astonishingly bad. 

Anywho, F Melijah Moore.  You think he gives the same effort to spring Hall that Mims did?  Not a chance.

He’s the guy he was behind an outstanding OL at BYU. When stuff is clean and he has time it’s pretty and he throws a nice ball. Things start to get a little questionable with his footwork and decision making when stuff breaks down. He needed time to develop and instead got thrown in before he was ready on a team that was bad last year and is better but doesn’t have enough elite talent to carry him to look good this year.

I kind of think it’d be for the best if they just worked on knocking down his time to throw and focused on him identifying and hitting hot reads when the rush is in his face. He’s had a few turnover worthy plays that they’ve been fortunate haven’t gone the wrong way while he’s out there in the backfield floating back 15 yards and auditioning for Swan Lake.

53 minutes ago, viffer said:

You must have missed the play late where a holding call on Mims nullified a big play. So one good play and one bad play. Not a great showing. And I like Mims; I was hoping to see more of him.

C'mon that penalty happens on practically every NFL passing down , the league or refs just arbitrarily decide when to call it .Mims is a much better blocker than Moore is and no one can debate that , I think he becomes even more valuable with Hall out as the Jets will undoubtedly need to pass more. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Coquito said:

WR's in general are prima donnas. 

Let's stop acting like he took his shirt off and started doing jumping jacks in the end zone. He'll be fine. As long as Lafluer comes up with a passing attack that actually works and Zach can execute. 

But to be honest no one really knows what went down in practice between him and Lafleur . I suspect it was much worse than revealed since it seems like Saleh errs on the conservative side with "punishment".  To be sent home it must have been a major distraction. 

• Upvote 2

No.

He showed his true colors - during the best of times.

Imagine his attitude moving forward when (if) we ever really become a good team.

Don't need even the possibility of that kind of selfish distraction on a team looking to make a playoff run. (If that time ever comes) 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Now I am not justifying what he did and it was unacceptable, but watching our passing game today, did anyone think to themselves, "Ok, I get what Elijah is upset about".  Lets be honest, this is the worst passing offense in the league and looks to be getting worse by the game.

Was he complaining that we have a crappy passing game or was he complaining about his lack of targets?

7 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I think you are letting the Denver game overly influence your opinion of Zack.  Denver is the #1 pass defender in the league.  Most QB's will look bad.

Zack has looked like he'd been improving prior to this.  I'm just saying the jury is still out and at 5-2 in a 17 game season, the season is still young.           

This would be a reasonable excuse if he hadn't just thrown for just 110 yards the week before.  And he wasn't impressive against Pittsburgh or Miami, two bad pass defenses, for more than like a quarter each game.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Belicheck always schemes to attack the weaknesses and right now that's the Oline.  Lafleur needs to counter and draw up more slants , screens and mis direction to negate their pass rush and blitzes. NE doesn't have the defense Denver does, but they scheme very well. 

The QB is “the weakness” not the OL.

Every OL on every team gives up pressure at times. A competent QB knows how to play through that. You’re entitled to your opinion, but blaming the OL for Wilson’s poor play is not fair. IMO

Now I am not justifying what he did and it was unacceptable, but watching our passing game today, did anyone think to themselves, "Ok, I get what Elijah is upset about".  Lets be honest, this is the worst passing offense in the league and looks to be getting worse by the game.

Our passing offense is bad ..... but the bears, panthers are just as bad and Pickett has 7 int and 2TDs. 

Wilson could rack up more yards if he was willing/allowed to chuck it up like Pickett. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Every OL on every team gives up pressure at times. A competent QB knows how to play through that. You’re entitled to your opinion, but blaming the OL for Wilson’s poor play is not fair. IMO

Is it okay to blame the OL for the OL's horrible pass protection or is it only okay to blame the QB for the QB's poor passing?

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

No one likes the way elijiah handled this but does he have a point?! 

Yea kinda, Wilson stinks, sorry family. He’s a mark Sanchez, a game manger we can make a run with if he doesn’t turn the ball over. Losing breece hurts and changes things. We may have to reevaluate 

Nah ... The adult way of handling this would have been to say ... "whatever helps the team win, I'm here for Zach whatever he needs, we are all getting better ... all of us and as a team."

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Wilson has played poorly no doubt , but he's played within the system they are asking him to . This offense will thrive or falter largely based on how well this Oline plays.   

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wilson has played poorly no doubt , but he's played within the system they are asking him to . This offense will thrive or falter largely based on how well this Oline plays.   

I’m going to agree to disagree with you on this one.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just see this differently. When I watch the Jets on offense, it’s not the OL that is my biggest concern. It’s the QB who is going to determine how this offense plays.

That doesn’t make me right either, we’re two fans interpreting what we are seeing differently.

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s obvious a QB change is coming, the next two weeks will show this. We can’t throw for 100 yards every game and Win it’s not 1923. Full blown QB controversy after the Bills game as the season slips into total meltdown.

Or they beat the Bills and go on to win the Super Bowl.

It's like 50/50 at this point for either scenario.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m going to agree to disagree with you on this one.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just see this differently. When I watch the Jets on offense, it’s not the OL that is my biggest concern. It’s the QB who is going to determine how this offense plays.

That doesn’t make me right either, we’re two fans interpreting what we are seeing differently.

Agreed. 

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This would be a reasonable excuse if he hadn't just thrown for just 110 yards the week before.  And he wasn't impressive against Pittsburgh or Miami, two bad pass defenses, for more than like a quarter each game.

Pitt is top ten for yards allowed and Miami is middle of the pack. 

The Jets passing game has been bad, but those defenses aren't bad.

56 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hey @Joe W. Namath, where is your "Alright Fellas - Let's talk Patriots @ Jets" thread for this week? 

Depressed dude.  The Breece injury is killing me.  And someone started a 5-2 Pats thread so I figured everything is going in there.  Im devestated dude.  Im not ready to open a thread to predict a loss.

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s obvious a QB change is coming, the next two weeks will show this. We can’t throw for 100 yards every game and Win it’s not 1923. Full blown QB controversy after the Bills game as the season slips into total meltdown.

Unfortunately, I don’t see that happening Woody will stick with his JetBlue partner on this one. It will have to come down to a trade if anything. 

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bears is worse.

If your unit if performing badly, the way to fix it is to work harder.  Not bitch out and demand a trade.

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Pitt is top ten for yards allowed and Miami is middle of the pack. 

The Jets passing game has been bad, but those defenses aren't bad.

They aren't bad, but our entire offense was 1 awesome run by our now injured running back.

10 first down.   7 3 and outs.   That isn't a competent offense.

If anything, we increase the blame on Elijah. This offense is growing through the growing pains of a young offense and trying to develop a young qb. We need everyone to check egos at the door and just pitch in until this thing turns or it's completely evident its a lost cause. Elijah bailed early, sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I heard Saleh say that on the telecast as well.  It just doesn't sound like it a rosy scenario here.  My hunch is Eli is still being very immature about all of this.  I'd like to think this is one of the things Saleh can excel at and "win Moore over".  But there's only so much he can do.  I'm not sure how much X's and O's Saleh is doing (I think he was hired as a "CEO") but I do feel like he's becoming more of a "steadying presence".  Though it's possible (likely?) that I only feel that way because we're winning.  With Breece going down, we could really use Eli Moore right now.  And if Zach is going to take a leap, he's going to need weapinz.  

• Upvote 1

I think most rational Jet fans understood where Moore was coming from. Its how he went about it that bothered them (and probably the coaching staff). Mainly airing it out on twitter and then holding CS 'hostage' (which he really had no leverage to do) by demanding a trade. 

Wilson, Davis, Berrios and to an extent Conklin were all integral parts of this passing game who have seen a drop in production. I think its clear for one reason or another the passing game is struggling. I think its not just clear to the fans but the CS knows this. I think its only fair to put a lot of that on Zach. 

But guess what. The rest of these guys (G.Wilson, Davis, Berrios, etc. are not airing their grievances publicly). The defense is playing well. The O-line is gelling. The running game is getting going. And most importantly, the Jets are winning! 

So I'm not upset about him asking for a trade. If he wants out, he can ask to be traded. But doing so publicly after venting on twitter after not being targeted is what bothers me. And on top of that he's a second year guy who, despite all of his talent, has not done nearly enough in league (enough winning, enough statistically) to merit being given such benefit of the doubt. You give a 10 year SB winning vet a bit more leeway with these kinds of outbursts is what I mean. lol.    

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I don't think there's hate but he needs to stop being a whiney little bitch.  If I was part of that team he would be isolated.  You want to make it about yourself, here ya go pussy.

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

lol obviously the defensive guys are going to have zero sympathy. 

Has Garrett Wilson said anything? Probably the guy who can empathize with Moore the most. 

I think Moore is an idiot for lashing out when he did. If he was more patient the fan sentiment against Zach may have already turned, which is slowly happening - I've seen more articles questioning Zach today than his entire run with the Jets. With the schedule only getting tougher from a passing perspective and the unsustainable way of playing - If these W's turn to losses the knives will come out unless there's significant improvement. I actually think the team being as competitive as they are only puts more pressure on Zach to step up. 

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You can pretty much criticize Zach for  everything today  but his inability to pick out the open receivers is in my opinion  the death knell with this kid. It basically neutralizes any of the play calls and terribly limits the talent of the wide receivers. I understand the Denver defense is top notch and very difficult to pass against. That’s the exact reason why you need a QB who can take what’s there the few times it is. Hard to watch, 

yeah and if it was just this game vs denver i'd give him a pass on it maybe. but it's been going on all season

• Upvote 1