Why is this forum so insufferable?

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Different Pats team, different QB.

Jets got this one on Sunday.

Trying to figure out when we're going to leave to start tailgating, could be as soon as Thursday lol.

Reminds me, I need to PM you for details of where you're at for the Buffalo game so I can hopefully swing by and say hello.

• Upvote 2

Life is really hard. I am getting sh*t on left and right. I ****in hate everything. The Jets are 5-2 in a season where we started out looking like a lost cause out the gate. Our D is lights out. Our secondary looks elite. Our D line has a rotation that is smacking people in the mouth. We have monster injuries and have patched a team together, specifically an O Line. Sure it has some holes but its not Wayne Hunter-esque. We have some insane rookie talent that none of us expected. RB CB WR we are going to be bananas soon. Even Mims is buying in but you guys can't??? Our QB is YOUNG. He didn't look great. You cannot write him off because last night. He DOES NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. HE IS GETTING IT DONE DOWN THE STRETCH WHEN NEEDED. If that future draft bust Josh Allen was terrible until year 3 where he became serviceable. Not many people are Herbert or that arrogant sob Burrows. Zach says the right things and he is doing his job, for now. The playbook is not open to him and we are still 5-2. Above the pats and fins and 4-0 with Zach. Guys, BE. HAPPY. Life is sh*t, with some bright spots. This, this right here, right now, is a motherflippin bright spot. 5-2, and this time next week 6-2 having kicked them Mass chiclets down their throats. Go Jets.

Me and Andy are telling you so listen up..

the office andy GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Different Pats team, different QB.

Jets got this one on Sunday.

Trying to figure out when we're going to leave to start tailgating, could be as soon as Thursday lol.

Sam Darnold in his career vs NE:  0 TDs, 9 INTs

Zach Wilson in his career vs NE:  0 TDs, 4 INTs

It's certainly trending in that direction.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

GREAT movie. I went to the premiere in NYC. I worked for PWC at the time and we audited the books of the movie.  I met Mandy Pitinkin, Rob Reiner and a few other of the stars. LOVED the movie and still do.  "Why are you smiling?" Because I know something you do not.  

it really is. i was happy to see someone get the reference right away

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

After every win or loss? 

News flash the Jets are 5-2...with the second best record in the AFC only a half a game behind Bills for the best record. 

Everyone in here sounds like the national broadcast making excuses for why the won. 

The board cried when they lost Becton and said he was a bum. 

Then the board gave up when Zach Wilson went down... Some vowing to not watch the rest of the reason @Mogglez

Everyone sobbed about D Brown and how the Jets would never see him again.

Then the board whined after the Ravens game... They want ulbrich fired and said he was the worst coach ever and Lafluer needed to take over coaching. 

The board laughed at the improbable comeback in Cleveland, saying it was a lucky fluke. 

The board gave up after the Bengals game... Saying they would not win another game. 

After a great come back in Pittsburgh everyone complained that zach only played well for 1 quarter. 

The board gave up again after they lost max mitchell.

The board cried that the Miami win was close until the 4th quarter and they were lucky to get their 3rd string qb... 

The board slobbered over the fact Aaron Rodgers is on the downside of his career. 

The board was in awe over Moore wanted out and blamed everyone but the Diva wide receiver. 

Now they beat one of the best defenses in the NFL that just got back their star Safety and yet more crying... 

Yes it sucks they lost Hall but Mc is very good and don't sleep on Bam Knight. 

Yes it sucks if the best OL that this board called a waste of draft capital to spend that much on a guard... 

Yes it sucks that Davis went out and couldn't get back in the game... 

But despite it all they still won... When has a Jets team in the past 2 decades been this resilient... 

Sure it's going to be a huge challenge to beat NE but at least they are home. 

Who knows how they win this next game... But I still feel better about 5-2.no matter how they got there. 

I understand frustration and how it keeps working against the Jets but who cares... 

Enjoy the ******* ride and stop being bitches... 

PVO... ? 

There's a lot of erectile dysfunction. It takes it's toll on people.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Everyone in here sounds like the national broadcast making excuses for why the won. 

Everyone sobbed about D Brown and how the Jets would never see him again.

everyone complained that zach only played well for 1 quarter. 

The consistent usage of ‘everyone’ rather than ‘everyone else’ implies that you perceive yourself as part of the excess negativity problem ….. in which case we’re all in the same leaky green boat. ?

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Reminds me, I need to PM you for details of where you're at for the Buffalo game so I can hopefully swing by and say hello.

Lot F11. Tailgate with us, there are only a few of us going that week but come by and have a great time.

• Post of the Week 1

POINT 1:

NOBODY is complaining that we have won four games in a row.  Defense is finishing games.  I haven't seen a D on the Jets like this since the Sack Exchange days. 

We have some great young talent (Unfortunately, a bunch of them are IR'd now for the year).  Joe Douglas should have the confidence of every Jet fan.

POINT 2:

Zach Wilson has played a) Inconsistent at best b) Downright horrible at worst.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious.  He has not put it together.  Could be a myriad of reasons, but the point is, he has not been very good.  Doesn't mean the light won't go on, but the longer he plays like this, the more troubling it gets. 

Now with that said, it can also be stated that points 1 & 2 can coexist in the same universe.  It just seems that points 1 & 2 can't exist for certain Jets fans.

16 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

POINT 1:

NOBODY is complaining that we have won four games in a row.  Defense is finishing games.  I haven't seen a D on the Jets like this since the Sack Exchange days. 

We have some great young talent (Unfortunately, a bunch of them are IR'd now for the year).  Joe Douglas should have the confidence of every Jet fan.

POINT 2:

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious.  He has not put it together.  Could be a myriad of reasons, but the point is, he has not been very good.  Doesn't mean the light won't go on, but the longer he plays like this, the more troubling it gets. 

Now with that said, it can also be stated that points 1 & 2 can coexist in the same universe.  It just seems that points 1 & 2 can't exist for certain Jets fans.

Well some of the people that love Chad Pennington feel like the have to defend him no matter what.

Some of the people who hate Chad Pennington feel like they have to point out every flaw.

EDIT:  I used an old template for this and for some reason it won't let me change it. That should say Zach Wilson obviously.

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I hope not. This Pats team looks like crap. That would be a disappointing loss for sure.

Zach will go 18 \ 27 for 265 with 2 TDs and 1 INT.  Jets win.

That would be the best stat line in his career.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Well some of the people that love Chad Pennington feel like the have to defend him no matter what.

Some of the people who hate Chad Pennington feel like they have to point out every flaw.

EDIT:  I used an old template for this and for some reason it won't let me change it. That should say Zach Wilson obviously.

Whose Chad Pennington?

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2022 at 6:18 AM, JiFapono said:

This is my theme song for the haters, just listen to it, remember the Jets are 5-2 and the coffee tastes great!~ 

I will wake up to this song every morning and enjoy it with my coffee while the Jets are on this wonderful winning streak.

Dancing at the break bar right now!  Doing some stretching, getting ready to battle the haters today!!!!!!!!!

@The Crusher where is that sexy thing that CTM made of us dancing to this?

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I will wake up to this song every morning and enjoy it with my coffee while the Jets are on this wonderful winning streak.

Dancing at the break bar right now!  Doing some stretching, getting ready to battle the haters today!!!!!!!!!

@The Crusher where is that sexy thing that CTM made of us dancing to this?

Great questioning. Only thing I could guess is still in one of the many many threads he put it in? Or possibly in the cue of pictures the site  saves when posted? Have ti be accessed from his screen name. 

8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

POINT 1:

POINT 2:

I've watched our nice win streak.  I saw Zach deliver some really good passes in the Pittsburgh, Miami game and a couple in the Green Bay game.  He was pretty bad in Denver.  Also true in Denver is we set up a long TD run with our OL firing out and blocking everyone on one side of the field.  Almost everytime Zach went back to pass their were free rushers in his face.  He never got a chance to set his feet early and he didn't set them in the couple of chances he had in the second half.

Now that Hall is out the coaching staff is going to have to adjurst and fix the OL to give Zach a little time to set his feet.  

When you have a great running game on the edges and your D is playing lights out, protecting your QB up the middle isn't needed to win games.  

The NFL is all about adjustments and match ups.  Things work until they are stopped and than you need to figure out the next move.  The coaching staff needs to adjust, the OL needs to adjust and Zach needs to adjust.

Daniel Jones was a complete waste of space for 3 years.  He's helping the Giants, a team that has a lot less talent than the Jets, win games.  He's being careful with the football, making some good throws and running for first downs by design.  Zach isn't as good at Jones throwing the ball right now but that doesn't mean he won't be if they get the free rushers out of his face.  A lot of that is on the coaching staff. 

Everyone assumes Moore was pissed at Zach.  I got the distinct feeling that Moore went after Lefleur and that's where the issue is.  

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

I've watched our nice win streak.  I saw Zach deliver some really good passes in the Pittsburgh, Miami game and a couple in the Green Bay game.  He was pretty bad in Denver.  Also true in Denver is we set up a long TD run with our OL firing out and blocking everyone on one side of the field.  Almost everytime Zach went back to pass their were free rushers in his face.  He never got a chance to set his feet early and he didn't set them in the couple of chances he had in the second half.

Now that Hall is out the coaching staff is going to have to adjurst and fix the OL to give Zach a little time to set his feet.  

When you have a great running game on the edges and your D is playing lights out, protecting your QB up the middle isn't needed to win games.  

The NFL is all about adjustments and match ups.  Things work until they are stopped and than you need to figure out the next move.  The coaching staff needs to adjust, the OL needs to adjust and Zach needs to adjust.

Daniel Jones was a complete waste of space for 3 years.  He's helping the Giants, a team that has a lot less talent than the Jets, win games.  He's being careful with the football, making some good throws and running for first downs by design.  Zach isn't as good at Jones throwing the ball right now but that doesn't mean he won't be if they get the free rushers out of his face.  A lot of that is on the coaching staff. 

Everyone assumes Moore was pissed at Zach.  I got the distinct feeling that Moore went after Lefleur and that's where the issue is.  

All true.  But this league has created (NOT by coincidence I might add) a formula for continual success: A true franchise QB.  The only way you get it is to have one.  And the last thirty years proves this.

We might very well win a Super Bowl with Zach Wilson. And I don't think there is a Jet fan alive who wouldn't be ecstatic to win one!   But early reports show we won't be one of those franchises that the rest of the league learns to despise because success is continual.  And its continual, because a team has one of the top three QB's in the league.