Sign in to follow this  
BigJermaineFromQnz

Could the Yankees be a more disgusting team?

You start with 2 juiced up mega-freaks in Sheffield and Juicedambi... then you have ugly ass Randy Johnson, a hick in New York... Matsui who has no personality... Gay-Rod who is possibly one of the most contrived, unlikeable athletes in sports today (did i mention he consistently fails in the clutch).... and Johnny Gaymon, a sell out who was on the Yankee's most hated rival and was lured over to the dark side away from his fans by another huge steinbrenner contract...

simply disgusting...

They could be far more disgusting...just change their name to "Mets" and play in a garbage dump in Queens ;)

You start with 2 juiced up mega-freaks in Sheffield and Juicedambi... then you have ugly ass Randy Johnson, a hick in New York... Matsui who has no personality... Gay-Rod who is possibly one of the most contrived, unlikeable athletes in sports today (did i mention he consistently fails in the clutch).... and Johnny Gaymon, a sell out who was on the Yankee's most hated rival and was lured over to the dark side away from his fans by another huge steinbrenner contract...

simply disgusting...

I'm impressed...you managed to limit yourself to 2 gays. Minus 10 points for the unimpressive "Juicedambi" though.

Sheffield and Giambi were both on steroids before they were Yankees. What makes us more disgusting than the Orioles last year having Sosa AND Raffy

Wasn't Tom Glavine a rival of the Mets in Atlanta? You criticize us for signing Damon but yet don't justify Tom Glavine? What about Billy Wagner pitching in Phili the last 2 years? Isn't he a rival?

And Kaz Matsui is even more of a flop than Kevin Brown, that says something. Atleast we got a decent half-season out of Brown before he went down the ****ter.

When you have won 26 World Championships, some of the best players in the world, play in one of the greatest stadiums in front of 50,000 of the greatest fans on the face of the earth night after night, I just can't quite figure out what all your anger is about.

Must be a little jealous.

Now go fix Pedro's toe.

When you have won 26 World Championships, some of the best players in the world, play in one of the greatest stadiums in front of 50,000 of the greatest fans on the face of the earth night after night, I just can't quite figure out what all your anger is about.

Must be a little jealous.

Now go fix Pedro's toe.

It's actually not jealousy... it's just disgust. We'll see who's jealous when the Mets finish up with a better record than the yankees.

And the Mets are UNDENIABLY more lovable than the yankees.

we have Reyes, the speedster, stealing bases and hitting triples as his helmet flies off his head on the way to third... David Wright, the finest young swordsman east of the mississippi... Even Kaz Matsui, in his crapulence is lovable... look at his Gay hair lol... Cliff Floyd, who is a solid producer and puts his all on the field... a real team leader and father figure for the rest... Mini-Manny in right... Pedro always lovable and quirky.

Now go fix Mussina's arm :)

I've decided to respond to his entire post, I don't want stupidity to be let off the hook here.

then you have ugly ass Randy Johnson, a hick in New York...

If Johnson goes 17-8 next year then who the hell cares if you think he's ugly?

Matsui who has no personality...

Have you ever had a conversation with him before?

Gay-Rod who is possibly one of the most contrived, unlikeable athletes in sports today (did i mention he consistently fails in the clutch)....

"Gay-rod" has had his playoff failures, therse no denying that, but he'd had plenty of great moments that go overlooked. Remember him hitting that homer off of Curt Schilling in Curt's first game as a reliever last summer? He BLASTED that ball out of Fenway. Or what about all the games A-rod helps the Yankees put away by the middle of the game? His 3 homer and 10 RBI game against Bartolo Colon single handedly won it. And A-rod wasn't the one to blame for us losing to the Angels in the 05 playoffs.

In 04 against the Twins, A-rod saves the Yankees from a 2-0 deficit by hitting that double off Joe Nathan.

A-rod also scored the game-winning run in the 11th inning of the decisive game 4 if that series by hitting a double, stealing third base, and scoring on a wild pitch. He hit over .400 that series. Yeah, unclutch, huh?

and Johnny Gaymon, a sell out who was on the Yankee's most hated rival and was lured over to the dark side away from his fans by another huge steinbrenner contract...

simply disgusting...

So the fact Boston didn't treat, respect and value Damon as much as the Yankees makes the Yanks the bad guys here? Wouldn't you switch jobs if you could get more pay and treated better?

It's actually not jealousy... it's just disgust. We'll see who's jealous when the Mets finish up with a better record than the yankees.

And the Mets are UNDENIABLY more lovable than the yankees.

you're a mets fan, i dont doubt you find them more lovable than the Yankees.

Now go fix Mussina's arm :)

Right after you fix Pedro's toe and shoulder, Billy Wagner's stiff finger problems and help Tom Glavine sign up for his AARP membership ;)

Here is the bottom line.

The Yankees are loved and hated all over the world.

The Mets are loved by the 15,000 who show up at Shea. 20,000 when Pedro pitches.

Why are Mess fans such jealous crybabies?

Here is the bottom line.

The Yankees are loved and hated all over the world.

The Mets are loved by the 15,000 who show up at Shea. 20,000 when Pedro pitches.

Game,set,and BURNED!!!:violent5:

A man calling another man ugly.. ugh well, it means he also finds men attractive as well.

This thread is dumb. There is no reason to insult a team. I have to say, even as a Mets fan, the opening salvo sounded like it was from a 11 yr old. An Ugly team? That is just weak.

Let the play on the field do the talking...

LL

This thread is dumb. There is no reason to insult a team. I have to say, even as a Mets fan, the opening salvo sounded like it was from a 11 yr old. An Ugly team? That is just weak.

Let the play on the field do the talking...

LL

I'm sorry if I find juiced up manimals and total sellouts ugly.

sorry.

This thread is about as pathetic as it gets. this time of yr the Mets fans always have so much to say...and by august they are nowhere to be found.

Yea...Queens :rolleyes:

Listen, BigQueenJermaine.

The Mets will always be 2nd class to the Yankees, just accept it. And take it like a good b%tch.

This thread is about as pathetic as it gets. this time of yr the Mets fans always have so much to say...and by august they are nowhere to be found.

Yea...Queens :rolleyes:

we'll see who's saying what this time...

yeah... Jersey ?????????/ laff

look no further than my signature for the answer

yeah... Jersey ?????????/ laff

Im a NYer...not from jersey .

for some reason i thought u were from jersey shore or long island

Upstate NY..born and raised.

excuse me? something got in the way, i couldnt read it

notice how i said signature, not location

Not while the Royals are around! :Nuts:

KC infield defense will be upgraded with Meinky at 1B, and Grundy at 2B. They have a couple of kids who are exciting and potentially solid players. But there is not the best pitching there, and I doubt they avoid the 100 loss mark, again.

notice how i said signature, not location

I guess "signature" was just too big a word for Jermy to understand.

Can I ask you yankee fans a question? Over the last 5 years, each time after your team lost in the playoffs/WS, did you think in your head "Damnit. Oh well, this is ok, all we have to do is spend a little more money in FA next year and we can buy another championship."

Truth be told-every time it's been why does this starting ptiching and middle relief pretty much suck. From 1994 through 2000, thsi team was built around solid starters and capable middle relief with a great closer. They were able to pick up complimnetary outfielders on the cheap-Straberry, Fiedler, Raines-to fill in the lienup holes. No more. Seems like somebody lost the blueprint both in the draft and in the free agents they signed. Adn I'm not sure they found it, when they have gems like Chacon, Wang and Small and waste their efforts on turds like Wright, Brown and Pavano. If there's ever been a more overpaid athlete in the past 2 years than Kevin Brown, I don't know who that would be.

They pass on Craig Hansen and got cheap with Mark Prior. Don't understand either. Beckett or Penny or Oliver Perez goes on the market and they don't have the chips. And the real worry is that someday Rivera, no youngster, will get hurt or be gone and there's no plan at all for that inevitability.

Yeah, thats funny. All three had good years before they went to NY. Maybe part of the blame is bad coaching. That and injuries. Not the smartest thing to do signing 9 and 10 year veterans after they've had their first good year and a 38 year old who had a very good year in the most pitcher friendly park in the league. Then again they signed Randy Johnson and he was 41 at the time i think, and thats seems to be working out so far.

KC infield defense will be upgraded with Meinky at 1B, and Grundy at 2B. They have a couple of kids who are exciting and potentially solid players. But there is not the best pitching there, and I doubt they avoid the 100 loss mark, again.

Yeah, but take into account that they play in the toughest division in the majors, with the Indians, White Sox, and Twins all threats to make the playoffs, and the Tigers are on the right path. Even with the signing of grumpier old men.

The Tigers infield is Shelton/Young/Pena, Polanco, Gullien, Inge... which isn't bad, in the least. Up the middle, the Tigers are probably the strongest in the division. Their pitching isn't all bad... by the middle of the year, it'll be Rogers, Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya, and either Robertson or Maroth. The Tigers could suprise. I wouldn't count on it, but they could.

simply disgusting...

And with the Mets you have the king of head shots in Mr. Always Crying About Some Sort Of Injury Martinez. You have a CF making $100 million to drive in 67 runs while hitting 15 HR's. You have a 2B who makes Chuck Knoblauch's fielding errors look like Chuckie was an All-Star in his final 2 years with the Yankees. You're pitching staff is just as old with Tom Glavine whose now 40 and Pedro getting up there and is warn down as well. You have no set-up man for closer whose not as good as he used to be. Cliff Floyd is definitely on some sort of juice.

Damon was lurred over? Ok well Glavine was a Brave so where the hell do you have the nerve to talk of that? Glavine used to kill the Mets.

You say the team is so disgusting well that's just another form of jealously. And yes I'm well aware of every Met fan now coming back at me and saying it's not but blah blah blah, bull****. Don't wanna hear that crap. You're still bitter of the 2000 World Series, face it.

Carlos Beltran = Alomar / Vaughn combined....money poorly spent.

Judging by the tone of this thread, I think it is safe to say that the Yankees/Mets fans are more strong in their rivalry than Jets/Giants fans.

Am I right?

And with the Mets you have the king of head shots in Mr. Always Crying About Some Sort Of Injury Martinez. You have a CF making $100 million to drive in 67 runs while hitting 15 HR's. You have a 2B who makes Chuck Knoblauch's fielding errors look like Chuckie was an All-Star in his final 2 years with the Yankees. You're pitching staff is just as old with Tom Glavine whose now 40 and Pedro getting up there and is warn down as well. You have no set-up man for closer whose not as good as he used to be. Cliff Floyd is definitely on some sort of juice.

Damon was lurred over? Ok well Glavine was a Brave so where the hell do you have the nerve to talk of that? Glavine used to kill the Mets.

You say the team is so disgusting well that's just another form of jealously. And yes I'm well aware of every Met fan now coming back at me and saying it's not but blah blah blah, bull****. Don't wanna hear that crap. You're still bitter of the 2000 World Series, face it.

Carlos Beltran = Alomar / Vaughn combined....money poorly spent.

Just face it... the only point you have is Beltran, thats why you overplay that so much.

The difference between glavine coming to the mets and damon coming to the yankees is damon killed the living sh1t out of the yankees in the ALCS aka the most disgusting choke in sports history, directly before joining them, and also told reporters "He would NEVER join the yankees"....

So much for that, when Grimebrenner comes around with his huge money to lure in Damon.

You know the disgusting yankees team was SO OVERPAYED last year that grimebrenner actually LOST MONEY???? THAT IS UNREAL LOL

Steinbrenner didn't loser a dime. On the books, the Yankees fracnhise might have lost a bit of cash. But with close to 4 million tickets sold, not much.

More importantly the YES network accounting still prints money that technically isn't in the Yankees' bottom line. ANd the Mets are copying it. The Yanks, Cubs, Braves and Sawx all do it-set up the team's network as a seperate entity, and the club undervalues the rights fees a competing network like MSG would pay to broadcast the Yankees and pocket ad money, hand over fist, direct. Don't believe everything lazy sportwriters who skipped finance classes in college write. Most of it when it comes to the money end of things is wrong.

Plus, both the Mets and Yankees will have a good chunk of the revenue-sharing they might otherwise be paying channeled into their new stadiums building costs as per MLB's own setup.

Better question-why does the Mets' new stadium only have a capacity of 42,000?