Could the Yankees be a more disgusting team?

BigJermaineFromQnz

The point is that last year, the yankees payroll was more than double everyone but the red sox payroll, and 70% more than theirs. More than double that of 13 teams, over 3x eight team's, 4x three team's, 5x four teams, and 7x TB's payroll, and it keeps going up and will at least until they win another championship.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The point is that last year, the yankees payroll was more than double everyone but the red sox payroll, and 70% more than theirs. More than double that of 13 teams, over 3x eight team's, 4x three team's, 5x four teams, and 7x TB's payroll, and it keeps going up and will at least until they win another championship.

and how much of that payroll is money going to over-paid players that nobody else wants? (Bernie, Wright etc come to mind)

its not like we signed Pujols, Bonds*, Santana etc. to deals

Just face it... the only point you have is Beltran, thats why you overplay that so much.

The difference between glavine coming to the mets and damon coming to the yankees is damon killed the living sh1t out of the yankees in the ALCS aka the most disgusting choke in sports history, directly before joining them, and also told reporters "He would NEVER join the yankees"....

So much for that, when Grimebrenner comes around with his huge money to lure in Damon.

You know the disgusting yankees team was SO OVERPAYED last year that grimebrenner actually LOST MONEY???? THAT IS UNREAL LOL

Damon joined the Yankees in 2006. the 2004 ALCS was 2 years ago, not "directly" before joining us.

Glavine killed the Mets for YEARS before he joined them. Who was Damon before he joined the Sox? A decent player on the Royals, nothing amazing. Glavine was a Cy Young winner on your biggest rival.

Remember Mo Vaugn? Bobby Bonilla before that? Talk about ugly moves. Difference is, the Yankees still win despite making ugly moves. The Mets are over by August and people stop showing to the games.

Yeah, but take into account that they play in the toughest division in the majors, with the Indians, White Sox, and Twins all threats to make the playoffs, and the Tigers are on the right path. Even with the signing of grumpier old men.

The Tigers infield is Shelton/Young/Pena, Polanco, Gullien, Inge... which isn't bad, in the least. Up the middle, the Tigers are probably the strongest in the division. Their pitching isn't all bad... by the middle of the year, it'll be Rogers, Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya, and either Robertson or Maroth. The Tigers could suprise. I wouldn't count on it, but they could.

in the NL, the Tigers would surprise.

but in the AL Central they're still inferior to the White Sox, Indians and Twins in my opinion

and how much of that payroll is money going to over-paid players that nobody else wants? (Bernie, Wright etc come to mind)

Irrelevant cause they were overpaid for back when they did have value. If they want somebody, they're going to pay to get them even if its more than they're worth.

Irrelevant cause they were overpaid for back when they did have value. If they want somebody, they're going to pay to get them even if its more than they're worth.

so why don't you blame other owners for not putting their money where they're mouths are? the Yankees have 29 teams to compete with

And that my friend, is another reason why your team is so disgusting to everyone but it's own fans...

Damon joined the Yankees in 2006. the 2004 ALCS was 2 years ago, not "directly" before joining us.

Glavine killed the Mets for YEARS before he joined them. Who was Damon before he joined the Sox? A decent player on the Royals, nothing amazing. Glavine was a Cy Young winner on your biggest rival.

Remember Mo Vaugn? Bobby Bonilla before that? Talk about ugly moves. Difference is, the Yankees still win despite making ugly moves. The Mets are over by August and people stop showing to the games.

one year isnt a huge difference... particularly when we are talking about the biggest choke in the HISTORY OF ORGANIZED SPORTS. Be honest. Everyone in NYC hated damon, and everyone in boston loved him. But when it's time to get old ass Bernie Williams out of the outfield, because god forbid there should be another "real" yankee out there, this ******* opens up his huge checkbook and all of a sudden everyone in New York is supposed to love him? Be realistic please, that is pretty dispicable on both the part of grime-brenner and Damon.

But, exactly like Sheff, A-rod, Giambi, Wright, Pavano, and RJohnson, the players will go to the highest bidder.

All hail the conglomerate of overpaid "working parts" known as the yankees! what a loveable team!

Laff... you have to go back over the last 15 years to name 2 players in Mo Vaughn/Bonilla... all i'm doing is picking names out from your current active roster...

simply disgusting...

so why don't you blame other owners for not putting their money where they're mouths are? the Yankees have 29 teams to compete with
Why should 29 teams have to conform to the standard practices of 1 team? And if competing means outspending, then they're doing a good job.

It's actually not jealousy... it's just disgust. We'll see who's jealous when the Mets finish up with a better record than the yankees.

And the Mets are UNDENIABLY more lovable than the yankees.

we have Reyes, the speedster, stealing bases and hitting triples as his helmet flies off his head on the way to third... David Wright, the finest young swordsman east of the mississippi... Even Kaz Matsui, in his crapulence is lovable... look at his Gay hair lol... Cliff Floyd, who is a solid producer and puts his all on the field... a real team leader and father figure for the rest... Mini-Manny in right... Pedro always lovable and quirky.

Now go fix Mussina's arm :)

HAHAHA yea ok. You guys suck and will always be second best in New York to the us. You guys always sign a number of bust of free agents or trade for them and they become busts over the years that suck as soon as they come to the mets. Jermey Burnitz, Jose Reyes, Mo Vaugn, Braden Looper, Kris Benson, Roberto Alomar the list goes on and on. You wanna go on callin yankees players gay meanwhile your catcher for the past 8 years mike piazzas whos gone now actually was gay.

there were a bunch of teams that "competed" better than the yankees last year, with less than half of the payroll.

Here is a little homework for you stoner boy.

Get on the web and find out who had the highest payroll in NL last year.

Once you do that, see where that team finished.

I'll even give you a couple of letter to help you out.

M*t*

M*t*

Difference is that the mets, 7 games back from the braves, spent about 15 million more than atlanta who won the east. Whereas the yankees spent about 85 million more than the sox and ended up even. So your point I guess is that if the mets spent another 70 million over the braves they could tie them? I guess I would agree. They would probably blow them out.

M*t*

find out which team also had MORE THAN TWICE THE PAYROLL OF THE HIGHEST TEAM PAYROLL IN THE NL, LOL .

You guys suck and will always be second best in New York to the us. You guys always sign a number of bust of free agents or trade for them and they become busts over the years that suck as soon as they come to the mets.

and yet whenever the yankees do well the city is like "eh" but when the mets are playing lights out this city GOES NUTS more than EVER FOR THE YANKEES, and YOU KNOW THAT HAHAHAH

And that my friend, is another reason why your team is so disgusting to everyone but it's own fans...

one year isnt a huge difference... particularly when we are talking about the biggest choke in the HISTORY OF ORGANIZED SPORTS. Be honest. Everyone in NYC hated damon, and everyone in boston loved him. But when it's time to get old ass Bernie Williams out of the outfield, because god forbid there should be another "real" yankee out there, this ******* opens up his huge checkbook and all of a sudden everyone in New York is supposed to love him? Be realistic please, that is pretty dispicable on both the part of grime-brenner and Damon.

But, exactly like Sheff, A-rod, Giambi, Wright, Pavano, and RJohnson, the players will go to the highest bidder.

All hail the conglomerate of overpaid "working parts" known as the yankees! what a loveable team!

Laff... you have to go back over the last 15 years to name 2 players in Mo Vaughn/Bonilla... all i'm doing is picking names out from your current active roster...

simply disgusting...

i'd rather overpay for stars than overpay for triple-a talent like Kaz Matsui or last years Mets closer (Looper)

and how are you going to FAULT us for keeping our aging stars like how we've kept Bernie Williams way past his prime, nobody would've wanted Bernie anyway

i'd rather overpay for stars than overpay for triple-a talent like Kaz Matsui or last years Mets closer (Looper)

and how are you going to FAULT us for keeping our aging stars like how we've kept Bernie Williams way past his prime, nobody would've wanted Bernie anyway

You'd rather overpay 5.6 million for wright, 9 million for carl pavano, or 15.7 million for kevin brown rather than 800k for looper and ~7million for kaz matsui? And bernie williams is the only guy you're paying just to keep on the roster, everyone else would be signed by another team for cheaper cause they're still productive. Some would even take a shot and sign him, I'm sure.

yeah all that GRADE-A talent really got the team far last year right?

Judging by the tone of this thread, I think it is safe to say that the Yankees/Mets fans are more strong in their rivalry than Jets/Giants fans.

Am I right?

No. I HATE the ****ing Giants. I barely remember the Mess are even there.

and yet whenever the yankees do well the city is like "eh" but when the mets are playing lights out this city GOES NUTS more than EVER FOR THE YANKEES, and YOU KNOW THAT HAHAHAH

One problem. THE METS NEVER DO WELL. they suck. The Yankees are always better and they play in a tougher AL.

If the yankees had the mets payroll, they would be at the bottom of the AL.

1st off like it was mentioned before the mets have the top payroll in the NL so stop bitchin. 2nd we have good payroll because of Steinbrenner great money management and desiscions. All mets fans always talk before the season and by the time its august they dont even talk baseball anymore because their season already over while were on the verge of clinchin the AL East.

1st off like it was mentioned before the mets have the top payroll in the NL so stop bitchin. 2nd we have good payroll because of Steinbrenner great money management and desiscions. All mets fans always talk before the season and by the time its august they dont even talk baseball anymore because their season already over while were on the verge of clinchin the AL East.
You were the one that started comparing divisions, so don't tell me to stop bitchin.

in the NL, the Tigers would surprise.

but in the AL Central they're still inferior to the White Sox, Indians and Twins in my opinion

In the NL, they'd dominate.

Mind you, I never said they'd win the AL Central, I said they might suprise. That's still a fourth place finish, but if they win 85 games, that's something. Considering the Indians, White Sox, and Twins will all probably win 85 games and higher.

Oh, and the Mets fans still have an inferiority complex.

In the NL, they'd dominate.

Mind you, I never said they'd win the AL Central, I said they might suprise. That's still a fourth place finish, but if they win 85 games, that's something. Considering the Indians, White Sox, and Twins will all probably win 85 games and higher.

If the mets had their payroll, they would dominate the NL too. You guys can't argue my point cause its the truth. Its like arguing against gravity. Yankees would suck without the $$$.

If the mets had their payroll, they would dominate the NL too. You guys can't argue my point cause its the truth. Its like arguing against gravity. Yankees would suck without the $$$.

Uh... I was talking about the Tigers. Not the Yankees. You're an idiot and lose at the game of the internet, reading comprehension, and the basis of this thread.

The Yankees payroll is high, yes.... but it's high because at the time they signed the vast majority of their players, the market dictated that the players get paid a ton of money. That and they take all the bad contracts from other teams (Kevin Brown, ARod). Yeah, they signed Pavano, Wright, et all to big contracts, but you do know that Pavano took less money to go to the Yanks, right? The Tigers offerend him 10 mill a year. Or something like that. It's more than the Yanks offered. Yeah, the Yankees are the big evil, but you just come off as petty and jealous in this thread. All Mets fans do. That's disgusting.

their payroll is actually high because year after year they sign the most expensive and "best" players in the league, idiot.

you lose at the game of INTERNET GOD YOUR COOL!

Yea we sign all the best players because we have the money. Its the logical thing to do. We have a great owner who knows how to spend money which gives us a great team.

their payroll is actually high because year after year they sign the most expensive and "best" players in the league, idiot.

you win at the game of INTERNET GOD YOUR COOL!

Wow, you know how to edit posts. I can do that too!

Year after year, they don't sign the best, idiot.

The Mets fans here are the most hypocritical fans on the internet. How so? Simple. Their team does the same thing as the Yankees do. They're just doing it five years later, when the salaries are down.

The point of this is don't act high and mighty when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Wow, you know how to edit posts. I can do that too!

Year after year, they don't sign the best, idiot.

The Mets fans here are the most hypocritical fans on the internet. How so? Simple. Their team does the same thing as the Yankees do. They're just doing it five years later, when the salaries are down.

The point of this is don't act high and mighty when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Well said they always sign great players in free agency or trade for them and they always end up being busts.

Archived