Could the Yankees be a more disgusting team?

BigJermaineFromQnz

Didn't see you meant the tigers, SS. Anyway, I'm not a mets fan, I just hate the yankees. I win Internet.

You cant tell me that im originally from Brooklyn im moved here in 2001. People from Jersey should be able to root for the yankees considering theres no NJ baseball team so get off me.
Anyway, I guess new jersey can have a pass for rooting for the yankees considering all new jersey is is just two big suberbs of NYC in the north, Philly in the south and Atlantic City. People born in NY and who moved away can also root for them and not suck. And the yankees owner doesn't "know how to spend money" thats just all he can do, so he keeps doing it. If he really knew how to spend money he wouldn't be taking all of those bad contracts and passing up the great prospects for the top name top $ guys. And when the mets get up to 7x the payroll of another club I won't like them either. Right now they're actually fairly close to the other top clubs behind the red sox and yankees, maybe enough to sign 1 or 2 top players. The red sox are getting pretty bad too, but they're still no where near as bad as the yankees are.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The point is that last year, the yankees payroll was more than double everyone but the red sox payroll, and 70% more than theirs. More than double that of 13 teams, over 3x eight team's, 4x three team's, 5x four teams, and 7x TB's payroll, and it keeps going up and will at least until they win another championship.

Yankee payroll for 2006 is at roughly 185 million. That is roughly 20 million below 2005. So it seems to me that it is heading down, not up.

You're pitching staff is just as old with Tom Glavine whose now 40 and Pedro getting up there and is warn down as well.

Just to reinforce your point.

On opening day, 2006, the combined ages of teh Mets top 3 starters is 108 (Pedro, Glavine, Trachsel).

The combined ages of teh Yankees top 3 is also 108 (Johnson, Moose, Pavano). If you factor in Wang or Chacon in the #3 slot, the Yankees 3 are younger.

But, exactly like Sheff, A-rod, Giambi, Wright, Pavano, and RJohnson, the players will go to the highest bidder.

All hail the conglomerate of overpaid "working parts" known as the yankees! what a loveable team!

Laff... you have to go back over the last 15 years to name 2 players in Mo Vaughn/Bonilla... all i'm doing is picking names out from your current active roster...

simply disgusting...

Pedro, Wagner, Beltran all went to the highest bidder. And it was the Mets, last I looked. So did Glavine. So did Matsui. And this is also from your current roster.

As far as naming busts or potential busts from the current roster, it seems to me that Glavine has not been worth anywhere near what he was paid. Neither has Matsui, and last year Beltran was a complete waste. How much did Cameron contribute?

You guys had your fair share, easily. And that's not counting the Coleman, Bonilla, Saberhagen crew.

Pedro, Wagner, Beltran all went to the highest bidder. And it was the Mets, last I looked. So did Glavine. So did Matsui. And this is also from your current roster.

As far as naming busts or potential busts from the current roster, it seems to me that Glavine has not been worth anywhere near what he was paid. Neither has Matsui, and last year Beltran was a complete waste. How much did Cameron contribute?

You guys had your fair share, easily. And that's not counting the Coleman, Bonilla, Saberhagen crew.

Glavine has been very productive and at the least a good #3 pitcher on any team if you forget about his name.

Your trying to call Beltran a bust after one year and when he is still so young...

Matsui has been a bust for sure.

So lets see...

Matsui, vs. RandyJohnson/Wright/Womack/Pavano/Brown

hmm...

Glavine has been very productive and at the least a good #3 pitcher on any team if you forget about his name.

Your trying to call Beltran a bust after one year and when he is still so young...

So lets see...

hmm...

Randy - 17-8, 3.70s ERA, 211 Ks. Yeah, he was a bust. :rolleyes: Let's see if he can improve a little this season.

Pavano - let me see if he can stay healthy first, before giving up on him.

Brown, Womack - no doubt.

Wright - Not looking good, but at least they have an out in his contract after this season.

BTW - Glavine was brought in to be the ACE, not a #3, when he was signed. Just thought I would mention that.

most importantly, Randy didn't lose in any of his 6 starts vs the Red Sox last year

and I say Randy will improve his stats next year, although he'll start off bad in April probably

I can see another 17-8 record, but a lower ERA and more K/9 IP

Randy - 17-8, 3.70s ERA, 211 Ks. Yeah, he was a bust. :rolleyes: Let's see if he can improve a little this season.

Pavano - let me see if he can stay healthy first, before giving up on him.

Brown, Womack - no doubt.

Wright - Not looking good, but at least they have an out in his contract after this season.

BTW - Glavine was brought in to be the ACE, not a #3, when he was signed. Just thought I would mention that.

MBN, it appears to me that you have lost sight of the purpose of this post. There weren't meant to be any facts thrown in to this debate, it was simply put here to give jealous baseball fans on this site a place to vent about being inferior to the Yankees.

Could the Yankees be a more historic, dominant, polarizing, model of dominance? I think not.

So lets see...

hmm...

Here here, Jermaine, very welll done as usual.

Lets not forget to throw A-rod, Mussina, Javy Vazquez, Garroid Sheffield*, the other Matsui, and most importantly Jason Giamboo* in the mix when talking about recent Yankee busts.

Can I ask you yankee fans a question? Over the last 5 years, each time after your team lost in the playoffs/WS, did you think in your head "Damnit. Oh well, this is ok, all we have to do is spend a little more money in FA next year and we can buy another championship."

Anyone who thinks the Yankees buy championships isn't paying that close attention as to who is winning the past five seasons.

You can purchase players to try and make a more competitive team, but obviously, you can't buy championships or the Yanks would win every year...do the Yanks put themselves in great position to win with their purchase power? Damn right! But, that's as far as it goes...team chemistry, injuries, coaching, intangibles are most important to winning championships.

Archived