If you weren’t skeptical of refs before…

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

there should be an investigation on how this interception got overturned. There was 0 conclusive evidence that this ball hit the ground 

There should be an investigation into Zach’s fumble, the bad DPI on Berrios, and the flagrant non-call DPI on Sauce where he was horse-collaring Courtland Sutton while the ball was in the air. But alas

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

NFL working more and more with legal gambling.

Players making so much money, harder to pay them off.

Ref making massive numbers of horrible calls week after week.   Nope, nothing to see here.

SHAVE THOSE POINTS BABY !  MAKE ONE BIG KILLING !!!!

ly1.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

There should be an investigation into Zach’s fumble, the bad DPI on Berrios, and the flagrant non-call DPI on Sauce where he was horse-collaring Courtland Sutton while the ball was in the air. But alas

It was bizarre, I thought the fix was in for the Jets but then there were some terrible calls against the Jets as well. Non call OPI vs sauce in end zone, BS holding on Berrios 1st down, Mosley reversal, Jets had like 5 drive killer ticky tack calls against them through the the game 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I actually think there is a chance he trapped it, but there was absolutely nothing definitive to overturn it. 

That was an egregious overturn, IMO

The Jets are 2-0 vs the refs this year, so far (@GB, @Denver)

I thought the refs helped us on the Wilson triple lindi fumble/toss to the defensive lineman play when they didn't overturn it. If they were trying to make the Broncos win that would have been 7 points for them and I thought it should have been tbh.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

It Definitely was but I'm Actually More Shocked that #98 of the Jets wasn't called for roughing the passer, leading with his helmet, & nailing the QB clearly after the ball was released.

There was an equally bad late hit against one of the WRs.  Felt like he was totally defenseless and got smacked at least a full second after the ball was past him.  Not sure if it was Mims but definitely stood out to me at the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What about the non call on the blatant late hit on mims?  Or was that ok b/c favored the broncos?

• Upvote 1

I have been watching football a LONG time.  The home team frequently gets the calls.  Some locations around the NFL are notorious for their home cooking.  It is an obstacle to overcome.   None of this surprises me in the least.

What bugs me is the Jets have never gotten the benefit of home calls ever since we moved to New Jersey.  I am not throwing rocks at the swamp.  Just stating the facts.  We got the calls are Shea.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

there should be an investigation on how this interception got overturned. There was 0 conclusive evidence that this ball hit the ground 

It very much was not an interception and I said as much when I saw that first replay (while the announcers were talking about how it wouldn't be overturned). His arms separated and he trapped the ball

Just now, clayton163v said:

I have been watching football a LONG time.  The home team frequently gets the calls.  Some locations around the NFL are notorious for their home cooking.  It is an obstacle to overcome.   None of this surprises me in the least.

What bugs me is the Jets have never gotten the benefit of home calls ever since we moved to New Jersey.  I am not throwing rocks at the swamp.  Just stating the facts.  We got the calls are Shea.

The thing is, we know the nfl caters to the good teams, the preferred owners and the star players.  Jets have never had any of this.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I thought the refs helped us on the Wilson triple lindi fumble/toss to the defensive lineman play when they didn't overturn it. If they were trying to make the Broncos win that would have been 7 points for them and I thought it should have been tbh.

I thought his forearm was down but that is another one where I would have stayed with the call on the field, whatever it was

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Given how horrible the call was over Zach's fumble returned for 6 by Denver, maaaaaaybe we should just be happy and move on.

Because that was unquestionably a fumble, and the Broncos TD was absolutely legit on that play.

And that was the difference maker more than anything yesterday.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Sports gambling has ruined all sports and the American work ethic. 

Billions of $$$ are at stake, OF COURSE the refs are going to make dubious calls and throw questionable flags. 

its a joke and youre willingly blind if you dont see it. Tim Donaghy ring a bell?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There was an equally bad late hit against one of the WRs.  Felt like he was totally defenseless and got smacked at least a full second after the ball was past him.  Not sure if it was Mims but definitely stood out to me at the time.

It was, I saw that too & thought the same... Mims was injured on that play. 

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What the hell is this? 

What the Refs are doing to us this year is nothing short of criminal. Picking up flags on holding calls the three PI calls vs the Fins or that game would have never gotten as close as it did . All the penalties yesterday and no replay by the TV crew on about 7 of them called on the offense. The Phantom personal foul on the Jets sideline giving the ball back not sure which game that was maybe the Packers ? Yesterday it looked like they were doing everything in their power to stop the Jets winning streak 

My guess is the league is getting a ton of complaints so they are just not showing replays anymore ?

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought Jet fans complain about the calls that go against the Jets?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The thing is, we know the nfl caters to the good teams, the preferred owners and the star players.  Jets have never had any of this.

The other owners were divided on ole Leon Hess.  On the one hand, he was an AFL upstart who crashed their party.   He could also be abrasive when riled. 

On the other hand he was General George Patton's oil supply officer (that would be Captain Hess) for the third army's charge across Europe.  

Some of the owners thought that was pretty cool.   He got on with the older NFL families.