Torn ACL for Breece Hall

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Just brutal. It looked so innocuous at the time too.

It’s more depressing that we miss out on watching him every Sunday than anything else. Not often have we had Jets offensive players to watch who are so dynamic. I feel terrible for the guy too as he seems to have brought a lot of character to the team on top of everything else.

Hopefully he gets back to 100% for next season.

This is it right here.  Once hall went out, this offense was Darnold level bad.  He was so fun to watch.  I cant take this boring, sh!tty offense any longer.  

Even though we won yesterday, it was brutal football to watch.  So boring.  

24 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Dobbins is bad this year and just reinjured his knee. It Breece follows the same timeline, he won’t be at full strength until 2024.

God hates the Jets. 

Interesting thread here. Gist of it is Dobbins and Javonte had/have more serious injuries due to the LCL involvement. Breece is at least a cleaner tear. Plus throw In Dobbins' injury history too. It's a different case. Hopefully this means BH is back in time for 23 at full speed. We can hope. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I will say that an ACL tear isn't the death sentence it used to be for RB's, but still sucks for this season at least. 

This is the only silver lining because for decades it was a running back death sentence.

Jamal Lewis was the first I remember to come back to the player he was before the tear. Others have followed.

But it's no guarantee Breece will be as fortunate. 

11 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Interesting thread here. Gist of it is Dobbins and Javonte had/have more serious injuries due to the LCL involvement. Breece is at least a cleaner tear. Plus throw In Dobbins' injury history too. It's a different case. Hopefully this means BH is back in time for 23 at full speed. We can hope. 

You’re right. I saw ACL + meniscus and immediately thought worst case scenario but the Dobbins and Williams tears were worse.

When we all saw how great Breece actually was ...this scenario was in the back of my mind ...it always is as a Jets fan and it always happens

The Mud Bowl

86 Jets tearing up the league and lose 6 starter in the course of 2 weeks

Vinny Injury in 99

Pennington Multiple injuries starting with his broken hand in preseason

The list goes on im sure theres more we can add

Sadly I was almost sure this was going to happen, I feel terrible for Breece and every single Jets fan but this is the life we chose 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Well the meniscus is not a huge deal. If there was also LCL or PCL involvement it could be worse. ACL surgery improves every day. There is a good chance that he can get back to 100% for next year but it is exactly what we did not want to hear. He was right on the verge of being "that guy".

I think the Jets can still be OK. Since they simplified the secondary and went more to man with Reed and Sauce and simplified pass off zone, our defense has been elite. 

I think Zach can be the 4th quarter Pittsburgh guy more consistently. 

I am not going to lose hope. This could unify the team even more as well. One thing for sure is this team is not the SOJ and very very resilient.

Simplify?  Who are you, Aaron Rodgers?  :)

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m with you and had the same thoughts initially. if you slow down the replay before the head to head contact his knee/leg goes limp and completely gives out. 

Was he hit or it just crumpled? 

Damn this sucks 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

They basically knew it from the knee stability tests yesterday but what a bummer. 

the people who were holding out hope that it wasn't an ACL tear (just a sprain or something) are the most hopeful Jets fans in Jetsville 

this post is 100% true the trainers can tell it's an ACL right then and there. the MRI is just to find out what else happened 

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Exactly.  Those two will scare teams as much as Green Bay receivers.

They act like these guys are going to just jump in and have Breece level production. Johnson is a JAG, Knight is an unknown on the PS who looked good against 3rd teamers in preseason. Breece isn't an interchangeable piece, he WAS the engine that made the offense go. They have to try to replace that with someone who has proven he can do similar things like Hunt and Montgomery. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the people who were holding out hope that it wasn't an ACL tear (just a sprain or something) are the most hopeful Jets fans in Jetsville 

this post is 100% true the trainers can tell it's an ACL right then and there. the MRI is just to find out what else happened 

Doesn't mean they can't be wrong (or haven't been wrong in the past). Everyone thought Zach Wilson had an ACL tear also.