Torn ACL for Breece Hall

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Doesn't mean they can't be wrong (or haven't been wrong in the past). Everyone thought Zach Wilson had an ACL tear also. 

the knee stability test is always accurate 

they did it on Zach and said his ACL was intact

what happened with Zach was twitter doctors looked at the film and it looked like an ACL on film. But the trainers know as soon as it happens, and Saleh knew about Breece last night 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Dobbins. Generally the prognosis is: back next year. Back to full strength and explosiveness the year after

this whole Breece tearing his knee thing is argument number 1000 why RBs don't go high in the draft anymore 

Todd Gurley just retired at 28 

the wear and tear on RBs is just incredible, and most of them have like a 3-5 year window when they are effective

the first 7 games made JD look like a genius for taking Hall high rd 2 

the next 10 games plus however long it takes for Hall to get back to normal (another year?) makes JD look like a dunce for taking him high rd 2 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/analysis/the-impact-of-acl-surgery-on-fantasy-performance-running-backs/

Excluding players who retired after their ACL injury, the vast majority of players were more efficient in yards per attempt, yards per touch, and fantasy points per game in the second year following ACL surgery.

Age does seem to matter. Younger backs in this sample (younger than 26) were more likely than veteran backs to have a bounce-back season in year two after ACL surgery, at least when you look at efficiency metrics and fantasy points per game. Unfortunately, late career ACL injuries have the potential to be career-threatening (Darren Sproles, Lamar Miller, etc.)

Conclusion & Takeaways

There’s no doubt that players can return to an elite level following an ACL surgery. After all, we’ve seen some elite production from Dalvin Cook in recent years, Todd Gurley had an incredible few years once healthy, and we’ve seen backs in the past like AP and Jamaal Charles be successful. But, there’s an edge to gain in fantasy football with this population of players returning from ACL surgery, especially running backs in year one off the surgery.

There will no doubt be outliers over the next few seasons, and the medical field will continue to develop better surgical and rehab techniques as the years go by. But, as it stands right now, the data shows that RBs coming off an ACL surgery tend to be less efficient and have worse fantasy seasons in their first year following surgery when compared to their pre-injury career averages and when compared to year two after surgery.

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this whole Breece tearing his knee thing is argument number 1000 why RBs don't go high in the draft anymore 

the wear and tear on RBs is just incredible, and most of them have like a 3-5 year window when they are effective

the next 10 games plus however long it takes for Hall to get back to normal (another year?) makes JD look like a dunce for taking him high rd 2 

Its a physical sport , any player can get hurt on any play - its just plain bad luck. By your premise we should just forfeit our first and second rd picks because they might get hurt. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Its a physical sport , any player can get hurt on any play - its just plain bad luck. By your premise we should just forfeit our first and second rd picks because they might get hurt. 

they should draft linemen and other players that last longer than 5 years and save the RB picks for day 3 

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Point being AVT going down yesterday , injuries happen regardless of position.

fair enough but I'm not super jazzed about drafting guards top 15 either

the Injuries by the way you are right they happen to every team 

how do teams overcome these injuries? Someone, usually the QB, has to step up 

these injuries hurt so badly because we don't want to ask Zach to step up 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Maybe you don't, but I think there's a fair amount of people in Florham Park who may be expecting that pretty soon. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Maybe you don't, but I think there's a fair amount of people in Florham Park who may be expecting that pretty soon. 

oh yeah we agree there 

Zach has no place else to hide this season 

he's not a rookie he's in year 2 and it's time to put on those big boy pants and make some serious throws 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Yep. Lord knows no other high draft picks ever blow out their knees.

Also, Gurley was drafted with a known injury that he refused to allow a medical check on. No comparison.

On 10/24/2022 at 3:23 PM, bitonti said:

be interesting to see how many 1 or 2 round RB get ACL injury during rookie contract.   seems high.

do you think that if no injury risk the Hall pick was a good one?  4 years of a game changer seems very worth it for a second round pick, especially given our lack of sucess with a 2nd round pick over the last decade.

On 10/24/2022 at 3:23 PM, bitonti said:

yet another awful and illogical take.  How many is that already?  You adore being the contrarian.  But at least do so with arguments that make some sense and have some support. sheesh

• Upvote 2

On 10/24/2022 at 4:17 PM, bitonti said:

Would a bowling ball with butcher knives be appropriate top 5? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

be interesting to see how many 1 or 2 round RB get ACL injury during rookie contract.   seems high.

do you think that if no injury risk the Hall pick was a good one?  4 years of a game changer seems very worth it for a second round pick, especially given our lack of sucess with a 2nd round pick over the last decade.

In just 6 1/2 games Breece Hall is already the most productive 2nd round pick the Jets have made in 15 years.

You have to go back to David Harris in the 2007 draft - the last time we picked someone worth a damn.

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, Anthony Jet said:

I know the season is shot. But what’s the recovery for something like that? Can they come back just as good? Any recent examples?

I believe with NFL athletes the odds of ever being back fully what they were are the lowest amongst all the sports because of all the lateral movement. I think NHL athletes have the highest rates of full recovery. 

That said the advancements in ACL/Meniscus recovery have been accelerating at lightning speed the last 10 years. Seems like they have something new every 6-12 months and Hall is super young. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/24/2022 at 3:21 PM, bitonti said:

the knee stability test is always accurate 

they did it on Zach and said his ACL was intact

what happened with Zach was twitter doctors looked at the film and it looked like an ACL on film. But the trainers know as soon as it happens, and Saleh knew about Breece last night 

ACL is the easiest thing to diagnose. MCL on the other hand alway takes like 5 guys because the first 4 disagree on which test is even accurate and then if you've failed it.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:23 PM, bitonti said:

Mommas don’t let your sons grow up to be running backs.

My son plays Pee Wee ball — he asked me what is the best position to play? I told him golfer. He said no, football position. I answered kicker. Getting frustrated he clarified, “no I mean a real position” (lol). So I told him O lineman. Which he now is :) 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yet another awful and illogical take.  How many is that already?  You adore being the contrarian.  But at least do so with arguments that make some sense and have some support. sheesh

I'm working on a new one now:

Elijah Moore wants more touches and traded he's a bum who's abandoned his team mates 

James Robinson wants more touches and traded he's a great guy and a hero 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Drob story is proof that hope is dumb 

If you never get your hopes up, they can't be dashed 

The higher the hope, the farther the fall. Look at Joe W. Namath. Has already flip flopped between absurd homerism and inconsolable dark siderism twice this young season by my count.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Elijah Moore wants more touches and traded he's a bum who's abandoned his team mates 

as far as i've seen, robinson didn't goto twitter "not to complain" like moore did, throw a hissy fit and get sent home for the day.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ozzie Newsome drafted Kyler Boller in the first round. To wit, all his opinions are worthless.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Hell hath no fury like a Jets fan scorned 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1