Jets season is done

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Our defense is still tops in the league so I’m not that worried. Plus Zach will take off and lead this offense. Fant, Max Mitchell and Elijah Moore will all be back too

And let's not forget ST is still kicking like a chicken and they are not getting enough credit in thier win contribution. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is alarmist and not cool, but I also think that the homers who just spent the past month being angry at me and calling me names need to take responsibility for the 2022 Jets season completely imploding because you were all such uppity dicks and this is what you get.

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Well..the one way to reframe this misfortune is to know that this was/is not team contending for a Super Bowl.  
Perhaps in a year or two it will be (provided our QB turns out).

Can hope to not be so snakebitten with injuries in seasons 23&24.  For the last 5-6 years..no team..on average has suffered more from injuries than the Jets.

The yearly rankings re injuries shows this to be a fact.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Time for Zachary to step up.

We've said that the past 3 weeks and the rest of the team carried him. He doesn't have that luxury anymore. It's Zach or nothing. The defense isn't going to beat the Patriots.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

We've said that the past 3 weeks and the rest of the team carried him. He doesn't have that luxury anymore. It's Zach or nothing. The defense isn't going to beat the Patriots.

I think most people were saying to run the rock that last 2 weeks because of who we were facing but ok

agree the defense isn't going to beat the pats alone

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Well to be fair I don’t see the Pats offense moving the ball that much on our defense. I’d be surprised if they scored 2 TDs

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Our defense is still tops in the league so I’m not that worried. Plus Zach will take off and lead this offense. Fant, Max Mitchell and Elijah Moore will all be back too

This is certainly the hope.  MC is still a good RB and maybe we'll find someone else.  The OL play is going to be critical (when the reinforcements come along).  

18 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The defense is still near 100% healthy. And Michael Carter was a 100 yard per game back last year.. 

Uh I love Carter but that's nowhere close to true, even if you factor in recieving yards. Not trying to rain on your reasonable parade. 

He broke 100 exactly 2 times rush/rec.

He broke 100 exactly 1 time rushing. 

And he didnt even break 90 total yards in any of the other games. 

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I am not going this far bit it will be very difficult to wn the next 3 games w/o hall and avt.  Bellichek is licking his chops already.  Halloween and ghosts, its Bellicheks time of year.

BB caught us at the perfect time.  What a shocker!

I fully expect to lose to the Pats though I would be very happy with a hard-fought game, regardless of the outcome.  

Saleh has this team playing well and a win on Sunday will further cement his place here. Despite all of the injuries this season, the Jets are 5-2.

Feels like it’s the same statement every week, but this week is as big as it gets in terms of season implications. Win by any means necessary 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Uh I love Carter but that's nowhere close to true, even if you factor in recieving yards. Not trying to rain on your reasonable parade. 

Yes I meant all purpose yards but ok... I guess I am wrong... I thought he was better then that. 

In the end its going to be bam on 1st and 2nd and MC on 3rd with ty Johnson spelling both in pass critical situations... Unless they get another rb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Obviously the most important question this year would be if Zach takes that next step and shows signs of becoming a FQB. The jury is clearly still out on that question. 

But probably the second biggest question was whether this coaching staff deserved another season or if we should be looking for a new HC. I think that question has already been answered. This team needs stability and this coaching staff has now proven they can win when given NFL-caliber talent. 

We shouldn't dismiss how important that is. This franchise desperately needs stability at the leadership ranks and unless we completely lose every game for the rest of the year it seems like we will have that next season and possibly beyond. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, PorP said:

How about we wait and see how the team responds before  a declaration the sky is falling. 

It's is the NY Jets who have been winning and while hall and AVT are a big piece of it,  they are definitely not all of it. 

Ok, seriously? Hall was like 80% of the offense since we started to win save one game. AVT was the best OL. Now we have lost Becton, Fant, and AVT on the OL and Brown is playing injired. Who knows how long he holds up.  I am all for trying to be positive but we are now looking for a miracle.  This team needs to find a new way to win. 

38 minutes ago, Hex said:

Jets will beat the Lions and probably the Bears, I think the Jags are manageable too. I can see them maybe beating the Seahawks too if their hot streak goes out.

Jets will finish 8-9 or 9-8 at the best

So you don't think we can finish 500?  I  think we can.  I give us a reasonable shot at 10 games.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

And he was just shy of a 1000 total yards in his Rookie year.  So let's not sleep on him

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, seriously? Hall was like 80% of the offense since we started to win save one game. AVT was the best OL. Now we have lost Becton, Fant, and AVT on the OL and Brown is playing injired. Who knows how long he holds up.  I am all for trying to be positive but we are now looking for a miracle.  This team needs to find a new way to win. 

Breece was not 80% and you're not about being positive ... we've all seen your posts and know that's laughable. 

Maybe we should all discount the other 51 players,  talk bad play into existence and start talking about the draft now.... that seems like a way better plan than waiting and seeing how the team responds. 

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I agree with this... A lot of posters get so emotionally reactive to every bit of news. 

The defense is still near 100% healthy. And Michael Carter was a 100 yard per game back last year.. 

losing 2 of the top 5 players on offense in the same day seems pretty more than "every bit of news".