Jets season is done

1 minute ago, PorP said:

Breece was not 80% and you're not about being positive ... we've all seen your posts and know that's laughable. 

Maybe we should all discount the other 51 players,  talk bad play into existence and start talking about the draft now.... that seems like a way better plan than waiting and seeing how the team responds. 

Lol. You are such an unrealistic fan. This just set the team back to last season. You think we win against any team but Cleveland and the Steelers without Hall? The  D is still in good shape so maybe we can just stop every other team from scoring but really, have you been watching Zach the last two games. And you are right, I am not being positive what I said was I am all for trying to be positive.  That was referring to you but we just lost the two most important offensive  players on the team for the rest of the season. Zach hasn't  thrown a TD in the last 3 games. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Lol. You are such an unrealistic fan. This just set the team back to last season. You think we win against any team but Cleveland and the Steelers without Hall? The  D is still in good shape so maybe we can just stop every other team from scoring but really, have you been watching Zach the last two games. And you are right, I am not being positive what I said was I am all for trying to be positive.  That was referring to you but we just lost the two most important offensive  players on the team for the rest of the season. Zach hasn't  thrown a TD in the last 3 games. 

So you've given up...

What's the point of continuing to post lol. Just start a bunch of draft and Becton threads.  Start your offseason now lol. 

But I'm not jumping ship because you're scared to be on the life raft alone

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, PorP said:

So you've given up...

What's the point of continuing to post lol. Just start a bunch of draft and Becton threads.  Start your offseason now lol. 

But I'm not jumping ship because you're scared to be on the life raft alone

WTF is your problem. Scared? You think I'm scared? I swear, some people really need a life around here. No Mr. Blue Sky's. I'm not scared, but I am certainly not going to delude myself into thinking this team can just replace these two and not miss a beat. Zach is not Brady. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

WTF is your problem. Scared? You think I'm scared? I swear, some people really need a life around here. No Mr. Blue Sky's. I'm not scared, but I am certainly not going to delude myself into thinking this team can just replace these two and not miss a beat. Zach is not Brady. 

It's an analogy, I'll let you Google that word. 

But WTF is wrong with you reacting like that over an analogy?

• Thumb Down 1

My opinion is we have a top 10 defense & special teams.  Will those 2 units be enough?

It all comes down to the Offense-- especially Zach, LaFleur and the makeshift line. 

We desperately need Fant and/or Mitchell back but we won't have either for the Pats. 

Two games before the bye... Pats & Bills at home.  Gotta get 1 of these.

The key is to figure out Zach's strengths and play to them.   Everything should be on the table including no-huddle and aggressively attacking the middle of the field and deep.  I'd also like to see Zach run the ball more in the face of pressure.  But slide!

• Upvote 2

Just now, More Cowbell said:

If you say so. For it to be an analogy, you would have to state a like circumstances I was experiencing  to what you wrote and there is none. 

Your Google search was ineffective,  try again.  And to be accurate there were 2 analogies in there.  See if you can spot them. 

1 hour ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Hall and AVT gone for the year.....Jets will now pile up the losses and maybe win 2 more game the rest of the season

Good morning sunshine

soooo our D is still there. Our ST is still there.

maybe Carter plays like he did last year, the Oline keeps it together AND zach starts throwing better

We might be BETTER

My Prescription for the JETS coaching staff which granted very risky all in approach to season

Now is not the time to go cower into conservatism.  For the Jets to get through this they need to do 2 things.

1.  Go man-cover/single high S and Blitz like crazy every chance they get to force turnovers and defensive scoring.

2.  You just lost 5.6 YPA from Beece - nobody is going to replace that and to effective run that offense you need that.  So my advise abandon WCO now and go spread.  Abandon 2 TE sets to add more WR and bring in another one if you have to.  Need to completely change to survive and put it all on the back of the neophyte QB to sink or swim... Don't try to prolong this just rip the band-aid and let the cards fall where they may.

• Upvote 1

i am not one for glass half full type takes, but somehow ive decided to look at this glass half full.

1. Hall was used extensively in college, which means his ACL could have been fairly worn out. If anything having his ACL fixed will improve his ability to stay healthy as the years go by. lots of RB's had ACL injuries, this is part of the reason why.

2. He is a stud, we know it, the jets know it...he's proven to everyone what he is. The reason i needed Wilson to play this year is because i have no idea what he is, if he was Joe Borrow and he missed the season after that preseason injury...i wouldnt be nearly as upset as i would be if he missed this actual season.

3. The jets will have to throw more now. I know it may mean we dont win as many games, but i want them to throw more. Winning 10 games and then losing in the first round of the playoffs because we just run run run pass run run run, wouldnt give us any intel on Wilson going into next year. this is not a SB team without a QB with our without Hall/AVT.

4. As i said above, we arent a SB team....this season was always about developing guys mainly the QB...and i would argue Hall is the guy who prob needs the least development out of the young guys...he is already a star.

going to watch the rest of this year, hope for the best, and hope that both Hall and AVT can come back healthy next season. Ditto for Becton. I think we can still win 10 games this year.

thats just me.

• Upvote 1

I honestly wish some of you would grow a pair and quit crying......

Both of these injuries are devastating yes, it hurts. 

But if we can go 5-5.....yes play .500 football for the rest of the season...that puts us at 10-7 and a likely playoff birth. That’s why this 5-2 start is important. It gives us some cushion for some tough games ahead missing some key pieces. Today is grim but all hope isn’t lost. 

• Upvote 1

I'm devastated for the two players involved - both had been playing lights out and it's tough to lose either, never mind both. 

But does anyone here honestly feel that all we had this season to make the games worth watching was a guard and a running back? Even if both were playing at an All Pro / Pro Bowl level, they weren't winning the games on their own. 

AVT was doing great as a guard - but he really got everyone's attention when he filled in at LT and RT because of injuries. And Herbig, who filled in for AVT, has been a pleasant surprise. Hall will be hard to replace as an all-round weapon, so the coaches are going to have to find other ways to win other than leaning on the run game so much. We know the defense will still be playing lights out, and ST has mainly been a strength this year. 

I think we'll learn a lot more about this young team - and the coaching staff - in the weeks and months ahead. I'm not giving up after all the surprises they've pulled on us thus far. When the going gets tough - go beat the snot out of the Patsies! 

• Upvote 1

Is there a contest for who can say the Jets season is over first?  This is so stupid.  Why?  Go be a fan, stop being the guy who wants to be "the one who knew when everything would fall apart first so you get hurt the least" or something...

Seven weeks ago you guys were rising to the crap Brady Quinn put out about the Jets opening the season going 0 and 9. Now after demolishing that line of rubbish the Jets have a Bad Day injury wise against one of the best defenses in the NFL. AND THEY STILL WON THE GAME ! Yes Hall and AVT are damn good players but are you telling me there is no one else on this team that will step in and take up the slack now that they are gone ? Talk about Fair-Weather Fans, Good Grief Charlie Brown. I know you will be surprised with what you see this team put out over the next few weeks. AND IN A GOOD WAY. By Thanksgiving Sunday the Game against Denver will be long forgotten and you guys will be deep in to plotting which team the Jets will meet in the first round of the Playoffs

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Seven weeks ago you guys were rising to the crap Brady Quinn put out about the Jets opening the season going 0 and 9. Now after demolishing that line of rubbish the Jets have a Bad Day injury wise against one of the best defenses in the NFL. And they still win the game. Yes Hall and AVT are damn good players but are you telling me there is no one else on this team that will step in and take up the slack now that they are gone ? Talk about Fair-Weather Fans, Good Grief Charlie Brown. I know you will be surprised with what you see this team put out over the next few weeks. AND IN A GOOD WAY. By Thanksgiving you guys will be deep in to plotting which team the Jets will meet in the first round of the Playoffs

Life on this board is very much "get too high after the highs, and too low after the lows". :D  

54 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

My Prescription for the JETS coaching staff which granted very risky all in approach to season

Now is not the time to go cower into conservatism.  For the Jets to get through this they need to do 2 things.

1.  Go man-cover/single high S and Blitz like crazy every chance they get to force turnovers and defensive scoring.

2.  You just lost 5.6 YPA from Beece - nobody is going to replace that and to effective run that offense you need that.  So my advise abandon WCO now and go spread.  Abandon 2 TE sets to add more WR and bring in another one if you have to.  Need to completely change to survive and put it all on the back of the neophyte QB to sink or swim... Don't try to prolong this just rip the band-aid and let the cards fall where they may.

Nope