Jets acquire James Robinson [merged]

Larz

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Remember him playing well last year but haven't heard anything this year.  Why is he expendable?

He's actually been very good this year. Lots of big runs the first few games, but the jags are turning to ETN as their primary back. 

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes, And i would have preferred O-Line.    Carter is not Hall but he is pretty good.  

Nobody is trading a starting caliber OL mid season

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Interesting.
This is an honest question because I can’t think of many rb’s with that injury off the top of my head other than Akers.
who hasn’t recovered from that injury?. 
Were you hoping for someone better for a higher draft pick? 

Akers was more dependent on his speed/burst then robinson and its not athletic ability that was causing Akers to be traded.  He isnt a team guy and cant pass protect. Robinson is a team guy who can catch and pass protect, he is also a one-cut runner who isnt a burst/home run threat.  Hes a great fit given the compensation and circumstances.

• Upvote 2

Not sure how I feel about this one.  Robinson has been a nice player, but coming off an achilles injury.  I guess we are only looking at him for half a season, maybe next year as well since he is under contract.  But I can't think of any RBs to return from to pre-injury form after an achilles.

Just now, Lith said:

Not sure how I feel about this one.  Robinson has been a nice player, but coming off an achilles injury.  I guess we are only looking at him for half a season, maybe next year as well since he is under contract.  But I can't think of any RBs to return from to pre-injury form after an achilles.

Definitely can’t hurt. Sends a message to the locker room and fan base, Jets are going for it. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

one aspect that I like is that it helps Breece if he needs more time early next year

jaguars fans hate the move so that’s a good sign 

nice to hear. a little worried that he's coming back from an Achilles, but he sounds like a warrior

wondering why the Jags didn't value his beyond a 5th-6th rounder

The Jacksonville Jaguars are trying to explain why James Robinson wasn't used more on Sunday.

Sound familiar? 

This time, though, the Jaguars' head coach didn't tell media to ask the team's running backs coach. Instead, Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson explained on Monday that the third-year running back played just 12 snaps on Sunday and didn't record a carry due to a knee injury he has been dealing with.

“He has been dealing with some lower body issues, mostly in his knees right now, but he is a big part of what we’re doing," Pederson said on Wednesday

"Just soreness, and he was dealing with it a little bit in the game. Look, I’m big about, I want to make sure, I know they’re not always going to be 100 percent, in games, but I want them to be close, and I want them to not worry about it from a mental standpoint."

Robinson could be seen stretching on the sidelines at times during the 23-17 loss to the New York Giants, though he wasn't on the injury report throughout the week. Robinson has appeared in all seven games this year after a late-season Achilies injury in 2021, 

After 51 carries in the first three weeks, Robinson has just 30 over the last four. By comparison, Etienne carried the ball 26 times in the first three weeks but has rushed 42 times over the last four games, recording over 100 yards from scrimmage in the last three and having his first 100-yard rushing day on Sunday.

"We know Travis is playing well right now, too. It doesn’t take anything away from James," Pederson said. "It just so happens that in certain situations Travis is getting the ball, but as we move forward, we’re always going to continue to find ways to get James going, in the mix. He’s a big part of what we’re doing.”

The question is now how much the Jaguars can mix Robinson into the offense while still being a pass-first unit. Etienne has taken control of the backfield thanks to his explosiveness and ability to break off long runs, giving him an edge over Robinson that he may not give up.

"Again, it just goes back to how well Travis was playing at the time. Again, nothing about James’s playing time, nothing about him as a running back," Pederson said. 

"I’ve got a lot of confidence in James. We’re going to continue to find ways to get him on the field. I feel like, as an offense, we are better when both those guys are playing."

• Upvote 1