Jets acquire James Robinson [merged]

Larz

41 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is what happens when people don't actually follow the nfl. He's been back and looked good.

You're acting like he hasn't played an NFL down since the injury. He already has 340 yards on 4.2 yards per carry. 

No, this is what happens when I’m not wearing blinders. 4.2 is actually deceiving. He’s been very inefficient outside of 3 long runs. Take those 3 plays away and he’s around 2.5 yards per carry. The runs happened, good for him for getting them but if you watched him play, you’d see he hasn’t done much with his other 75+ carries.

I hope I’m wrong, I really do, but if you actually watched him play vs just looking at the 4.2 ypc, you’d know what I was talking about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm sure that question got asked by JD during that phone call. Also, if you watched that game against the Giants and the way Etienne was playing there is no way you'd take Etienne out either. 

agreed but he also tore his achilles against us last year so he may be recovering form that as well

Certainly can’t complain.  Acquiring Robinson may turn out to be as solid a move as could be expected under the circumstances.  JD didn’t want to trade away a high value pick…which was smart.

Sounds like Robinson is banged up a bit…as the coach referenced both of his knees being “sore.”  We know about the Achilles injury he had as well.
Still, it seems like JD was able to acquire a serviceable back without giving up much at all.  Well done, but the “proof will be in the pudding”, as they say.

Just now, sciond said:

The eye test shows he has not been good. I have seen him a few games. Hopefully you are right

He's never going to impress you with his speed, he didn't pre injury either. He's a downhill, 1 cut runner who grinds out yards. He has really good vision and knows how to run in this zone scheme and set up his blocks. He's not Hall but the 1-2 punch with Carter should still be strong. 

5 minutes ago, sciond said:

The eye test shows he has not been good. I have seen him a few games. Hopefully you are right

If there wasn’t a perceived downside…a more negative view of Robinson’s play.. then the trade wouldn’t make any sense at all.  You have to take in what we guess the Jags view is of his play of late to only settle for a 5th at best pick.  He’s been banged up with sore knees according to the coach, but we obviously hope to see a positive contribution.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This trade does nothing for me.  Robinson is a JAG.  Not to say we shouldnt have made the trade.  Joe D felt we needed to do something and he did what he could.

But this does not excite me one bit.

Im am stull in major breece depression.

It's brutal.  But it will likely force Zach to be more of a factor, which could be a good thing.  Going into this season we all wanted to see what we had (or didn't have) in him.  

We still have a very good (potentially great?) defense and the NFL is apparently starting to become lower scoring.  So potentially there are more ways to win a game this year than in previous years.  And we still have MC, who is a talented back.  I'm not all that familiar with JR but at least there are some positive things being said about him.

Let's also remember that our OL will get reinforcements in the coming weeks and probably GW is due for a big game soon.  It's also possible our offense looked terrible because of GB and Denver's excellent pass defenses.

Another x factor is that some of our younger players might improve as the season progresses.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Whether he is or isn't, his pure running ability/ability to find the hole is probably his best trait.

He fits this team like a glove.  We've found our early down back replacement.  And he's a great get for beyond 2022 as well if we choose to extend him (which we should).  

RB depth chart for next year just made it move. 

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He's never going to impress you with his speed, he didn't pre injury either. He's a downhill, 1 cut runner who grinds out yards. He has really good vision and knows how to run in this zone scheme and set up his blocks. He's not Hall but the 1-2 punch with Carter should still be strong. 

Hope you are right like I said when I have caught him a few times and not great this year...We can use a guy like that

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jags fans are pissed they only got a 6th for him

That's because most fans don't understand what a RB in the last year of their contract on a 2-5 team is worth to the organization.  Get the asset, sign someone off waivers that shows promise for nothing.  That's what we did in 2020 with Steve Mclendon and Avery Williamson.  Not a horrible move for the Jags.