Jets acquire James Robinson [merged]

Larz

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Still a weird take? net positive? I could have responded to about 20 of these similar comments telling me that he was good and that I was just being negative.  Got blasted for this one from just about everyone. Terrible trade for a damaged player that did absolutely nothing. JD completely blew it. He knew he needed to get a back here and chose this guy?

JD is overrated as a GM. People say he's like a genius or something but trading for Jrob mid season was a mediocre panic move 

JD is a random number generator sometimes he gives us Sauce sometimes he gives us Zach. Why sign Quinnen when you can acquire Laken Tomlinson instead

he's not great but he's not awful.  literally most posters on this board could do a better job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Still a weird take? net positive? I could have responded to about 20 of these similar comments telling me that he was good and that I was just being negative.  Got blasted for this one from just about everyone. Terrible trade for a damaged player that did absolutely nothing. JD completely blew it. He knew he needed to get a back here and chose this guy?

The amount of groaning over a lousy 6th round pick is amazing. We lost Breece Hall and he added a RB w/experience. It didn't work out. Why so much thrashing around about the 6th rounder? jfc

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The amount of groaning over a lousy 6th round pick is amazing. We lost Breece Hall and he added a RB w/experience. It didn't work out. Why so much thrashing around about the 6th rounder? jfc

I don’t care about the pick, i care about the player they picked out to replace breece. It was clear as day this dude was not the same guy pre achillies injury.

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

I don’t care about the pick, i care about the player they picked out to replace breece. It was clear as day this dude was not the same guy pre achillies injury.

who were they supposed to go get at that point in the season? there is no replacing a breece hall.

this may be a stretch but I do wonder if his experience recovering from the injury was something they considered when making the trade. They may have saw it as something valuable to breece.

• Upvote 1

They say that hindsight is always 20/20.  Most people, including myself, loved the move at time.  Now, that James may have been dinged up a little bit and couldn't contribute as much as originally thought, everyone is weighing in with a negative take.  He passed the physical that the Jets gave him before finalizing the deal and now we're looking to pin this in Joe D.  Joe took a stab and it didn't help much.  Bam jumped in and filled the gap in the running game until we started to see the Zach-special 8 man boxes from opposing defenses that killed our running game.

1 hour ago, Duckman said:

They say that hindsight is always 20/20.  Most people, including myself, loved the move at time.  Now, that James may have been dinged up a little bit and couldn't contribute as much as originally thought, everyone is weighing in with a negative take.  He passed the physical that the Jets gave him before finalizing the deal and now we're looking to pin this in Joe D.  Joe took a stab and it didn't help much.  Bam jumped in and filled the gap in the running game until we started to see the Zach-special 8 man boxes from opposing defenses that killed our running game.

i am ok with it. we have him on the cheap for next year, and dont give up the elevated comp for this year. having multiple RB's is critical going into every year.

• Upvote 1