Jets acquire James Robinson [merged]

Larz

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This trade does nothing for me.  Robinson is a JAG.  Not to say we shouldnt have made the trade.  Joe D felt we needed to do something and he did what he could.

But this does not excite me one bit.

Im am stull in major breece depression.

You got a 1k yard runner for a 6th rd pick. He’s not Breece hall but he’s a good back. He and Carter will be a nice duo in this run heavy scheme while they try to hide the qb.

My only concern is that he and Carter are very similar. I think there both 5 8 or 5 9. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This trade does nothing for me.  Robinson is a JAG.  Not to say we shouldnt have made the trade.  Joe D felt we needed to do something and he did what he could.

But this does not excite me one bit.

Im am stull in major breece depression.

There's medication for that. Cheer up, man. You're the most positive guy here. We need you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I go off line for an hour or so to have some of my home made meat pie and play some video games and I miss this scoop! 

Paradis was all over this guy before the draft year.

He was very very good for a few years and the cost is fine, we are probably giving them the pick we got for whats his face, the always injured LB Cashman.

Now whether this works out in the long run or not this shows the team the GM is willing to make immediate moves when things go bad.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Absolutely perfect.  I didn't think this trade was being made for a 1-year rental.  Robinson will be great to have entering 2023 as well as Breece rehabs.  

5th/6th round pick for a very nice 1b type of RB who the fans are gonna absolutely love over the next 1.5 seasons. 

JD is a god.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I’ll happily trade a 5th for him to come here and ball and we end up in the playoffs

I think you nailed it. Whenever you make a decision in your organization, you must always ask yourself "What is the goal?"  The goal is to make the playoffs.  The question Joe Douglas must ask himself is: "Can Robinson help the NY Jets achieve its goal this year?"  

If the answer is yes, then you make the trade.  If the answer is no, then you don't.

I could care less about anything else, with the exception of "Did we give up too much for him?"  5th round draft picks are valuable in my opinion, but if he can grind out 260 yards this season, stay healthy, and hep us win games, then the Jets win the trade.  If the Jets win, and the Jaguars get a good player in the 5th round, then I have no problem with them winning as well.

If Robinson can't grind out 260 yards, then the Jets give up a 6th round pick, which to me is like throwing dice and playing craps.  In craps, the house normally wins, which means that there is risk for both the Jets and the Jaguars.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I go off line for an hour or so to have some of my home made meat pie and play some video games and I miss this scoop! 

Paradis was all over this guy before the draft year.

He was very very good for a few years and the cost is fine, we are probably giving them the pick we got for whats his face, the always injured LB Cashman.

Now whether this works out in the ling run or not this shows the team the GM is willing to make immediate moves when things go bad.

Thank you Joe Douglas! Thank you!