Michael Carter Gives Update on Breece Hall; His Confidence in Zach Wilson is Through the Roof

Maxman

5 minutes ago, fastmover said:

Who to believe?  An actual team mate of the Qb (who, you know, is an actual professional athlete, gets paid to play) or a bunch of armchair GM’s and Talent evaluators here on JetNation? 

Such a conundrum……

Semper Fi

Isn't it pretty standard in the world of sports for athletes to generally say nice things about their teammates, sans a diva here and there?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Isn't it pretty standard in the world of sports for athletes to generally say nice things about their teammates, sans a diva here and there?

Isn't it also standard for fans of a team to generally be excessively pessimistic about their teams players, sans a realist here and there? And for good reason, but nonetheless. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Isn't it also standard for fans of a team to generally be excessively pessimistic about their teams players, sans a realist here and there? And for good reason, but nonetheless. 

Depends on the fan base I suppose. Wilson isn't a good NFL QB, at least at the moment, but who actually expects a teammate to say that? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Depends on the fan base I suppose. Wilson isn't a good NFL QB, at least at the moment, but who actually expects a teammate to say that? 

As the Bears just showed, you don't need to have a god NFL QB to beat these stinkin' Pats! :D  

Our defense (and ST) has to be the winning force in this game. We likely won't win a 45-42 shootout, but if we hold the Pats to under 20 or so, we've got to get the win, however beaten up our offense is.

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

He is a QB that wins and that is the most important thing since it also means the players around him on both sides of the ball are confident he will lead them to victory.

11 hours ago, fastmover said:

Who to believe?  An actual team mate of the Qb (who, you know, is an actual professional athlete, gets paid to play) or a bunch of armchair GM’s and Talent evaluators here on JetNation? 

Such a conundrum……

Semper Fi

That may be the most absurd question ever asked on this forum.

Beer guzzling, tiny tee and bib, wing sauce smeared across their face,  arm chair reclining GMs of course.

Hungry Food GIF

• Haha 1

Such a conundrum……

Semper Fi

I trust my eye and the stats don't lie.

Such a conundrum……

Semper Fi

Do you in any wild stretch of the imagination think that any player or coach on the Jets is going to say that Zach Wilson or any other player on the roster is not up to the task ???

In this case, you'll at least get an honest assessment from fans, commentators, pundits, etc.

IMHO, this NE game is going to be exposing of the Jets QB issues. 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Do you in any wild stretch of the imagination think that any player or coach on the Jets is going to say that Zach Wilson or any other player on the roster is not up to the task ???

In this case, you'll at least get an honest assessment from fans, commentators, pundits, etc.

IMHO, this NE game is going to be exposing of the Jets QB issues. 

Every week is allegedly going to be the teams litmus test according to many on here.  Every week so far the team has passed said tests. So now the Pats will handle the exposé of Zach? 
this current Jets team is very different from teams of the past, this team is beating its opponents, beating the refs and beating adversity! You tell me the last Jets team that did this?  I’m going to argue all this so far is making them a tougher team and their best performance has yet to happen, but it will. 

Semper Fi

8 minutes ago, fastmover said:

Every week is allegedly going to be the teams litmus test according to many on here.  Every week so far the team has passed said tests. So now the Pats will handle the exposé of Zach? 

What test has ZW passed ??? They are winning in spite of very bad performance.