Bill Belichick not ready to commit to Pats QB: 'We just finished the game'

Clearly the Pats are in full-bore QB Controversy Mode at this point.  Feels like Bill wants to play Zappe, but can't (or thinks he can't) just dump Jones without justification.

Personally, I still like Mac Jones more than Wilson, despite the supposed higher upside of Wilson.  I think a QB like Jones is exactly what this offense needs, a high accuracy game manager a la Pennington.  JMO, and appreciated it isn't popular.

• Upvote 2

I was in the car for the first half and was getting texts about Zappe looking great.

Got home and was a little shocked to see a guy who seemed to throw the ball like my 8 year old.  It's amazing how the masses always fall in love with patriots back up qbs that NEVER pan out. Jimmy g is the closest and he's pretty horrible. 

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Clearly the Pats are in full-bore QB Controversy Mode at this point.  Feels like Bill wants to play Zappe, but can't (or thinks he can't) just dump Jones without justification.

Personally, I still like Mac Jones more than Wilson, despite the supposed higher upside of Wilson.  I think a QB like Jones is exactly what this offense needs, a high accuracy game manager a la Pennington.  JMO, and appreciated it isn't popular.

The offense needs a QB that can pass and pass well.  However, they would be much better off with a solid game manager like Mac Jones as apposed to a malfunctioning tennis ball machine on wheels like Zac Wilson.