Chris Simms sounds off on Jets fans

Jetlife33

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The NFL and NFL-adjacent media apparatus all watched the cut-ups from Jets-Broncos yesterday afternoon and Twitter blew up with “lol Zach Wilson” and “If the Jets had a quarterback…” tweets from every Ringer, ESPN, and The Athletic account. This was compounded by the NY media market finally watching a Jaguars and Bears game and seeing that Lawrence and Fields have talent. Simms is responding to those people.

does this mean you think a QB can get better?  I mean if your a stats guy looking at Fields game by game he was pretty dismal to start season...oh and last season.

24 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Now you’re doing your best warfish impersonation and making up this silly scenario of what if Zac throws 3, or five interceptions but they still win the game.

You guys are missing the point it’s sailing past your head the whole point is there haven’t been ANY interceptions hence the wins

YOU are missing the point actually. They are winning because they are running the ball and playing great defense. If they were counting on Zach to be productive to win those games they would be in trouble. He has no TO's because he isn't doing anything to push the ball upfield and throwing almost exclusively high percentage short passes. Why is this so hard for you to understand? 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

does this mean you think a QB can get better?  I mean if your a stats guy looking at Fields game by game he was pretty dismal to start season...oh and last season.

I’ve always thought Fields was unfairly maligned because he is the driver of that offense and he’s being asked to do everything, which is tough. What you’re seeing there isn’t Fields becoming a better passer, it’s that they said “**** it” and started doing what the Giants do with Daniel Jones. What we’ve seen with the Jets is them putting layers and layers of sh*t between Zach Wilson having to factor into wins and losses. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’ve always thought Fields was unfairly maligned because he is the driver of that offense and he’s being asked to do everything, which is tough. What you’re seeing there isn’t Fields becoming a better passer, it’s that they said “**** it” and started doing what the Giants do with Daniel Jones. What we’ve seen with the Jets is them putting layers and layers of sh*t between Zach Wilson having to factor into wins and losses. 

hmmm i dunno - i think it is more about who you playing each week

54 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

now they suck so yes it’s bound to happen you don’t need statistics you’re over analyzingYes exactly it’s bound to happen the problem is there’s a lot of young people on this site who really don’t know their ass from their elbow. They think Rome was built in a day they have been watching a football to know that things take time. We’ve been bitching at this site for years now for some loser Jets team they can’t win anything and I’ve been saying all along then that our glory days are bound to happen. And now it’s happening things are very very very different it’s not about Zac it’s about everything things are bound to happen the Bengals sucked they are good the Browns suck they are good the Patriots are a good now they suck so yes it’s bound to happen you don’t need statistics you’re over analyzing

Season 17 What GIF by America's Got Talent

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Who ******* cares... He looked like sh*t for 2 weeks against 2 very good pass defenses... He didn't need to throw too win... 

If belichick did this the whole community would be praising his ingenuity that he is adapting to opponents. 

Didn't Mac Jones (lover boy of some on here) throw 3 passes to beat the Bills last year...

The wind was bad in Denver, they got good pressure and he looked like sh*t... But they won. 

Wasn't this forum complaining all last year how they didn't adapt and game plan per opponent? 

Now they adapt and game plan and there is something else to complain about... Did they not put up 40 on Miami? Did they not have 2 huge TD drives in Pitt? 

Yes he didn't throw against packers and Denver... GREAT... it shows the coaching staff is paying attention and understands how to attack these defenses... 

Did Tua not just win only scoring 1 TD against that same steeler defense... Does he not have 2 of the best wrs in the nfl... And steelers should have had 4 picks that they out right dropped...

This bitching and moaning has to stop

No one is ripping Zach because MF decided to run more and throw less.  What people are pointing out is that when Zach does throw, he does a bad job.  Great defenses don’t make a QB consistently sail passes.  The QB does that on his own.

If people can’t be leery of Zach moving forward now, then you’re not allowed to complain if/when he lets us down in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He threw for 110 and 120 which is still considerably below what those teams allow. That's almost impossible to do in back to back games. I also don't think his passing production is going to change much facing NE and Buffalo. He's going to continue to get exposed for what he is which is a not very good QB. I really want to be wrong about this also. 

If these are L's, I'm right there with you. Plenty of young QB's throw for 250+ Yds, 2+ TD's and lose. 

Here's to hoping he proves himself when he's called upon to carry us across the line and go win us a game. 

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I mean, he’s not wrong.

That Denver defense was one week removed from making Justin Herbert look like Trent Dilfer.

Obviously Zach needs to clean up some things. Mainly the running around the pocket like a chicken with its head cut off as soon as pressure is applied.

If he could just calm down, I think many wouldn’t have such an issue with him.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

and didnt make mistakes and came away with the wins

Good point, but at the same  time when he is asked to do more it turns out poorly. Unless of course he has a nice pocket and gets in a rythym like at the end of the Steelers game. He simply hasn’t shown much of an ability to strive with a significant rush other than creatively keep from getting sacked and tossing the ball away. Obviously way better than throwing picks and much better than getting sacked but it’s hard to believe that’s always going to be enough. Yet, 4-0 in the last 4 is games undeniably pretty sweet. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Good point, but at the same  time when he is asked to do more it turns out poorly. Unless of course he has a nice pocket and gets in a rythym like at the end of the Steelers game. He simply hasn’t shown much of an ability to strive with a significant rush other than creatively keep from getting sacked and tossing the ball away. Obviously way better than throwing picks and much better than getting sacked but it’s hard to believe that’s always going to be enough. Yet, 4-0 in the last 4 is games undeniably pretty sweet. 

Can you please just make a single merged Zach Wilson thread? 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s a rhythm passer the way starks was a streaky shooter.  Lafleur needs to get him into that groove at the beginning of the game, quick passes, not slower plays that allow wilson to do his circus act.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

What a dipsh*t, just trying to double down on his asinine predraft takes after Fields just whipped the floor w/ BB and his D in Foxborough while Kellen Mond sits on a practice squad somewhere.

I'm stoked the Jets are 5-2 but Zach Wilson still needs to be play a sh*t ton better and stop doing pirouettes in the back field .

I've had a bad day, so I'm happy to unload on Chris Simms for its cathartic effect. Simms is a smug, arrogant douche whose trying desperately to hang on to his "reputation" as someone that is good at idenifying QB talent because he got lucky on 2 classes by picking the freakiest athletes in each class. 

His review of Wilson's performance vs GB is BS. His remark that he did not see Wilson miss any open receivers against Denver is a red herring because you can't tell that without looking at the all 22. Simms can kiss my a$$. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

When you realize that after 7 weeks of the season, Zach Wilson has the same number of TD passes.....as Braxton Berrios has after 1 pass attempt...

....and one less than Taylor Heinicke has after 1 start.

giphy.gif

Right about the time I wake up and realize Zach’s played in 4 games not 7.  Seriously I’m not going to give him shlt for leading the team to 5 TDS against the fins and all were re punched in on the ground.  A 60+ yard pass play to Hall gets shut down on the one and then Its run in or Berrios passes it to Zach and we’re complaining he doesn’t have a passing TD?  That’s why reading a stat sheet is the wrong way to rate play, there’s no context.  
It sounds like Simms is on to something 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Does it turn out poorly? When? 

3 hours ago, undertow said:

Gaslighting has become as American as apple pie.

haha.  the past few years, "gaslighting" has been used so frequently by pundits in the media, people are using it to describe speech that is not actually gaslighting.  For example, if a person tells a lie, the other accuses him/her of gaslighting.  I had to explain what gaslighting was to a few people including the origin of the term.  

2 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

GB 168 passing yds allowed per game

DEN 173 passing yds allowed per game

per ESPN 

Both tough games in historically hostile territory. No turnovers…

There will be a time when his number is called. Let’s see how he fares when the game dictates a passing game script. Not saying he will succeed I’m just waiting for a time to really be critical, and it’s not wins away from home with the top two passing defenses in the league. 

So Zach was 60 yards below average against both teams? That's still pretty crappy. The no INTs thing is nice, though, and it suggests that Zach can improve in things, as he started out as a rookie INT machine, and now he's avoiding those. I think he can be more accurate, he just needs to avoid what looks to me like overcorrection. He also needs to improve his footwork and get rid of his over-excitement. He also needs to fix his touch. These aren't things that can be easily fixed against tough passing defenses, but that's the NFL and he has to improve at some point. Hoping he does as the defenses get easier.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Does it turn out poorly? When? 

Just about every game he went out and tried to win last year. First game he played this year when he launched that ugly pick to end the first half.  It’s no secret he’s not good under pressure trying to make something happen other than avoiding  the sack and throwing ball away . He was amazing during the stretch against Pittsburgh when he had a clean pocket and got into a rythym. 

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

I think it's fair to be concerned about Wilson while still acknowledging that it's too early for him to be a lost cause. 

He needs to be better. I know we're playing an absolute gauntlet of pass defenses but he's gotta make it happen.

Well said.

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

haha.  the past few years, "gaslighting" has been used so frequently by pundits in the media, people are using it to describe speech that is not actually gaslighting.  For example, if a person tells a lie, the other accuses him/her of gaslighting.  I had to explain what gaslighting was to a few people including the origin of the term.  

When someone is trying to convince you Zach Wilson is playing the QB position well right now when he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off and missing guys by 5 feet that's the definition of gaslighting....or they could just be special.

• Upvote 2