Chris Simms sounds off on Jets fans

Jetlife33

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Be happy all you QB gurus.

4-0 that’s what matters.

you’d think we are 0-4 with him at the helm.

madone, you would think somebody’s dog died over here.

The two points aren’t mutually exclusive - I’m happy as fck they're 5-2 but have come to the realization that Zach stinks.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm not trying to be a dick

Nor am I honestly Jif, for serious. :) <----See, a smiley!  This is more a fun debate.

but you 100% track records w/ QB's, we say it all the time, Joe Flacco is 1-9 as Jets starter yadayada, this is like super duper common and like it was celebrated  when Brady broke Favre records for wins.  So it's a thing.

Oh aye, people track it.  My own favorite stat site, Pro Football Reference certainly does.

But the NFL does not.  And to the best of my google-fu, you will not find a W/L record for a QB anywhere in the Official (stress official here) stats on NFL.com.  Nor will you find rules on how wins are awarded, or who gets the "win" if one QB plays the first half and another plays the 2nd half.  The NFL isn't Baseball, where those rules are clear and published and easily google-able.

Wiki says this fwiw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_quarterback_wins_leaders#:~:text=In the NFL%2C the starting,57–13–1).

The following is a list of the top National Football League (NFL) quarterbacks in regular season wins. In the NFL, the starting quarterback is the only position that is credited with records of wins and losses.

Tom Brady holds the record for the most regular season wins with 246. Otto Graham holds the record for the highest winning percentage with a minimum of 50 starts at .814 (57–13–1).

Brady also holds the record for the most postseason wins with 35, and the record for combined wins in the regular season and postseason, with 281.

Wikipedia is incorrect.  You'll notice, they do not provide a source/reference link for that text/claim.  And their reference for each player's wins is to Pro Football Reference (see EditNote below).

Because there is no source.  Because Wins/Losses is not an official stat for QB's.

Like Sacks once were, it's something unofficially tracked/awarded by unofficial sources as they see fit.

I'll keep coming back to it, if Wins were a real official stat, we football obsessives would know right off the top of our heads who gets the win in my hypothetical one QB one half, one QB the 2nd half scenario, just like we all know who gets the Win in complex Baseball situations, who gets the Save, etc.

EDITNote:  Even Pro Football Reference does not track it as "Wins" and "Losses" like in Baseball.  They call it QBrec, and the description is "Team record in games started by this QB".

So as stated, Teddy Bridgewater "got a Loss" for starting vs. us and playing 1 play.  Skylar Thompson got nothing for playing the entire game, no loss.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He still did nothing and missed some receivers with poor throws on short and intermediate routes which NFL QB's should make. We are not talking about the 85 Bears here either. Green Bay is ranked 10th in pass defense I believe. They definitely have the reigns on him because they don't trust him to make the plays and not turn the ball over. What does that say about him? 

F28294E0-DAF7-4448-95C5-11AF1475FD1A.thumb.png.815c6c9c72eaaf158286ad2d0f196e4b.png

I have ESPN as having the same stat line.

That’s a tough ask for a qb in his 16th and  17th game. Not saying he needs to improve but let’s see him against a middle of the road team and maybe a negative game script before we write him off as not improving. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So he is only 80 yards per game below average?

GB 168 passing yds allowed per game

DEN 173 passing yds allowed per game

per ESPN 

Both tough games in historically hostile territory. No turnovers…

There will be a time when his number is called. Let’s see how he fares when the game dictates a passing game script. Not saying he will succeed I’m just waiting for a time to really be critical, and it’s not wins away from home with the top two passing defenses in the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Who ******* cares... He looked like sh*t for 2 weeks against 2 very good pass defenses... He didn't need to throw too win... 

If belichick did this the whole community would be praising his ingenuity that he is adapting to opponents. 

Didn't Mac Jones (lover boy of some on here) throw 3 passes to beat the Bills last year...

The wind was bad in Denver, they got good pressure and he looked like sh*t... But they won. 

Wasn't this forum complaining all last year how they didn't adapt and game plan per opponent? 

Now they adapt and game plan and there is something else to complain about... Did they not put up 40 on Miami? Did they not have 2 huge TD drives in Pitt? 

Yes he didn't throw against packers and Denver... GREAT... it shows the coaching staff is paying attention and understands how to attack these defenses... 

Did Tua not just win only scoring 1 TD against that same steeler defense... Does he not have 2 of the best wrs in the nfl... And steelers should have had 4 picks that they out right dropped...

This bitching and moaning has to stop

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

After watching the All 22 of the GB game I wasn’t nearly as down on Zach as I was watching the game as the receivers had a hard time getting open much of the game. Before watching thr All 22, I thought he had a bad game  I thought he had a decent game after watching it.

Zach really appears to have digressed in the Denver game though, poorer footwork, missing open receivers on throws and not seeing an open receivers.

If you notice on the replay, after Zach spun away from the free rusher, he could have thrown to the wide open receiver in the flat which would have been a spectacular play by itself. Instead he tried to spin away from another rusher and almost gave Denver a fumble-6. I wonder if he didn’t see the receiver or if he was trying to make a splash play to impress the next MILF. Either reason is concerning.

Agree.  I actually thought much of Zach's problem in Denver was the OL allowing too many free rushers in.  But when you look at some of the plays on the All-22, he missed a lot of chances and played very tentatively.  Also his footwork was awful suggesting he may need John Beck back to work on his fundamentals again.

Just now, peekskill68 said:

Agree.  I actually thought much of Zach's problem in Denver was the OL allowing too many free rushers in.  But when you look at some of the plays on the All-22, he missed a lot of chances and played very tentatively.  Also his footwork was awful suggesting he may need John Beck back to work on his fundamentals again.

And the wind was swirling... 40+ mile an hour gusts. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I welcome personal attacks as long as they are not personal.  

That is funny, it is like drama. Everyone says I hate drama. That is a load of crap. Everyone loves drama.

They just don't want it directed at them. They love OPD lol.

• Haha 1

Why does Simms have a wild hair up his ass about this?

Zachs first 2 passes were blatant misses of wide open receivers.  Hes sucked this year and its ok to say he's sucked.

Doesn't mean he still can't turn it around.  I think he's been awful but I  haven't given up hope.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Who ******* cares.

Clearly, many of us do.

.. He looked like sh*t for 2 weeks

Whiney hater do'in some hater aid hating!

This bitching and moaning has to stop

It will. 

As soon as Zach starts rising up the ranking and produces like an average NFL QB.

But be assured, if we start losing because Zach can't get it done without Hall or when the Defense isn't so stellar, the whining will only increase.

The one man who can silence the critics...is Zach.  

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Zachs first 2 passes were blatant misses of wide open receivers.  Hes sucked this year and its ok to say he's sucked.

Doesn't mean he still can't turn it around.  I think he's been awful but I  haven't given up hope.

40+ mile per hour gusts.. The Broncos kicker who never misses had trouble... The punts were wild...  But no that doesn't get considered

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

???? Ok Asshat I guess. Dude was unbelievably inaccurate.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No he wasn't. He was OK. He was 13/21 for 180 yards, 1/1, and was under a lot of pressure also. He also handled the pressure well by escaping it and making some big throws unlike Zach who likes to run back 30 yards and then throw the ball out of bounds. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

And the wind was swirling... 40+ mile an hour gusts. 

Didn't help but there were reasonably open basic throws that Zach wasn't willing to try.  I was originally thinking LaFleur called a bad game, but some of these plays broke beautifully and Zach simply wasn't willing to pull the trigger.  Mentally, in Denver, it seems he was playing more "anti-hero" ball, worrying about turnovers, than looking to make plays.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Clearly, many of us do.

Whiney hater do'in some hater aid hating!

It will. 

As soon as Zach starts rising up the ranking and produces like an average NFL QB.

But be assured, if we start losing because Zach can't get it done without Hall or when the Defense isn't so stellar, the whining will only increase.

The one man who can silence the critics...is Zach.  

Looking like sh*t against the 2 best ranked passing defenses and terrible in 40+ mile an hour wind means what exactly... The coaching staff had a plan on how to attack them that didn't involve the QB? 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, peekskill68 said:

Didn't help but there were reasonably open basic throws that Zach wasn't willing to try.  I was originally thinking LaFleur called a bad game, but some of these plays broke beautifully and Zach simply wasn't willing to pull the trigger.  Mentally, in Denver, it seems he was playing more "anti-hero" ball, worrying about turnovers, than looking to make plays.

Did you watch the kicking and punting... It was all over the place... It was tough conditions... And extremely loud too

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Looking like sh*t against the 2 best ranked passing defenses and terrible in 40+ mile an hour wind means what exactly... The coaching staff had a plan on how to attack them that didn't involve the QB? 

Zach consistently underperforms, and it shows in his production metrics and rankings quite clearly.  He's not an average QB who had two tough games, he is a consistent low producer, and his teams are winning primarily in spite of him, not because of him or his passing production.

End of the day, why are you so dedicated to countering a "Zach needs to improve and produce more" fan viewpoint/narrative?  Do you NOT want him to be better, to produce more?

What exactly is your fear here?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

F28294E0-DAF7-4448-95C5-11AF1475FD1A.thumb.png.815c6c9c72eaaf158286ad2d0f196e4b.png

I have ESPN as having the same stat line.

That’s a tough ask for a qb in his 16th and  17th game. Not saying he needs to improve but let’s see him against a middle of the road team and maybe a negative game script before we write him off as not improving. 

He threw for 110 and 120 which is still considerably below what those teams allow. That's almost impossible to do in back to back games. I also don't think his passing production is going to change much facing NE and Buffalo. He's going to continue to get exposed for what he is which is a not very good QB. I really want to be wrong about this also. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Zach consistently underperforms, and it shows in his production metrics quite clearly.  He's not an average QB who had two tough games, he is a consistent low producer, and his teams are winning primarily in spite of him, not because of him or his passing production.

End of the day, why are you so dedicated to countering a "Zach needs to improve and produce more" fan viewpoint/narrative?  Do you NOT want him to be better, to produce more?

What exactly is your fear here?

I agree but he looked good against Miami and against the steelers int he second half... He is getting there... To say that opponent and weather had no effect the last 2 weeks is niave 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, if the reverse also true?

If we lose the game, but Zach produced huge passing yards and many passing TD's, is that not good enough for you, because we lost, even if the loss is mostly due to the running game and defense?

Seems to me wins is a team stat, not a QB stat.

At almost all of the QB stats, Zach is amongst the lowest producing this year, same as last.

Let's take it to an extreme, if Zach goes 0 for 10, with 0 yards, 0 TD's, and 2 INT's, and is sacked 5 times, but the Jets win, is that still good enough and we shouldn't be critical of him?  We won, and no ones dog died, after all.

I would feel better with the win.

The loss wouldn't sting as bad though if Zach played lights out and were just beaten by a better team. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Notice how Simms glosses over Zach's wild throw across the field as he was about to step out or get sacked.   That one took me right back to Geno trying a behind the back throw as he's an inch from the ground on a sack.   We might have expected that dopiness from Zach in year one.   But now?   Shows me he's learned jack sh1t. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

This board has been repeating the 'wins' line for a few weeks now. With zero substitutions there are at least 25 different humans involved on the winning side. If and when he throws 1 TD and 3 INTs and yet we still win will we be giving him credit for wins there too? It's just so dishonest because this board has repeatedly over the years made the realistic observations on SB 'winning' QBs Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. If there's a weak link on this team it's Zach Wilson.

Also, the people eating up Simms' hyperbole of  'never seen anything like it' are being dishonest as well. sh*t happens with multiple fan bases every year. 

Now you’re doing your best warfish impersonation and making up this silly scenario of what if Zac throws 3, or five interceptions but they still win the game.

You guys are missing the point it’s sailing past your head the whole point is there haven’t been ANY interceptions hence the wins

57 minutes ago, jgb said:

“Bound to simply happen.” Lol. And I’ve been accused of “lazy analysis” for relying too much on data and statistics.

now they suck so yes it’s bound to happen you don’t need statistics you’re over analyzingYes exactly it’s bound to happen the problem is there’s a lot of young people on this site who really don’t know their ass from their elbow. They think Rome was built in a day they have been watching a football to know that things take time. We’ve been bitching at this site for years now for some loser Jets team they can’t win anything and I’ve been saying all along then that our glory days are bound to happen. And now it’s happening things are very very very different it’s not about Zac it’s about everything things are bound to happen the Bengals sucked they are good the Browns suck they are good the Patriots are a good now they suck so yes it’s bound to happen you don’t need statistics you’re over analyzing

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Nor am I honestly Jif, for serious. :) <----See, a smiley!  This is more a fun debate.

Oh aye, people track it.  My own favorite stat site, Pro Football Reference certainly does.

But the NFL does not.  And to the best of my google-fu, you will not find a W/L record for a QB anywhere in the Official (stress official here) stats on NFL.com.  Nor will you find rules on how wins are awarded, or who gets the "win" if one QB plays the first half and another plays the 2nd half.  The NFL isn't Baseball, where those rules are clear and published and easily google-able.

Wikipedia is incorrect.  You'll notice, they do not provide a source/reference link for that text/claim.  And their reference for each player's wins is to Pro Football Reference (see EditNote below).

Because there is no source.  Because Wins/Losses is not an official stat for QB's.

Like Sacks once were, it's something unofficially tracked/awarded by unofficial sources as they see fit.

I'll keep coming back to it, if Wins were a real official stat, we football obsessives would know right off the top of our heads who gets the win in my hypothetical one QB one half, one QB the 2nd half scenario, just like we all know who gets the Win in complex Baseball situations, who gets the Save, etc.

EDITNote:  Even Pro Football Reference does not track it as "Wins" and "Losses" like in Baseball.  They call it QBrec, and the description is "Team record in games started by this QB".

So as stated, Teddy Bridgewater "got a Loss" for starting vs. us and playing 1 play.  Skylar Thompson got nothing for playing the entire game, no loss.

Well all be damned but like, you watch games and they'll post stuff like for example; Brady is 5-0 vs. such and such team.  Like, this is super common.  Shocking it's not an official stat how casual QB's records are referenced.  Learn something new every day.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

now they suck so yes it’s bound to happen you don’t need statistics you’re over analyzingYes exactly it’s bound to happen the problem is there’s a lot of young people on this site who really don’t know their ass from their elbow. They think Rome was built in a day they have been watching a football to know that things take time. We’ve been bitching at this site for years now for some loser Jets team they can’t win anything and I’ve been saying all along then that our glory days are bound to happen. And now it’s happening things are very very very different it’s not about Zac it’s about everything things are bound to happen the Bengals sucked they are good the Browns suck they are good the Patriots are a good now they suck so yes it’s bound to happen you don’t need statistics you’re over analyzing

If it happens it won't be because of some cosmic force balancing good with bad.

34 minutes ago, Pac said:

The NFL and NFL-adjacent media apparatus all watched the cut-ups from Jets-Broncos yesterday afternoon and Twitter blew up with “lol Zach Wilson” and “If the Jets had a quarterback…” tweets from every Ringer, ESPN, and The Athletic account. This was compounded by the NY media market finally watching a Jaguars and Bears game and seeing that Lawrence and Fields have talent. Simms is responding to those people.

• Upvote 4