The Jets team that the Patriots will be facing this week are not the same Jets team from weeks 1-3.

Alka

41 minutes ago, Alka said:

The Jets team that started the season was a team that loved the individual players that were in the room, but did not believe that they could win.  They were a team that "hoped" to win.  The Jets were lucky to beat the Browns in week #2, as the odds were 99% against them at several moments in the game.  

Somehow, some way, they started believing that they could win, and like a snowball rolling downhill, turning into a boulder of snow, now believe that they are going to win every single game that they show up to.  And they are not so self absorbed to think that they can just show up.  They seem to love one another as a brotherhood in that locker room, and feed off of one another like a school of piranha.  

The Patriots have won 12 games in a row against these Jets, but the Jets that will show up to play, will be alien to what the Patriots expect to find.  I believe that the Patriots understand this, and the expectations of the past will not be the same as they enter MetLife stadium.

I actually believe that the Patriots subconsciously expect to lose this game.  This Jets team consciously expect to win this game.

It is because of these feelings that I think that the Jets will slaughter this Patriots team this week.  I am an emotional Jets fan, and usually when I feel this way I am dead wrong.  I still can't help believing it though.  The Jets will have to prove me wrong, because right now, I am floating on a cloud.  

A lot of posters this past week are dreading losing AVT and Breece Hall, and I get it.  But I believe that this team has come too far now to start worrying about losing individual players.  This group of players have become a team, a team of piranha fish, and together they will lean on one another to overcome the losses.  

BB will try to take away 2 things, the run game and force Zack to pass more, and what should be the best WR on the Jets GWilson. Then it comes down to Zack using probably mostly passing and non-descript plays to Berrios, Carter, Conklin, and maybe even Moore. If he gets enough out of that and the D holds the Pats in check perhaps even the STs outdoing the Pats and we should still win where we still are a very good 4 qtr team. We have to start now. now is the time, we have to beat the Pats since even with the losses just incurred we are the better tame and are at home. Our D is better than theirs and their O can be had as the Bears D showed. Good film for the Jets to watch there since it shows that both of the Pats 1A and 1B starting QBs can be forced into mistakes mainly since they are both young and inexperienced. So, is Zack, but he has been understanding and practicing to not make the mistakes of turnovers which seem to typically always turn the game and end it for the team making those errors. I knew in Denver once Rypien through that INT late in the game that that was it since it pretty much allowed the Jets to take advantage and burn clock along with getting another scoring drive towards the end.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Need 5 designed runs for Zach. The Bears did it and it worked. Fields had big runs and it kept the Pats defense honest. Need that threat to get our offense clicking!

Bingo!

It’s why the Bears gave BB fits last night, and why the Ravens always play them tough with Lamar under center, empower Zach to use his legs on this defense and so much will open up in the offense!

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Bingo!

It’s why the Bears gave BB fits last night, and why the Ravens always play them tough with Lamar under center, empower Zach to use his legs on this defense and so much will open up in the offense!

I worry about possible injury, but it's a good idea

13 hours ago, Alka said:

The Jets team that started the season was a team that loved the individual players that were in the room, but did not believe that they could win.  They were a team that "hoped" to win.  The Jets were lucky to beat the Browns in week #2, as the odds were 99% against them at several moments in the game.  

Somehow, some way, they started believing that they could win, and like a snowball rolling downhill, turning into a boulder of snow, now believe that they are going to win every single game that they show up to.  And they are not so self absorbed to think that they can just show up.  They seem to love one another as a brotherhood in that locker room, and feed off of one another like a school of piranha.  

The Patriots have won 12 games in a row against these Jets, but the Jets that will show up to play, will be alien to what the Patriots expect to find.  I believe that the Patriots understand this, and the expectations of the past will not be the same as they enter MetLife stadium.

I actually believe that the Patriots subconsciously expect to lose this game.  This Jets team consciously expect to win this game.

It is because of these feelings that I think that the Jets will slaughter this Patriots team this week.  I am an emotional Jets fan, and usually when I feel this way I am dead wrong.  I still can't help believing it though.  The Jets will have to prove me wrong, because right now, I am floating on a cloud.  

A lot of posters this past week are dreading losing AVT and Breece Hall, and I get it.  But I believe that this team has come too far now to start worrying about losing individual players.  This group of players have become a team, a team of piranha fish, and together they will lean on one another to overcome the losses.  

The D has to set the tone.  Making the Pats go 3 and out on their first drive would send a great message.  We have a physical  D. We have players that hit like trucks. We need them to impose there will on this team. If we do that, they will give the O a chance. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But the QB play is holding us back.

To be fair he has been a mix bag. I haven't made a decision either way, but he has faced some pretty good defensive teams the last two weeks. The OL hasn't given him much, but he has missed on some short passes. MLF is the person most responsible for holding this team back. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

To be fair he has been a mix bag. I haven't made a decision either way, but he has faced some pretty good defensive teams the last two weeks. The OL hasn't given him much, but he has missed on some short passes. MLF is the person most responsible for holding this team back. 

But to be fair, I’m not saying he hasn’t had his share of issues, his play hasn’t held us back.  He 4-0 after all, not 0-4 or even 1-3, 2-2,whatever.   They scored 24, 40 & 27 points against the Steelers, Dolphins and Packers before being held to 16 by the Broncos.  Which is what the Broncos do.  
I agree, MLF has had some terrible games and he’s also not been able to bring out and take advantage of Zach’s physical talents

13 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

BB will try to take away 2 things, the run game and force Zack to pass more, and what should be the best WR on the Jets GWilson. Then it comes down to Zack using probably mostly passing and non-descript plays to Berrios, Carter, Conklin, and maybe even Moore. If he gets enough out of that and the D holds the Pats in check perhaps even the STs outdoing the Pats and we should still win where we still are a very good 4 qtr team. We have to start now. now is the time, we have to beat the Pats since even with the losses just incurred we are the better tame and are at home. Our D is better than theirs and their O can be had as the Bears D showed. Good film for the Jets to watch there since it shows that both of the Pats 1A and 1B starting QBs can be forced into mistakes mainly since they are both young and inexperienced. So, is Zack, but he has been understanding and practicing to not make the mistakes of turnovers which seem to typically always turn the game and end it for the team making those errors. I knew in Denver once Rypien through that INT late in the game that that was it since it pretty much allowed the Jets to take advantage and burn clock along with getting another scoring drive towards the end.

BB is currently ranked 25th in run defense,  I'm not sure he can take away the run. 

BB is ranked 12th in pass defense which is a heck of a lot better than the #1 and #2 pass defenses we faced the last 2 weeks.

While I do think we will pass more,  I think part of it will be based on effective run offense. 

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But to be fair, I’m not saying he hasn’t had his share of issues, his play hasn’t held us back.  He 4-0 after all, not 0-4 or even 1-3, 2-2,whatever.   They scored 24, 40 & 27 points against the Steelers, Dolphins and Packers before being held to 16 by the Broncos.  Which is what the Broncos do.  
I agree, MLF has had some terrible games and he’s also not been able to bring out and take advantage of Zach’s physical talents

The windows have been tight the past two weeks, facing Alexander and Surtain in back to back weeks hasn't made that easier. That said, The passing attack falls on the shoulders of Zach, MLF and the receiving corp. They should all share the blame. MLF needs to get the QB and the receivers going, and enough of these slow developing plays. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I think it is also decision making. Zach is trying for the downfield  passes and skipping the short completions he can make. Did it on the first play against Denver. I really don't  know why guys like Simms feel this need to defend the guy. He simply is not playing well. It's  better than last season at least. His play isn't  embarrassing  anymore. 

14 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

BB will try to take away 2 things, the run game and force Zack to pass more, and what should be the best WR on the Jets GWilson.

This is what I expect as well. 

A concerted effort to stop the Jets now-diminished run game (due to the loss of Hall and AVT), combined with a stacked box and a "we dare you to try and let Zach Wilson beat us" scheme, looking to create turnovers in the passing game.

If the Pats cannot stop the run, their desire will be irrelevant, we'll likely play much the same as we have the last four weeks, heavy doses of run and defense and good punting/field position battling.

If they can stop the run and keep it bottled up, I don't know how things will go, but hopefully we can exert our will in the running game, and don't have to find out.

15 hours ago, Alka said:

Clapping Applause GIF

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I think it is also decision making. Zach is trying for the downfield  passes and skipping the short completions he can make. Did it on the first play against Denver. I really don't  know why guys like Simms feel this need to defend the guy. He simply is not playing well. It's  better than last season at least. His play isn't  embarrassing  anymore. 

If its decision making then that clearly falls on MLF. Remove it completely.

His play calling is all over the place. Play action is the best way to open the passing game but Zach spends 90% of the time in shotgun. Play design has been weak, plays are slow to develop and he puts too much pressure on the OL. 

12 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Bingo!

This. 

It’s one thing to try and protect Zach from Injury early.  But last year when he started to run is when he started playing better.  

If he gets hurt and was playing like he was, who really cares at this point.  

Let him go. He’s a groove QB, let him to get in one.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Alka said:

It changed when Zach Wilson who some here hate more than they like the Jets winning, led them to victory over Pittsburgh. 

I think people are truly understimating just how big of an accomplishment and confidence builder winning at Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Denver is. It is incredibly unlikely.

• Upvote 1