POLL: Sauce vs Breece

Sauce vs Breece  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Sauce vs Breece - who has had the better rookie season thus far?

• Sauce
    • Breece
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other question (because this never gets fixed)
  2. 2. Sauce vs Breece - who has had the bigger impact on the team winning thus far?

• Sauce
    • Breece
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other question (because this never gets fixed)

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Almost an impossible question to answer lol.

I’ll say sauce is having a better rookie year because CB is a harder position to come in and play at a high level. Sauce already looks like a top 5 CB

But ill say Breece had a bigger impact because he actually moves the chains and scores points. he was our best player on offense and with him gone I think a lot more weight will now be on ZW shoulders

This is exactly what I think as well.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is exactly what I think as well.

That’s also why I have wanted jets to draft a rb high the last few years. Breece was one of the first players that I wanted   The jets to draft and they actually did. 

Having a top 5 rb can be great for your offense. Definitely helps out a young qb.  I no that the position has been “devalued” but they still touch the ball 20 times a game, so to me it makes sense to have a really good one.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

That’s also why I have wanted jets to draft a rb high the last few years. Breece was one of the first players that I wanted   The jets to draft and they actually did. 

Having a top 5 rb can be great for your offense. Definitely helps out a young qb.  I no that the position has been “devalued” but they still touch the ball 20 times a game, so to me it makes sense to have a really good one.

I remember I was skeptical about Breece's speed when I watched his YouTube videos. He didn't look all that fast to me but I knew I was probably wrong because they said he ran a 4.39 in the 40.  He's just one of those smooth runners I guess.

Anyway, there were a handful of people on here who badly wanted us to draft Breece and he turned out to be a terrific draft pick.  It's svcks so much that he's out for the season.  

• Upvote 2

For future reference (if people look back at this). we're 5-2 right now and just beat Denver.  But we also got word that Breece is out for the year.  So let's compare Sauce and Breece while they've had the same number of games.

I could care less about the comparison, although I get it is fun to ask the question. Honestly, I see it as a wash. It’s mind blowing to me that in one draft we got an offensive AND defensive player that may very well be top 5 at their position (overall) in their rookie seasons. Add to that G. Wilson, Clemons, Johnson, and Mitchell. My God!!!
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For future reference (if people look back at this). we're 5-2 right now and just beat Denver.  But we also got word that Breece is out for the year.  So let's compare Sauce and Breece while they've had the same number of games.

WOW. Being a Jet fan is so complicated and reflective.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I’ll say sauce is having a better rookie year because CB is a harder position to come in and play at a high level. Sauce already looks like a top 5 CB

But ill say Breece had a bigger impact because he actually moves the chains and scores points. he was our best player on offense and with him gone I think a lot more weight will now be on ZW shoulders

I'm with a lot of your post. 

This question is a lot like asking if your engine or brakes are more important to your car. 

Unrelated but complimentary systems that both we always want to perform better. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Same here man.

Breece took a little while to get going and sauce has been pretty spectacular out of the gate but Breece has taken over games for us. His touchdown was a difference maker in Denver. 

It's pretty cool we get to have these discussions instead of who were gonna draft in October. 

• Upvote 3

It’s always easier to pick the guy with the ball making plays. Sauce plays such an important position, you often do not see the ball near him when he is locking down a receiver and the qb is left holding the ball longer and sack or pressure comes in. As it took fans some time to see the power of “ revis island “ Rex wouldn’t have been able to dial up all those fancy blitzes if he didn’t have revis back there locking down a star WR 1 on 1.

Breece is amazing versatile back though. Important because our young qb still has trouble finding the WR on deeper more complicated routes.. But I look at the trade value here, we just picked up a very good rb who is not a huge drop off, for only a conditional 6th. He may lack home run speed of Breece , but has more power and can still receive well. If sauce went down, we are not getting a corner anywhere close to sauce for a 5th rounder. 

• Upvote 1

Sauce has an effect on all levels of a defense. He locks down the primary on the secondary, giving options to other coverage. He allows more time for the line by giving them an extra tick to get the qb. He allows Linebackers to not have to range as much and provide other assignments.

Tell me what great affect Breece has had enabling the passing game more (other than catching a pass out of the backfield, which I admit is a thing)? 

Bottom line, having a shutdown gives the defense more options rather than having a great running game dictates to another defense.

Both great players and we are fortunate to have them, but a lock down cb is now a unicorn in this league and you force other teams to extra game plan away from them.

• Upvote 2

sauce is having the better year simply because the's out there on every defensive play and is keeping the other team's no. 1 receiver in check.  hall is more responsible for the wins because he has scored points.  it's hard to measure how many additional points the other team might have scored if sauce wasn't there.

Breece. He’s been our offense.

Sauce is having a good year, buts been part of an overall better unit with good play at many spots.

Cant really say that about the O other than maybe AVT. Without Breece, we’re likely 2-5 not 5-2. I don’t think that’s the case with Sauce.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Tell me what great affect Breece has had enabling the passing game more (other than catching a pass out of the backfield, which I admit is a thing)? 

In theory, a strong running game should open up options in the passing game, as opposing defenses stack the box to stop the run. There should be more open receivers, better results off play action etc.

In practice, we have not been able to truly exploit that. I don't want this to turn into a QB bashing thread, so I'm not going to theorise on why that is, just wanted to cover the theory vs. reality.

And for info, I voted Sauce on both counts, no disrespect to Breece in any way. Our D has been lights out and holding opponents to low scores ... which in turn supports a more run-heavy / pass-averse offense as we aren't needing to play catch-up football.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It took Breece a few games to hit it. Sauce hit it from game one. Breece has had a bigger influence  on games we won

15 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

This defense doesn't function without Sauce

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PorP said:

I'm with a lot of your post. 

This question is a lot like asking if your engine or brakes are more important to your car. 

Unrelated but complimentary systems that both we always want to perform better. 

have you not heard our new slogan?

"all gas NO brake".  

answers your question

• Haha 1