How The New York Jets TRUSTED Sauce Gardner In Crunch Time | Sabo's Session

jetsons

12 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

The Texans passing on Gardner is something the Jets would have done..............But didnt ?

I read earlier in the year that Stingley was playing well, but I haven't heard anything since then and haven't watched a lick of the Texans this year. 

But yea, Sauce was THE Corner to take. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I read earlier in the year that Stingley was playing well, but I haven't heard anything since then and haven't watched a lick of the Texans this year. 

But yea, Sauce was THE Corner to take. 

I hear Jake Asman (Daily Jets show on YouTube who covers the Texans for ESPN) talk about him from time to time. While Stingly seems to not be failing, Gardner is having the better season thus far

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

The Texans passing on Gardner is something the Jets would have done..............But didnt ?

I remember all the posters here that I fenced with over Sauce.  I was insisting on Sauce every step of the way.  I called him the best player in the draft while other brain trusts here were pulling for Thibs.

No, I don't always get it right, but I did this time.

In the 2023 draft, I want a QB.  I will be here to make my recommendation, so don't worry.  I know JD comes here for my insights :-) We'll get the right one ! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I remember all the posters here that I fenced with over Sauce.  I was insisting on Sauce every step of the way.  I called him the best player in the draft while other brain trusts here were pulling for Thibs.

No, I don't always get it right, but I did this time.

In the 2023 draft, I want a QB.  I will be here to make my recommendation, so don't worry.  I know JD comes here for my insights :-) We'll get the right one ! 

I loved Sauce as a prospect, the combine absolutly solidified it for me. However, I was in the group that leaned towards the idea of "we just signed CJ Reed and already have Bryce Hall." When we took Sauce I was not disappointed, just confused. Then when we took Garrett at 10 I was even more confused not drafting Edge help. Safe to say I am pleased at the initial results

• Upvote 1