When are the NYJ going to catch up with the rest of the league?

6 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I was hoping the complaining about stadiums and uniforms would take a pause while the Jets are actually winning.  Nope.

Round And Round Spinning GIF by Arrow Video

so dont complain about stadiums and uniforms. dont complain about the bad QB play. what do you what us to do, sit in a circle and sing love songs to the Jets.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

2024 is when the Jets can submit their notice of the opt out of MetLife. The stadium is a disaster and the announcement of the opt out and subsequent move to Queens / Long Island will be one of the biggest days in franchise history. A true home field advantage will be born and all will be right in the world 

wayward pines GIF

Woody's a Jersey guy.  Not happening unless he sells to a NYer

• WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

2024 is when the Jets can submit their notice of the opt out of MetLife. The stadium is a disaster and the announcement of the opt out and subsequent move to Queens / Long Island will be one of the biggest days in franchise history. A true home field advantage will be born and all will be right in the world 

wayward pines GIF

It was not a disaster for the Giants or Jets owners.  They made a lot of money while splitting costs.  That is all they care about.  I BADLY wanted the Manhattan west side stadium.  They could have made it exciting and sensational.  Light the thing up like Broadway. The Jets should have a very colorful, flashy and exciting stadium and not that vapid, gray POS.  It could also have been open air but with a rain parasol over the seats.  The best of both worlds. I love outdoor games regardless of how cold it gets, but I don't want to get pissed on. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

wayward pines GIF

From your mouth to God's ears .

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Could you maybe not poop talk the home field till at least AFTER I get to experience it for the first time first hand, please.

Aright, go ahead. Don't get expect a great time though! 

Jokes aside...the experience isn't terrible, it's just nothing special compared to other stadiums. I drove past Vegas' stadium and im just like holy sht that thing is beautiful. I want some sex appeal here!

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

When two teams compromise you get mediocrity and nothingness.  You don't anything innovative or bold.

That was the biggest problem.  The West Side Stadium as originally conceived would have been stellar, a true unique home field advantage.  I know all the concerns about it, tailgating, transit, etc. but the designs for that thing with an open end, the NYC skyline, etc. would have been epic and intimidating for opponents.  THAT was the opportunity, to get a home field advantage in football like MSG gives arena sports.

Yet, Dolan & Silver were the two who conspired to kill the deal!

• Upvote 1

I will probably get crushed for this but besides location (if you are in ny you prefer a stadium there and if you are in jersey you prefer the current location) what is the inftuation with the look of the stadium?

80% or more of Jet fans tailgate with many starting as early as 8am and getting into the stadium either at or within 5-10 minutes of gametime.

Once the game is over - it is rush to get out because if traffic. 

So even if the jets had this magnficent looking building with all of the latest and greatest feauture - other than looking at it when you go in or drive by, what does it get you?  

This is not a knock against the OP or anyone less for that matter but I simply don't get it.

This Sunday that place will be juiced - would it be even more if the place did not look like an AC unit? Would I be more hyped if it looked like SOFI? 

Most important - lets win Sunday.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I will probably get crushed for this but besides location (if you are in ny you prefer a stadium there and if you are in jersey you prefer the current location) what is the inftuation with the look of the stadium?

80% or more of Jet fans tailgate with many starting as early as 8am and getting into the stadium either at or within 5-10 minutes of gametime.

Once the game is over - it is rush to get out because if traffic. 

So even if the jets had this magnficent looking building with all of the latest and greatest feauture - other than looking at it when you go in or drive by, what does it get you?  

This is not a knock against the OP or anyone less for that matter but I simply don't get it.

This Sunday that place will be juiced - would it be even more if the place did not look like an AC unit? Would I be more hyped if it looked like SOFI? 

Most important - lets win Sunday.  

Yeah I agree besides the location who cares...you are at a football game there's no reason to be wandering around during the game like you might for a few innings during a baseball game.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

wayward pines GIF

Don’t they need a new stadium in place, or at least approval for a new stadium before opting out? 
They lose their leverage on both ends if the move is early.