Elijah --> Moore time in the slot.

Paradis

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

When you are 5'9 and don't have Tryeek Hill type speed, it just makes sense to run routes that take advantage of your quickness and burst; more often than not, that is playing the slot position.   Look at his college tape and you will see him used all over the field including end arounds, slants and even some go routes.  Of course in the pros the athletes are better and faster and he is not getting the separation he was getting in college when playing on the outside.   It just makes sense to play him where he can maximize his advantages over the defense.  I can't for the life of me understand why LaFleur hasn't used him more creatively.  

My point is that he was successful last year in exactly the same role he enjoyed success with last year.

Perhaps he would have more success inside but the coaches have to balance team needs vs individual success.   And how do you fault them for putting him right back where he did very well last year, and where he wanted to played well last year?

On 10/27/2022 at 11:51 AM, David Harris said:

I don't blame Lafeur for Moore's toxic immature behavior but apart from that, this is long overdue.  

GW may be better in the slot but Moore is a midget and has failed miserably on his 50/50 balls outside.

That's a key thing.  Wilson is really good at both spots but I've seen him track and fight for balls on the outside MUCH better than Moore does.  If you're trying to optimize the lineup (with no Davis) you put Wilson on the outside.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I think the reason they've been more Elijah outside vs Wilson is b/c Elijah is actually pretty good against press. You typically think of bigger guys being better off press but if you're quick/know what you're doing smaller guys (AB, Tyreek Hill) can get off of it just as much as a bigger WR. 

From Wilson's scouting report one of the things they said is he may struggle to beat press. I'm guessing they wanted Wilson more in the slot to start so he didn't need to add beating press to being a rookie WR, learning a new system, etc. 

Yep, totally can see that. 

20 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

A large part of the Problem IMO minus Elijah’s immaturity. Elijah simply isn’t a X reciever, esp at this stage in his career. GW has more experience on the boundary even if it may be tough for him to beat press man on the outside as a rook. If you can get Elijah going in the slot it would open up a lot more for this offense....

The problem that no one ever states is that Moore doesn’t run all if his routes with the same energy and the slot requires effort he hasn’t fully evidenced yet. 

Hopefully he will now…..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The problem that no one ever states is that Moore doesn’t run all if his routes with the same energy and the slot requires effort he hasn’t fully evidenced yet. 

Hopefully he will now…..

He’s put a spotlight on himself. Does he shine or wilt? If he’s the player he thinks he is, this should be a huge game for him with Davis and Breece out. Jets have to generate some offense from somewhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On this Elijah matter...

IMO what mattered most to him was getting good stats for his next contract.  Not a novelty among the players.  Many realize their next game could be their last game in a 100% injury sport.  But he couldn't keep that to himself and pretend otherwise.  On how "happy" he was with Jets winning three in a row.  Instead he swallowed the Cimini bait.  

He doesn't have anything to prove to me.  But he has everything he needs to prove to his teammates and CS.   

Wherever he's positioned...he has to give it up to the team.  Play his heart out...sell his routes when the play isn't called for him.  Block his ass off for the run game.  

This game for sure we'll see what he's made of.  Everyone is watching.

• Upvote 2

On 10/28/2022 at 4:38 PM, JetBlue said:

When you are 5'9 and don't have Tryeek Hill type speed, it just makes sense to run routes that take advantage of your quickness and burst; more often than not, that is playing the slot position.   Look at his college tape and you will see him used all over the field including end arounds, slants and even some go routes.  Of course in the pros the athletes are better and faster and he is not getting the separation he was getting in college when playing on the outside.   It just makes sense to play him where he can maximize his advantages over the defense.  I can't for the life of me understand why LaFleur hasn't used him more creatively.  

I agree, but Garrett is WR1 now and Zach cant get thru progressions without bailing of throwing dumpoff pass. Flacco had no issue getting to Moore on 2md/3rd route tree choice.

As Steve Young said , its all about reading 3-4 progressions laser fast, leading receivers to maximize YAC and using the pocket

• Upvote 1