What would you do if the Jets traded for Tom Brady at the deadline?

Maxman

putting the history and hatred aside for a second....

If we have issues protecting Zach and he literally has to pirouette away from the LOS every play to avoid sacks, what do you think happens with a 45 year old statue that gets progressively worse throwing under interior pressure? We already saw the offense with a 37 year old statue....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You guys are crazy if you wouldn't celebrate Brady becoming a NYJ.  The only reason he does that is to stick it to BB.  If the Jets won the SB with TB12, it would ruin him in the eyes of Pats' fans everywhere and be revenge on a scale 1000x greater than Revis winning a SB with the Pats.

I would love every second of it.

Except Brady has needed an all world OL to produce for the better part of a decade and news flash it ain’t here lol 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure about that.  Brady has always been the king of getting rid of the ball very quickly.  

Him getting the ball out quick has always helped his OL look better but when you have jailbreak in your face and notoriously don’t play well with interior pressure getting to you it’s a recipe for disaster. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Him getting the ball out quick has always helped his OL look better but when you have jailbreak in your face and notoriously don’t play well with interior pressure getting to you it’s a recipe for disaster. 

No QB is going to look great when it's a jailbreak.  But I think being able to diagnose a play very quickly (like Brady does) is certainly one way to overcome a porous OL.  

After throwing up in my mouth when the trade is announced, I'd prepare to watch this experiment fail miserably. He's struggling in TB this season because their OL is an injury-riddled mess and he's showing his age (his arm strength is alarmingly weaker).  What makes anyone think these issues would disappear here in front of a patchwork OL?   I'm not sure his arm holds up this season playing in an outdoor stadium in the Northeast.  And then what happens next season after he retires at the end of 2022? This is not a 1 year all-in win now Jets team. This is a young team built for long-term success.   I'd rather quit watching football than see Tom Brady's corpse in a Jets uniform.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Brady would be an immaculate fit in this offense and Zach Wilson would likely do better in Tampa throwing to those giant receivers. Brady is completing 66% with 9 TDs and 1 INT, with a 2.26 time to throw. The Jets would immediately jump into the Super Bowl conversation. Added bonus: Zach Wilson is possibly the most Tampa dude alive. 

• Upvote 1

The thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. 

Not as much as watching Zach pirouette for 8 seconds and nearly turning the ball over. 

He's not getting traded this year so its moot - but if ZW is what I unfortunately think he is I would absolutely bring Brady in next year for the minimum. He doesn't care about getting paid, he is now single and could be in NYC fn models, great weapons, OL will be better next year w/ AVT back + offseason, plus he can stick it to BB. 

If he plays next year and you have to predict which team he is most likely to play for I have a hard time coming up with three other franchises that I'd bet on over the Jets. Basically us, Tampa, and SF unless Tua completely sh*ts the bed over the next half of the year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

11 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

If anyone else were to start this topic they would be banned and the post locked

I guess the moral of the story is if you volunteer 20 hours a week for 18 years eventually you get to ask the tough questions lol.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Brady would be an immaculate fit in this offense and Zach Wilson would likely do better in Tampa throwing to those giant receivers. Brady is completing 66% with 9 TDs and 1 INT, with a 2.26 time to throw. The Jets would immediately jump into the Super Bowl conversation. Added bonus: Zach Wilson is possibly the most Tampa dude alive. 

I'm thinking Zach stays as a backup and learns under Tom for the next year and a half.

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

image.png

It would be an affront to all Jets fans.  It would be like hiring Bill Belicheck to coach the Jets, and then selling the Jets team to the owner of the the Patriots.  Then, let's bring in Tom Brady as our QB.  Then, we can just change the name of the team to "The New York Patriots."

Now, how great would that be?