Brady & Wife Divorce. 24 Hours of L’s

Vudu

Tom took a L last night against the Ravens & this morning took L #2 when his wife filed for divorce.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/28/report-tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-divorce-to-become-official-today/

The issue has been percolating since Tom Brady took an eleven-day break during training camp. It’s officially reaching a resolution today.

TMZ.com reports that Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady and his wife, Gisele Bundchen, have reached a settlement agreement regarding the dissolution of their marriage. Divorce documents will be filed today.

Per the report, the couple had been working with a mediator to negotiate terms as to child custody and property distribution. They’ve now reached a deal.

Brady has been the subject of intense speculation as to whether and to what extent the personal strife is affecting his on-field performance. Given that football fans, media, and gamblers spend so much time obsessing over every bump or bruise on a player’s body, anything that can limit the quality of play becomes a natural subject of concern.

It’s possible that the official termination of the marriage will reduce the overall stress and strain on Brady. Again, it feels weird to think and talk and write about these things. But it’s one of the basic realities of a player staying in football for so many years. Eventually, life issues that would play out post-retirement will happen during the player’s career.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Tom took a L last night against the Ravens & this morning took L #2 when his wife filed for divorce.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/28/report-tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-divorce-to-become-official-today/

The issue has been percolating since Tom Brady took an eleven-day break during training camp. It’s officially reaching a resolution today.

TMZ.com reports that Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady and his wife, Gisele Bundchen, have reached a settlement agreement regarding the dissolution of their marriage. Divorce documents will be filed today.

Per the report, the couple had been working with a mediator to negotiate terms as to child custody and property distribution. They’ve now reached a deal.

Brady has been the subject of intense speculation as to whether and to what extent the personal strife is affecting his on-field performance. Given that football fans, media, and gamblers spend so much time obsessing over every bump or bruise on a player’s body, anything that can limit the quality of play becomes a natural subject of concern.

It’s possible that the official termination of the marriage will reduce the overall stress and strain on Brady. Again, it feels weird to think and talk and write about these things. But it’s one of the basic realities of a player staying in football for so many years. Eventually, life issues that would play out post-retirement will happen during the player’s career.

anyone ever consider that brady actually wanted out to begin with ??? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He looks broken as a human being.

He really does - looks like he lost weight and overall does not have a healthy look about him

Agree with others divorce news is nothing to celebrate - yet I'll give it a month until pictures surface of both of them dating others.

Celebs are just a different animal.

Just now, Trotter said:

He really does - looks like he lost weight and overall does not have a healthy look about him

Agree with others divorce news is nothing to celebrate - yet I'll give it a month until pictures surface of both of them dating others.

Celebs are just a different animal.

Is he broken b/c of his marriage ending or b/c his team is losing and he may not make the playoffs ever again?

anyone ever consider that brady actually wanted out to begin with ??? 

If true, he wouldn’t be withering away like a skeleton, or having to be consoled hours after his other teammates left last night

Dude thought being Tom Brady made him immune from human things.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Is he broken b/c of his marriage ending or b/c his team is losing and he may not make the playoffs ever again?

Fair question but I would lean towards the issues at home affecting him on the field.

I hate the guy as much as anybody but I can also respect what he did on the field and how he carried himself as an athlete.

I have a hard time believing the Tom Brady of a few years ago would take off 11 days of camp or go to a Wedding the weekend of a game. That is simply not the DNA he showed for 20 years.

Who knows what is going on with him personally, but he just doesn't seem to have the same drive anymore. It is why it would not surprise me if he does not finish out the year especially with the losing record.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

If true, he wouldn’t be withering away like a skeleton, or having to be consoled hours after his other teammates left last night

Dude thought being Tom Brady made him immune from human things.

he could be dealing with a health issue or gone vegan.  who knows.   as far as being consoled, I wasnt there.  he could be mugging for the lawyers.  make it look like he is the victim and he's devastated.  she insisted on divorce because he would not abandon his employer so he gets more money.  wtf knows.  

he is tom brady.  he wont be upset for long.  he can now have a different flavor every night

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There are kids involve here.  This isnt funny.

Absolutely true - and in my undeducated best guess that is what is probably tearing him up more so than Giselle. To be fair though, he did leave a pregnant girlfriend to be with Giselle so he can't have it both ways.

As usual in both cases, not the kids fault 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gisele is aging like a saddlebag and they had a pre-nup signed and ready to go. I think Brady will land on his feet. 

He's going to be landing on/in more than his feet.  That's for damn sure.   Middle aged mega millionaire who was a star athlete?  Insane potential.  Tom B., just insist on a full battery of tests before each foray.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Fair question but I would lean towards the issues at home affecting him on the field.

I hate the guy as much as anybody but I can also respect what he did on the field and how he carried himself as an athlete.

I have a hard time believing the Tom Brady of a few years ago would take off 11 days of camp or go to a Wedding the weekend of a game. That is simply not the DNA he showed for 20 years.

Who knows what is going on with him personally, but he just doesn't seem to have the same drive anymore. It is why it would not surprise me if he does not finish out the year especially with the losing record.

he decided over those 11 days that one more year of football was worth breaking up the family.

or he wanted to break it up.

he seems off.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There are kids involve here.  This isnt funny.

Oh please divorce or not these kids have a better life than 99.9% of all the worlds children and BTW they may actually be happier without the rancor arguing disagreeing etc that the parents presently provide.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1