What Will It Take To Finally Trust Zach "The Enigma" Wilson?

I'm trying very hard to figure Zach Wilson out...

I like him, but I have a major problem...

I still don't trust him...

I can see that he has talent...

But he has me on the edge of my seat every time he drops back with the ball...

I can't recall watching a young QB where, instead of looking for superior skill, I'm looking for good judgement...

He'll have a steady quarter or two...

Then he will follow it up with a bunch of mind-numbing, stupid plays, where I ask myself "What was he thinking?"...

Can Zach just put together 4 quarters of solid football?...

• Sympathy 1

The same people who open threads about uniforms are the same people who, in my opinion, have a limited vision on our QB situation. I was never a Zach Wilson fan or apologist, but now that he is on the team, we have to put everything in balance. He has performed clutch-like in important games. He did not have a full preseason, which to some peopel I guess it does not matter, and last year he did not have a full season either. His athleticism has avoided us losing games by escaping sacks. And if I remember correctly, he is only in his 2nd year. 
So, what is the beef? the same people who want this or that uniform, also want, more than winning, have a Jet QB in their fantasy league. 

This is hilarious

I don't give a damn about the uniforms...never did. They can come on the field butt nekkid if they can win the danng game.

Zach has brought all the doubts on himself. Prior to his rookie year there was a lot more optimism, his play has warranted the concerns expressed profusely on these pages.

Oh, I don't play fantasy ball either. Never have.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Whether handing ball off, running for a first down, avoiding sacks and boneheaded plays passing when necessary Just doing what it takes to win. Could care less if he throws for 100 yards a game but they rush for 250 just win!! 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He needs to start showing something the next few weeks because Chris Simms is currently the only ally he has left in the media, and if they start losing games, Saleh is going to get mauled with questions about Zach Wilson. 

Yep.

Theres never been an easier time to play QB than now. It’s why scrubs, flunkees, and backups are doing just fine across the league the last 5-10 years. It becomes easy to overlook when you have a handful of active HOF caliber guys, but bad QBs have been able to bag 250 yards and 2 TDs routinely. It’s the turnovers that dictate wins vs. losses.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I can't recall watching a young QB where, instead of looking for superior skill, I'm looking for good judgement...

Then he will follow it up with a bunch of mind-numbing, stupid plays, where I ask myself "What was he thinking?"...

Most critics on this site need him to show 250 yds and 2 TDs a game... Game manager doesn't count... Conditions on the field don't count... Winning or losing don't count... They need him to be Tony Romo but clutch and win games not t Tony Romo but become a pumpkin in the 4th... 

At the moment he is close to Tim Tebow...  But he is doing what it takes to win so I couldn't care less how he looks... Just win... 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

He’s made progress in….

ball security 

avoiding sacks

changing or killing the play at the line

now I want to see ….,

let it go Zach ! Shoot the puck Barry !

look safeties off with his eyes 

run forward for first downs instead of in circles lol

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Which dropbacks? The 3-step, 7-step or 30-yard headless chicken?

that headless chicken dance needs to stop. maybe if it did more people would have  a little faith in him. also how about standing in the pocket for a second and try to make a play instead of doing the chicken run.

he could stop running backwards.

and make throws on target instead of making his WRs twisted sideways or dive to catch it. he is leaving a lot of YAC on the field.

thats all i ask. he cleans that up i would give him a 3rd year

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Its going to take a hell of a lot more than he's currently putting out , I mean his numbers are not that great but currently they don't have to be and he's not making mistakes to lose us games so there's that . keep in mind a mistake in any of those games could have cost us the game and he was under pressure whether self induced pressure or not its not leading to mistakes.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He needs to start showing something the next few weeks because Chris Simms is currently the only ally he has left in the media, and if they start losing games, Saleh is going to get mauled with questions about Zach Wilson. 

He does not need allies in the middle or with the fans - he just needs to convince JD and Saleh. Mac Jones had the world convinced he was a pro-bowl QB - now there is a QB controversy with a QB named Zappe.

The media thought we were going to start 0-4, dipsh*t thought 0-9; after winning 4 games, same dipsh*t doubled down. Who cares what these guys say. Every week winners move up the power rankings. Losers fall. Unless you are the Pats and get totally spanked at home by a bad team, than you stay the same. They don't matter.

It is great to have fan support, but JD, Saleh, and winning are all that matter.

• Sympathy 1