Jets Call Up QB Chris Streveler and OL Connor McDermott

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I wouldnt be surprised or upset if Strev starts the second half if ZW gives us his usual 1st. half of underwhelming results. This may be the kick in the rear he needs. Let the boy know this is a game with playoff implications and its time to produce or sit down.

I wouldn’t just be surprised, this is not, in anyway, why Strev was activated.

If he plays, we will see some Taysom Hill stuff. But who knows if that will even happen.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I wouldnt be surprised or upset if Strev starts the second half if ZW gives us his usual 1st. half of underwhelming results. This may be the kick in the rear he needs. Let the boy know this is a game with playoff implications and its time to produce or sit down.

Start Strev, put Zach in the fourth quarter, 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach wilson has been getting worse by the game.  In Denver, he was downright dreadful.  

The coaching staff isnt seeing growth and has decided to start pulling him for plays and put the Strev in.  I like it, but this situation is almost mark sanchez to a T.

Who was the starting QB in NOLA w Taysom Hill

Zach wilson has been getting worse by the game.  In Denver, he was downright dreadful.  

The coaching staff isnt seeing growth and has decided to start pulling him for plays and put the Strev in.  I like it, but this situation is almost mark sanchez to a T.

We are in trouble if we start hearing about red light, green light 1,2,3.

Is it Drew Brees to a T also?

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

I could obviously be wrong here but unless Zach pulls down his draws and takes a dump midfield or throws 3 or more INT I doubt we see the Stev in game as QB

but that is 1000% better odds than seeing someone like Mike Hof White in game so there is that (for the White haters :) ).

with that said and unpleasantness out of the way I think this is more of a reality pill for the neophyte QB as in don't **** up and throw INT like you did last time, listen to what we ******* say,  or your done and we don't care what your mommy ******* says,

(maybe I am giving more credit to coaching staff than I should be im a few balvenie in)

Flacco will still be the backup tomorrow. Strev will have some wildcat plays. hes not there to threaten Zach.

but imagine how bad Zach would look if Strev hits Moore on a 25 yd pass and Zach struggles and still cant find Moore. this place will go nuts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

Flacco will still be the backup tomorrow. Strev will have some wildcat plays. hes not there to threaten Zach.

but imagine how bad Zach would look if Strev hits Moore on a 25 yd pass and Zach struggles and still cant find Moore. this place will go nuts.

well lets not get ahead of ourselves I believe Stev needs Irvin for that kind of sh*t and they left him on PS

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If Zach gets benched, JiF is going to be that Homer Simpson gif where he backs into the bushes wearing a Zach Wilson jersey and comes out with a Justin Fields jersey

Yeah, look at JiF, trying to be positive and support the Jets starting QB, even though he's not the guy he wanted them to draft in the first place.

What a maroon.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

How can you be so certain of this? 

It's my strong opinion, in the same vein as most of the strong, worthless opinions on this or any other internet-online-state-your-opinion-anonomously-don't-let-anyone-know-your-identify-so-you-can-avoid-accountability-board. 

But let me breakdown why I'm (pretty) certain he was not activated to challenge Zach:

- Flacco or MWhite would be the first plan to replace Zach.

- If Flacco or MWhite seemed not fit, the team would have signed a FA by now. 

- Saleh has consistently stated he likes how Zach is progressing, how he didn't have much of an offseason, how he is doing things right, and how he is on the cusp of going from good to great. Saleh is giving him three years, he's stated that multiple times. 

- Strev runs a little (and only a smidgen) slower than Taysom Hill, he can play on specials just like hill, he has a big thick football body like hill, and he can be used in the same way. 

- Pats have struggled against running QBs this year. This adds another wrinkle to the run game after losing Breece Lightning.

Over half of the definitive opinions on here are total crap. Mine will pan out . . . I think. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

The way this CS protects ZW, I can't really see them letting Strev even attempt a pass.  

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Zach’s stats????

Three guys neg repped this post.  I wasn't being negative.

I am a Zach fan but to deny he is struggling and that the Jets staff is not concerned is simply denial. and those who neg repped a basically honest response are simply kool aid drinkers.  Streveler led the team in the pre-season and one could argue he has the chops to be the back up as the team has shown it has a solid D, solid Special teams and talent on offense but now with a weaker O-line.  We all want Zach to be successful but his play at times looks like school yard ball, he looks afraid at times, at times he looks great. 

7 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

This fanbase deserves misery 

Are you denying that Zach is in the middle of a brutal drought?  

Winning with this type QB play is simply unsustainable.

It will not help attract free agents in off season and has no long term benefits. 

Yes I love being 5-2 but  we need Zach to play better. Coaches and management know that.