Jump to content

Transition from Same Old Jets to a potentially Super Bowl Winning Jets starts with the Pats game


Fibonacci

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

It’s going to be a battle tomorrow. Pats won’t go down easy. We are a different team than last week. Same defense thank goodness but different offense. Not necessarily a worse offense just different. We got Robinson instead of Hall. We got Moore instead of Davis and we got someone at RT instead of AVT and we got Streveler threatening to make some plays if he gets in. LaFluer will conjure up something different that the Pats haven’t seen yet. Don’t turn the ball over and the Jets will win!

Pats will go down easier than Zack's mom on prom night ?

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s been a lot of conversation this year in NFL circles about the QBs who may’ve hung around a year too long -Brady, Rodgers, RWilson, Ryan- but I’m thinking Belichick maybe has, too. That team is in some disarray. Beli’s always been a dictator with a smaller staff, but this year he seems to’ve gone full Capt. Queeg. The offensive coaching experiment isn’t working. Both QBs have been exposed. Players are openly questioning(???) some of Beli’s moves. 
 
Dude still knows more than anyone else in the league, and he hates the Jets with an irrational passion, but I don’t think he’s the big bad wolf anymore. Players weren’t huge fans of the Belichick way when they were winning. It’s gotta be borderline intolerable when they’re losing. Losing to the Jets will be a massive blow to that team. The Jets need to get it done. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ECURB said:

First it was “beat Rodgers to prove not SOJ”

Not every week is a constant litmus test to prove they aren’t a team coached by Todd Bowles with none of those players even here.

“Best Rodgers to prove not SOJ”

”SOJ lose to Broncos”

”must beat pats to overcome demons”

this place will be a cess pool after a loss, like they are setting up every game for Armageddon if they lose 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have confidence in our D, the big question is the O. BB always seems to get into the heads of young QBs. With halloween tomorrow, the 'I am seeing ghosts out there' comment comes to mind. While I appreciate the next man up philosophy, the OL is really not in a good place. Until either Fant or Max comes out off of IR, this line is going to be worrisome. Worse is that we lost Davis and more importantly Breece. I am happy that the Strev as activated as NE has a problem with a mobile QB, but it is normally a mobile QB who can throw - at least the Jets are trying something...

Every year we use the we are unluckily injured excuse, but this year, the injuries on the OL may be the end of our very exciting season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

“Best Rodgers to prove not SOJ”

”SOJ lose to Broncos”

”must beat pats to overcome demons”

this place will be a cess pool after a loss, like they are setting up every game for Armageddon if they lose 

Ah yes, next up is the sojf mating call which is some variation of “I would be so happy to eat crow,” or “I can’t wait to be wrong.” It’s the effort of traumatized men to hedge their bets so they don’t appear weak to others. In their minds they appear smarter-somehow-for being “right” about the Jets after a loss, yet still allowing themselves happiness when the team wins. It’s all they’ve got left. They have to feel like they’ve won something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I have confidence in our D, the big question is the O. BB always seems to get into the heads of young QBs. With halloween tomorrow, the 'I am seeing ghosts out there' comment comes to mind. While I appreciate the next man up philosophy, the OL is really not in a good place. Until either Fant or Max comes out off of IR, this line is going to be worrisome. Worse is that we lost Davis and more importantly Breece. I am happy that the Strev as activated as NE has a problem with a mobile QB, but it is normally a mobile QB who can throw - at least the Jets are trying something...

Every year we use the we are unluckily injured excuse, but this year, the injuries on the OL may be the end of our very exciting season.

Well, hopefully Streveler is enough of a threat at passing if he gets in there to keep the D honest and allow for success in the plays he is in on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Ah yes, next up is the sojf mating call which is some variation of “I would be so happy to eat crow,” or “I can’t wait to be wrong.” It’s the effort of traumatized men to hedge their bets so they don’t appear weak to others. In their minds they appear smarter-somehow-for being “right” about the Jets after a loss, yet still allowing themselves happiness when the team wins. It’s all they’ve got left. They have to feel like they’ve won something.

I swear, it feels like some of you post 20x more about your pop psychology theories re:Jets Fans minds than you post about the actual Jets team, players or the NFL. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I swear, it feels like some of you post 20x more about your pop psychology theories re:Jets Fans minds than you post about the actual Jets team, players or the NFL. 

This is bs. I post plenty of pop-psychology theories about the actual jets team, players, or the nfl. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

First off, I will be at the game tomorrow. This is thanks to our moderator @Charlie Brown He did me such a solid favor that I couldn't even dream.  Thank you sir. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Now let's come to the Pats game. We have a new regime, a very promising GM and a not so bad HC. Our QB is still trying to find his footing in the NFL but his potential makes me hopeful. We are 5-2 in a season where we started against 4 AFC North teams followed by Packers and Broncos on the road. We came out of this brutal schedule with a record of 5-2. This is huge. It really doesn't fit the narrative of Same Old Jets, does it? Old Jets teams would probably start the season with either a 0-7 record or 2-5 at best. That being said, our next demon we have to deal with is Belichick's Pats. I firmly believe this game is the gateway for Jets to win a Superbowl in the next 5 years. If we win convincingly tomorrow, we will officially close the Same Old Jets era and start to write a new history after a 6-2 start in 2022. 

We already did a few things previous Jets teams couldn't accomplish. We won in Pittsburgh, we won in Denver and defeated the great Aaron Rodgers. Transition already started. Future is here. It is now up to our young players and inexperienced coaches to take the next step with a convincing win tomorrow. If we dominate the Pats and win, it will symbolically be our gateway to a bright new future where we can start dreaming about our 2nd Superbowl win. 

Tomorrow's game is more than a game. It is a statement game for the future. We have the players, we have the right GM, we seem to have the right coach. Can we win tomorrow? Heck yes we can. We have the potential to wipe the floor with these miserable little Pats. Will we win tomorrow? I don't know but I sure hope so. This is a statement game!

Go Jets! Take the next step. Send Belichick's Pats to the oblivion tomorrow and start our walk towards to next Lombardi trophy. We believe in you. 80K Jets faithful will be at Metlife tomorrow. Make us proud, send us to our homes with hope and pride. 

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

All I can say is give them Hell, my friend ----In the sporting sense of course!! :) 

image.png

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...