Veteran QB Next Year

PS17

Over the last 20 years I believe Stafford, Brady, Manning, and Brees are the guys who have won Super Bowls while not on rookie deals. If there’s someone of that caliber then by all means a vet. If not and it’s someone like Garoppolo - unless he’s very cheap - rookie deal just gives so much more margin for error with QB play.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

Over the last 20 years I believe Stafford, Brady, Manning, and Brees are the guys who have won Super Bowls while not on rookie deals. If there’s someone of that caliber then by all means a vet. If not and it’s someone like Garoppolo - unless he’s very cheap - rookie deal just gives so much more margin for error with QB play.

I think we’ll have too many wins to be in play for the top rookie QBs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

The team is ready to win now. Wilson is the worst QB in the league. I can’t see Joe Douglas standing pat with the current roster he’s built. Who do we go after this offseason? I doubt we’ll be in a position to draft one of the premier rookies and frankly I’m sick of going that route. My first thought is Aaron Rodgers because he and the Packers seem ready for a divorce. Someone in the game thread mentioned Jimmy G. What do you think? Who else could break free? 

Geno 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

I say veteran QB right now

Rodgers is probably a pipe dream, but a dude like Minshew could possibly be had.

This is 100% a playoff team with a solid gamemanager behind center who doesn’t constantly sh*t his britches and forget the basic fundamentals of the position at the first sign of pressure.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Thesilvermind said:

Tannehill might be available

Minshew

Tyrod Taylor

Mariotta

all would be massive upgrades over the Osmond

Swing for the fences. These guys all kinda stink. They’d be upgrades for sure but I want a real move, not a half measure.

• Upvote 1

As much as I hate Rodgers, I would not be totally against at least exploring that.
My number one target to go after?  Tyler Huntley the backup in Baltimore, if they commit to Lamar.

Realistically... how many years does rogers have after this one? Need at least 2 or 3 to make this work

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

The team is ready to win now. Wilson is the worst QB in the league. I can’t see Joe Douglas standing pat with the current roster he’s built. Who do we go after this offseason? I doubt we’ll be in a position to draft one of the premier rookies and frankly I’m sick of going that route. My first thought is Aaron Rodgers because he and the Packers seem ready for a divorce. Someone in the game thread mentioned Jimmy G. What do you think? Who else could break free? 

The 2023 draft will see no less than 7 QB's go in the first round  to early second.  Draft one of them but make sure there is a vet in place to run the offense for a season if the newly draft QB needs post graduate work until he is ready to play in NFL games.

In glad the ZW excuse makers are waking up at least. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Didnt I say Aaron Rodgers in the beginning of the year and get laughed at cause you know Zach needed a chance. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Thesilvermind said:

Who though?

They need to move quick before locker room revolts on Saleh

Wilson does not come across as a popular guy on sidelines

I’d start Mike White in the meantime. In the offseason go all in on landing a big fish. Aaron, Lamar, a trade up for Stroud or Young (less ideal), etc. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

The 2023 draft will see no less than 7 QB's go in the first round  to early second.  Draft one of them but make sure there is a vet in place to run the offense for a season if the newly draft QB needs post graduate work until he is ready to play in NFL games.

In glad the ZW excuse makers are waking up at least. 

I don’t want to draft another QB

this team is win now

we can’t develop QBs

my company sucked at starting up in new markets. we quit and started buying established businesses 

Same applies here. Let’s get a decent veteran and build the OLine

• Upvote 3