We needed this loss

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

Problem is everyone was good except for Zach. It's not like the entire team got humbled. Literally one person didn't get off the bus and ruined the game for everyone else. That's not the lesson they needed.

I think it is tho. The sooner they realize the Zach Wilson project is a over the better. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ultraJETfan said:

I think it is tho. The sooner they realize the Zach Wilson project is a over the better. 

So I'm thinking year 4 after they don't resign jd 

We're going to have to watch a ton of bad Zach wilson football until either jd gets fired or he gets hurt again 

7 minutes ago, A Jet from Oz said:

Let's not sugar coat this - this sucks bulldog balls.

But this team needed to face some adversity after a fun couple of weeks, where you could argue the Jets weren't all that good, and sans a couple of lucky breaks (lucky plays, backup QBs), probably wouldn't have been 5-3 heading into the Buffalo game.

Now we'll see what this team is really made of. If they can drop the mental baggage this loss will bring, and find a way to keep Buffalo close and at least look somewhat competitive, then we're a shot at the 5-7th seed. If not, then find a comfortable seat fellas - it's gonna get ugly.

At least our defense is fkn good.

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The game was lost when JFM selfishly pushed down Jones after taking 3 steps. That singular play ended the game. 

That will certainly be the argument of the reality-denying Zach fans this week.

The fact we still had the lead and an entire half left to go will be lost on such folks.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, I was going to say, if there was a lesson learned from this loss, its that it put away any doubt that Zach might be adequate enough to win with and now we know without a shadow of a doubt, we drafted another bust. 

hopefully they are now more willing to bench him soon. they cant make us lose the playoffs without trying another QB.

Flacco.... White...Strev... you.... i dont care who it is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So I'm thinking year 4 after they don't resign jd 

We're going to have to watch a ton of bad Zach wilson football until either jd gets fired or he gets hurt again 

I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt that they're not dumb, deaf and blind. They must realize they have a playoff caliber roster and a championship contender with competent QB play. 

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

hopefully they are now more willing to bench him soon. they cant make us lose the playoffs without trying another QB.

Flacco.... White...Strev... you.... i dont care who it is.

I just saw Saleh’s presser and he was left flat footed when asked “how do you balance waiting for Zach to develop and having a team that is seemingly ready now”.  He paused for a good 10 seconds, took a deep breath and started bull sh*tting about rallying around him.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

We didn’t need the loss.  I’d be happier if we won.  

The silver lining is it does open the much needed discourse on Zach.

So far Zach hasn’t earned a 3rd year, and has not earned the right to be the unquestioned starter of this team for the remainder of the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt that they're not dumb, deaf and blind. They must realize they have a playoff caliber roster and a championship contender with competent QB play. 

Still not sure what was so special about drafting Zach in the first place 

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The fact we still had the lead and an entire half left to go will be lost on such folks.

Yes Zach Wilson sucked but there is no denying that 1 play changed the game. !7-3 going into halftime would have been huge. 

28 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Problem is everyone was good except for Zach. It's not like the entire team got humbled. Literally one person didn't get off the bus and ruined the game for everyone else. That's not the lesson they needed.

This is 100% false. Special teams was horrible. Defense was horrible in the middle. JFM took away 7 points. Zach was bad, I agree....but everyone played bad. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not a "reality denying Zach fan". Wilson is terrible, no better than Darnold but that doesn't change the fact that JFM, for the 2nd time this year,  made a dumb ass play that cost the Jets. This time it cost them the game. All of the momentum changed after that play. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, A Jet from Oz said:

Let's not sugar coat this - this sucks bulldog balls.

But this team needed to face some adversity after a fun couple of weeks, where you could argue the Jets weren't all that good, and sans a couple of lucky breaks (lucky plays, backup QBs), probably wouldn't have been 5-3 heading into the Buffalo game.

Now we'll see what this team is really made of. If they can drop the mental baggage this loss will bring, and find a way to keep Buffalo close and at least look somewhat competitive, then we're a shot at the 5-7th seed. If not, then find a comfortable seat fellas - it's gonna get ugly.

At least our defense is fkn good.

This team came out flying on defense.  The offense players were playing hard.  

You could feel the life leave the team each time Wilson trotted out.

44 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Defense was good enough to win. 3 turnovers, 3 and outs, they are on the field way too long.  This is on the O.  Zach if i had to pick one player.  

48 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The game was lost when JFM selfishly pushed down Jones after taking 3 steps. That singular play ended the game.  Zach Wilson sucks, I know.  He needs to be replaced next week

That play wouldn't have happened if Zach didn't throw the pick before that.

• Upvote 2

No doubt in my mind JFM had a bad and costly penalty but with a competent QB we still win this game.  Zach Wilson lost us this game plain and simple.  Myself and a few others here have stated the obvious for a long time.  I hoped for a miracle turn around but I knew before the season started he was a bust.  You don’t earn any benefit of the doubt when you are bottom of the barrel in literally every QB metric there is.  

• Upvote 1

JFM says 'Helloooo'

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No, we need a QB.  That's it.  Anyone with a brain knew Zach was being hid behind our running game and defense.  The QB needs to be addressed or there will be more games like this this season.
I'm sure it will.be in the off season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk