LaFluer what are you doing!!

With Breece out, OC should have planned for more 2 TE sets.  Force the run and wear the D down.  I also think Ty Johnson should have complimented Michael Carter more today than the new RB who just arrived and doesnt even know the play book.   Elijah Moore & Berrios non factors. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Where was the run!!!

What are you doing?  A poor poor offensive game plan!

What a joke!!

No, stop.

Zach missed a TON of basic short, check-downs by throwing it in the dirt. Given MC is the lead back, this is a key was if augmenting the rush attack. The plays were there. Zach is horribly inaccurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

No, stop.

Zach missed a TON of basic short, check-downs by throwing it in the dirt. Given MC is the lead back, this is a key was if augmenting the rush attack. The plays were there. Zach is horribly inaccurate.

Ummmmm two things can be true at the same time my friend ------ Zach Wilson could miss throws AND the Jets should have run the ball more.

Both are true IMO...

The constant passing with the score as it was bespoke of desperation to me and it infected the team dynamic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmm two things can be true at the same time my friend ------ Zach Wilson could miss throws AND the Jets should have run the ball more.

Both are true IMO...

The constant passing with the score as it was bespoke of desperation to me and it infected the team dynamic. 

No, the only thing that happened is that Zach missed a ton of layups. The coaches schemedcut well for what the Pats were doing on offense - which is why we ripped them at some points. It was 100% about how Zach executed.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, the only thing that happened is that Zach missed a ton of layups. The coaches schemedcut well for what the Pats were doing on offense - which is why we ripped them at some points. It was 100% about how Zach executed.

We just disagree I think that they, the Jets needed more balance.  Also, LeFleur designed no short passes to either their WRs or RB and had the offense flowing away from his check downs.  I just don't think that having Zach drop and improvise to pass is the way to go.

Finally, if Zach Wilson is sucking as you are intimating then having him drop back and pass 41 times is doubly unexplainable, when as here he is completing less than 50% of his passes.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

We just disagree I think that they, the Jets needed more balance.  Also, LeFleur designed no short passes to either their WRs or RB and had the offense flowing away from his check downs.  I just don't think that having Zach drop and improvise to pass is the way to go.

Finally, if Zach Wilson is sucking as you are intimating then having him drop back and pass 41 times is doubly unexplainable, when as here he is completing less than 50% of his passes.

You’re working way to hard to blame shift.

41 drop backs is fine, if you consider how many were designed dumpoffs to RB. Problem is he didn’t hit his throws. Teams have done this to augment the run for years. MC is not a hammer, we don’t have personnel to pound the ball. So, you attack the edges with RB passes… but, you can’t throw them in the dirt. Talk about morale killers.

• Upvote 1

The moment Breece Hall went down, this game fell on Zach Wilson's shoulders.  The prior 4 weeks he was carried to wins by the rest of the team.  It was time for him to lead the team to a W, at home, against a NE team this franchise hadn't beaten since 2015.

He not only fell short of expectations, he was the # 1 reason for the loss by far.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The moment Breece Hall went down, this game fell on Zach Wilson's shoulders.  The prior 4 weeks he was carried to wins by the rest of the team.  It was time for him to lead the team to a W, at home, against a NE team this franchise hadn't beaten since 2015.

He not only fell short of expectations, he was the # 1 reason for the loss by far.  

A New England team at it's nadir, as weak and feckless a Pats team as we've seen in over two decades.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, stop.

I'm not sure there was a 'ton' of basic short throws that were missed (there was some). I cringed seeing open guys not even getting a look though... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why there were no deep shots to mimsy is mind boggling.  Take advantage of the qbs big arm and a 6’3 receiver w/ 4.3 speed.  Gutless play calling.

I was at game.  There was a huge play where zack rolled right and threw the pass that was caught with one  knee out of bounds and still called an INT.   In that play Mims was breaking wide open down the right sideline and Zach didn’t see him.  His field vision sucks.   Waking o after that play Mims was cool but Garrett Wilson was demonstrably pissed off.  Obviously they feel this too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

My problem with Lafleur is not necessarily the play calling. The entire planet knows that, when pressured, zach stinks. 

Ok, what are you doing to help the situation?

When there's pressure, are there no hot reads?

When zach starts scrambling, are the recievers not conditioned to work back to him?

Where is the screen game to help beat pressure?

Why is zach not mentally conditioned to run forward and get a few yards when pressured?

I don't think MLF is doing a good job trying to hone in on zachs weaknesses and instead just expects him to run the offense like a 10 year star.

• Upvote 3

The Patriots were selling out for the run bc Wilson sucks. It's literally the same game plan they've used against us for 10 years bc the Jets QB's suck. 

And yet the Jets had an average of 3.4 yards per carry.

If you want to excuse MLF, go right ahead. The offense ineptitude and failure to finish drives falls on his play calling, from my point of view.

They ran the ball 15 times all day. If I’m JD, I would tell Robert Saleh that his OC better start producing.
  • Upvote 2

LaFleur definitely deserves some blame here. Every week it's the same nonsense where the team doesn't seem to compete for all four quarters and the only sense of urgency is during the fourth quarter when the team tries to comeback and win at the last minute. If the QB is the issue, the OC definitely should not expect the problematic QB to bail out the game in the last few minutes. 

Zach's performance was dreadful and made far worse by lousy blocking. There's He's panicked out there and that makes his decision-making worse. He desperately needs help with development. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

And yet the Jets had an average of 3.4 yards per carry.

If you want to excuse MLF, go right ahead. The offense ineptitude and failure to finish drives falls on his play calling, from my point of view.

They ran the ball 15 times all day. If I’m JD, I would tell Robert Saleh that his OC better start producing.

I'm not making excuses for him. 3.4 ypc is awful btw. The Jets running game is going to be non existent with the loss of Hall bc the defense is going to force Wilson to beat them. Until he can prove that he can, the Jets won't be able to run the ball consistently. Teams know if you give ZW enough opportunities he will eventually make a mistake. The Jets coaching staff knows that as well and that's why they've been hiding him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Where was the run!!!

What are you doing?  A poor poor offensive game plan!

What a joke!!

Soooo much I didn't understand from this game...

Fields demonstrated that the QB running the ball can throw New England's D out of sync... And I'm not sure I saw that happen once (and it doesn't need to be designed play... If there's pressure, run!!).

I don't remember how many times we were on third and short (like 2 yards or less), and he kept throwing the ball... And Zach kept missing... Like, WHY?!?!?

And why elevate Streveler to not use him?!

Ugh...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Soooo much I didn't understand from this game...

Fields demonstrated that the QB running the ball can throw New England's D out of sync... And I'm not sure I saw that happen once (and it doesn't need to be designed play... If there's pressure, run!!).

I don't remember how many times we were on third and short (like 2 yards or less), and he kept throwing the ball... And Zach kept missing... Like, WHY?!?!?

And why elevate Streveler to not use him?!

Ugh...

It's hard to run when the QB never steps up into the pocket and instead drifts to the sideline. And they're passing the ball on short downs bc that's what the defense is giving them. They're daring the Jets to let Wilson throw bc it works. Otherwise you're running into an 8 man box with 2 yards to go. They can't keep protecting Wilson, he's either the guy or he's not. You're better off finding out now before it's really too late. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's hard to run when the QB never steps up into the pocket and instead drifts to the sideline. And they're passing the ball on short downs bc that's what the defense is giving them. They're daring the Jets to let Wilson throw bc it works. Otherwise you're running into an 8 man box with 2 yards to go. They can't keep protecting Wilson, he's either the guy or he's not. You're better off finding out now before it's really too late. 

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Let me respond with this: how many offenses will consistently refuse to run on 3rd and 1 because they 'want to see what they've got'. Sometimes, you just need to put your jumbo package out there and run it down their throats.

If the D is giving you short passes and you miss consistently, you need to find a new approach. Put in Streveler on third and 2 and see if he can throw the ball 2 yards... And as an added bonus, having Strev in means that the D is expecting run.

Do something... ANYTHING... This was just bad... The last 4-5 games we've seen this play out and they miss on these consistently.

• Upvote 1