LaFluer what are you doing!!

I'm not making excuses for him. 3.4 ypc is awful btw. The Jets running game is going to be non existent with the loss of Hall bc the defense is going to force Wilson to beat them. Until he can prove that he can, the Jets won't be able to run the ball consistently. Teams know if you give ZW enough opportunities he will eventually make a mistake. The Jets coaching staff knows that as well and that's why they've been hiding him. 

3.4 yards times 3 downs is 10.2 yards and a 1st down. Zach wasn’t good, but abandoning the run is just plain stupid.
#funwithmath
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

3 picks, including two teerrrrrrrrrible decisions, and you blame LaFleur? Are you nuts?

More than one statement can be true at the same time.

* Play calling in certain cases was baffling.
* Zach threw terrible interceptions.

Tada!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re working way to hard to blame shift.

41 drop backs is fine, if you consider how many were designed dumpoffs to RB. Problem is he didn’t hit his throws. Teams have done this to augment the run for years. MC is not a hammer, we don’t have personnel to pound the ball. So, you attack the edges with RB passes… but, you can’t throw them in the dirt. Talk about morale killers.

You mistake my thread...

I AM NOT DEFENDING ZACH WILSON!!!

I wanted Minshew in here in case Zach didn't develop so I was/am not sold on Wilson and am not a part of the "Zach Wilson "no matter what crowd."

I mention the running as just one point; also no Moore plays????

What are we, ie. the OC doing????

But don't confuse my point, Wilson was awful and he was the primary reason why the Jets lost this game and I don't think any sane fan would debate that!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

3.4 yards times 3 downs is 10.2 yards and a 1st down. Zach wasn’t good, but abandoning the run is just plain stupid.
#funwithmath

The Rams are 31st in rushing yards per attempt at 3.4 ypc and you think that's good??? Is this your first year watching football?

Zach was terrible, no question about that. But LaFleur looks completely overmatched against any team with a good defense.

For a team that says they want to run the ball, he gives up on it way too early. And I don't see a lot of imagination in his play calling.

Did they call any pass plays for someone other than Conklin or Wilson before the fourth quarter?  I sure don 't remember many. Not that Zach could have hit them anyway.

Right now, I have grave doubts about Zach. But I'm beginning to question whether any QB could succeed with this moron as a coach.

Zach was not good today but MLF offense ran the ball 15 times and dropbacked 43 times. Why? If Zach was struggling, especially against pressure, why keep passing?

Zach will have a longer rope to find out if has what it takes to be a NFL QB than MLF will as a NFL OC.

MLF has never established the run besides a handful of long runs.

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Zach was not good today but MLF offense ran the ball 15 times and dropbacked 43 times. Why? If Zach was struggling, especially against pressure, why keep passing?

Zach will have a longer rope to find out if has what it takes to be a NFL QB than MLF will as a NFL OC.

MLF has never established the run besides a handful of long runs.

LeFleur is in a tough spot. Try and establish a run game without Hall and Vera Tucker. Or go against his own natural instincts to try and develop Wilson. Knowing that if fails in the latter, his dream of becoming a head coach in the NFL will be greatly diminished. Joe Brady was a hot ticket for a while there until Darnold began to stink the place out in Carolina. 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Zach sucked today, but he threw for 350 yards like everyone was dreaming of.

I can't believe we didn't have a single designed QB run after watching that kill the pats last week. That's not an excuse for Zach. It's just, wtf.

Zach had chances to run, then he decided to go sideways and backwards.