The disease

40 minutes ago, hawk said:

I sure got the vibe in his presser that he was passing on blame, even though he said he had to be better.  Quite a few comments.  

I didn’t catch the presser but I saw someone’s interpretation was that he acknowledged the second and third picks were bad plays…the first one wasn’t?

Just now, derp said:

I didn’t catch the presser but I saw someone’s interpretation was that he acknowledged the second and third picks were bad plays…the first one wasn’t?

I re listened and I was wrong.  I heard a comment about being frustrated when rolling out and nothing was there.  Set the tone for me.

He actually had a great personality for NY media, and he put the mistakes on him.  

I was wrong.

He still is God awful, but I was wrong on the interview 

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m old enough to remember when only a few of us were infected with “the disease”. Despite the win streak, we tried warning the rest of you. We told you that Zach was being hidden by LaFleur on purpose, and that we were winning despite his presence on the field. We challenged you to rattle off just 1 time in his entire career where he looked like a FQB for an entire game - or at least for most of one. We absorbed downvotes and insults week after week. We told you not to get caught up in being a fanboy- and instead to root for the laundry. We asked you to open your eyes to see how good this team really is in terms of both talent and coaching - and begged you to be honest with yourselves about the fact that Zach was holding us back. 

You didn’t want to hear it. I get it. It’s passion. It’s heart. It’s your version of bleeding green. Except you kept calling us diseased. Week after week, we were referred to as diseased people.

Today, with so many new infections, I hope we can finally stop with “the disease”.

I was called a C word twice last week. Nary a peep from the powers that be. Might as well face it — the rules are applied differently depending on if you seen as “positive” or “negative.”

Oddly, I’m one of the most positive people on the board. With an average QB this team makes a run. Doesn’t get much more positive than that but for whatever reason this board’s version of “positive” starts and ends with how one’s feels about the QB which is really silly. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

This post is fine but it has one major flaw. You were giving up on the guy way way way way too early. You could spinet anyway you like but you don’t draft the guy with your second pic of a draft and then give up on him with what?  Has it been a total of 16 starts so far? Sorry but that’s not how you play football and evaluate your guys. And please don’t try to make it sound like you’re some incredible visionary on this board that knew from day one that he was going to suck

No, I was not giving up on him. I challenge you to find one post in my history where I said that. I have simply pointed out consistently that he needed to improve significantly, and that his “progress” or “development” was greatly exaggerated around here. I posted stats from websites and gifs from others to back my points up. I also expressed heartfelt feelings of hope that he would turn it around. But I got called diseased (amongst other things) and downvoted to oblivion. Look it up before you make a ridiculous post like this and assume so much.

Doesn’t take a visionary to see that Zach has always been worse than his JN reputation.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

No, I was not giving up on him. I challenge you to find one post in my history where I said that. I have simply pointed out consistently that he needed to improve significantly, and that his “progress” or “development” was greatly exaggerated around here. I posted stats from websites and gifs from others to back my points up. I also expressed heartfelt feelings of hope that he would turn it around. But I got called diseased (amongst other things) and downvoted to oblivion. Look it up before you make a ridiculous post like this and assume so much.

Doesn’t take a visionary to see that Zach has always been worse than his JN reputation.

I never said u said anything. Just saying anyone that thinks they van evaluate a qb prospect that was the #2 pick in his rookie year is kidding himself.

fields, sam, trevor, mayfield, mac all these guys got at least 2 full years. No coach gives up that fast pappi it would be negligent

49 minutes ago, jgb said:

I was called a C word twice last week. Nary a peep from the powers that be. Might as well face it — the rules are applied differently depending on if you seen as “positive” or “negative.”

Oddly, I’m one of the most positive people on the board. With an average QB this team makes a run. Doesn’t get much more positive than that but for whatever reason this board’s version of “positive” starts and ends with how one’s feels about the QB which is really silly. 

It’s really weird. Bunch of old men fawning over a terrible Zach Wilson and probably beating off to him while crying since they finally have to accept that he is a train wreck. 

• Haha 1