The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

10 minutes ago, Mario said:

Imagine that you bought a concert ticket a few weeks ago for $50. On the day of the concert, you feel sick and it’s raining outside. You know that traffic will be worse because of the rain and that you risk getting sicker by going to the concert. Although it seems as though the current drawbacks outweigh the benefits, why are you still likely to choose to go to the concert?

The Sunk Cost Fallacy.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I posted a thread saying that Wilson is the worst Jets starting QB in HISTORY, then I went over to the NFL History site and traced every Jets starter since the 1968 season when I started watching them and listed all the stats and players, came back and the thread was gone. The only player after all the research that gives Wilson any competition is perhaps Geno Smith's rookie year bur his numbers were better too but not by much. From Namath-to Woodall, to Todd, to O'Brien to Esiason/O'Donnell/Vinny-Chad-Favre,Sanchez/Geno Fitz there has never been a worse Jets starter ever.

Damn even Brooks Bollinger? ??

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

Zach has the 1st half of the buffalo game to play better or hes getting benched.  The coaching staff has already started preparing for it with the qb movement this week w/ white and streveler.

The coaches are telling you whats coming and the OP is thinks they are rolling with zach no matter what.

Pay attention dude!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, maury77 said:

No Zach, your first pick sucked too because you threw it with awful mechanics because you were scared of getting hit. 

Someone ought to wipe than stupid grin off his face.  Nothing to be upbeat about after that abortion of a performance.  There were receivers open short and long that he never saw because he stuck with option 1 too long. When option 1 was open he more often than not made a good pass.  But when it wasn’t he panicked.  Once NE figured that out, he was toast.  Then he compounded it with throwing INTs even when he was throwing the ball away!  I anticipate he’ll be on the bench by the second half next week either due to injury or incompetence.  Either way, I fear we’ve already experienced the upside of our season.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, maury77 said:

No Zach, your first pick sucked too because you threw it with awful mechanics because you were scared of getting hit. 

This 

And did you notice the part where the clown said:

“it’s gets old rolling out and nothings there”

LMAOOO LIKE WTF?!?!?

ITS THE WR’s FAULT NOW YOU WANT TO PLAY BALLERINA AND NOT FOOTBALL??!?!??

• Upvote 2

Question is, how long does this regime stick with Wilson?  Would pulling the plug on Wilson be an implication that they were wrong?  Their jobs hinge on wins and losses.  Would pulling the plug on Wilson give the more time or qpuld there be more of a sense of urgency to win now?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Even I don’t think he’s been all that bad this game lol

That's the issue with flashes. I loved a couple of the throws to Wilson. I liked a lot of the throws to Conklin as well. But the three INTs were terrible... And he's still missing too many passes. And when the pressures there, he couldn't even throw the ball away properly. That's not 'well he's only 18 games in' type of stuff. If, when under pressure, you're trying to throw the ball out of bounds and you miss, which leads to an INT you need to be benched (my other fear is that he wasn't aiming for out of bounds, he was actually trying to complete a pass and was WAY off).

The pass pro wasn't perfect (that missed block by Carter was a bit rough), and unblocked rushers need to stop... But he's also running into defenders, which is very confusing.

Just... Ugh... He's like Brett Favre without the results.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson’s left-side throwing issue continues unabated. 

45CF23C0-4D9D-417B-8A79-AA23AD24D4BF.jpeg

I've always found this odd. Typically right handed quarterbacks are supposed to be better throwing to the left as opposed to right. It was one of the main concerns with Lamar Jackson pre-draft. 

why really pissed me off the most today was he showed no leadership, there was no fire, where was the yelling at people like that A-hole in Tampa does when it isn't going right and he doesn't like it BECAUSE HE HATES TO LOSE? There was none of that. Where was the hurry-up offense? It was like they didn't THINK they could win. While the Defense played their hearts out to the very end and Zachie in his cute little headband play in fear, he could have run for that 1st down

• Upvote 1

Look, let's take away all our snark and disbelief.  Honestly what we have seen from Zach Wilson should make us all shudder.  Since day one, outside of a few plays here and there, he has looked easily spooked and prone to making dumb decisions.  What bothers me the most is his proclivity to just throw the ball up for grabs instead of just stepping out of bounds or throwing it away.   Inexcusable.
At least the picture is becoming clear ... That is after all what most of us wanted more than anything this season. He simply has not shown enough ... He needs an electric second half or he becomes the backup next season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I've always found this odd. Typically right handed quarterbacks are supposed to be better throwing to the left as opposed to right. It was one of the main concerns with Lamar Jackson pre-draft. 

When Zach panics, his first instinct is to roll right where he doesn’t have to throw across his body on a throw. I imagine the same instinct strikes him when he’s confused pre-snap. Like the hamster learning to press a lever to get a treat, Zach associates “right side” with “completed passes,” and the left side with less rewarding opportunities.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

At least the picture is becoming clear ... That is after all what most of us wanted more than anything this season. He simply has not shown enough ... He needs an electric second half or he becomes the backup next season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

True.

the most important thing this year was to know if we had the qb.

two surprises along the way. The overall talent is much better and can compete with most teams

we already have the answer on whether we have a franchise qb.

it is not the answer we wanted

• Sympathy 1