The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

Yo this is bad, however you want to look at it

Kapono starting to crack under the scrutiny 

Throwing his WRs and playcaller under the bus ? 

Dude still doesn’t understand what “open” means in the NFL vs college

Nobody’s ever open so I figure why not throw it to the other team?  I mean seriously?

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yo this is bad, however you want to look at it

Kapono starting to crack under the scrutiny 

Throwing his WRs and playcaller under the bus ? 

Dude still doesn’t understand what “open” means in the NFL vs college

Nobody’s ever open so I figure why not throw it to the other team?  I mean seriously?

Bench.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Zach wilson is the worst starting quarterback in the league 

It's that simple 

We go back and forth at each other like it's a debate or some kind of close call 

He's terrible. Always has been. Mike white played for a month his cleats are in canton 

It's not a meritocracy. The best player is not playing. Zach might be the 4th best qb on the roster that's the cold reality that everyone who isn't a Jets fan sees clearly 

Our starting QB play averages as 32 rank in the NFL, as per QB Rating (does not include today's game). Fields and MAC are right there as well.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl

image.png

• Upvote 1

I think the thing that is ultimately sinking Wilson is that in his DNA, he simply likes to be flashy. 

He just has an undying need to make the splash play.  It literally even creeps in on things like throwaways not getting clear out of bounds.  He is just soooo nonchalant.  I don’t even think it’s an intellectual thing either.  I think he often knows the play to make or the mechanics he should use, but when the bullets start flying he wants to do things with a certain aesthetic flair, and he thinks he can get away with it, or other dude’s won’t make plays.  But he can’t.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the thing that is ultimately sinking Wilson is that in his DNA, he simply likes to be flashy. 

He just has an undying need to make the splash play.  It literally even creeps in on things like throwaways not getting clear out of bounds.  He is just soooo nonchalant.  I don’t even think it’s an intellectual thing either.  I think he often knows the play to make or the mechanics he should use, but when the bullets start flying he wants to do things with a certain aesthetic flair, and he thinks he can get away with it, or other dude’s won’t make plays.  But he can’t.

Yes.  Even though they were winning with breece it’s not how HE wants to win.

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Feels like he hasn't made the mental jump from playing against Western Wyoming Community State and doesn't realize that the defense is full of pro athletes.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Our starting QB play averages as 32 rank in the NFL, as per QB Rating (does not include today's game). Fields and MAC are right there as well.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl

image.png

Fields had a productive, efficient day today vs one of the top defenses in the NFL

And B2B games with 60+ yards and 1 TD on the ground 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So true. And that won’t change. Which could end up costing him his job. 
I do think that’s why he was pissed in the presser. He’s thinking “I can escape these guys, just get open, don’t stop because your route is over”. Which I do think needs to be worked on by the WRs but that’s another story. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The Jets cannot consistently win with "game manager" Zach Wilson. The Jets cannot win with today's version of Zach Wilson. He is not enough of a true game manager like Alex Smith or Jimmy G. 

Verdict - Zach aint it. 

Wilson basically just admitted chafing at what LaFleur and the coaches have asked him to do, which is to play smart and within himself instead of doing whatever TF he feels like out there 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Fields had a productive, efficient day today vs one of the top defenses in the NFL

And B2B games with 60+ yards and 1 TD on the ground 

And I don't think those are included in QBR. So he's not just contributing with his arm, but making plays with his legs?

Zack should be picking up 30 yards a game (with a good slide to make sure he doesn't get damaged).

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I do think that’s why he was pissed in the presser. He’s thinking “I can escape these guys, just get open, don’t stop because your route is over”. Which I do think needs to be worked on by the WRs but that’s another story. 

It's not that guys aren't open ever. It's that he sucks and can't find the open guys because he plays qb about as well as my ballsack

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

And if I had to guess, I’m sure the WRs are saying to themselves, or out loud in Moore’s case, I’m open initially, and you miss me.

And then Wilson’s response in real time is practically a response of petulance.  

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Icer said:

We've all seen this story before. He's not the answer, just hope the FO is not going to delude themselves into bringing him back next year without a real alternative

They're on the hook for his contract. but that's not the same thing as starting him.

24 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Idk if there are any Zach wilson defenders in this thread.....but if so seek psychiatric help

I'm certainly not a defender. I was absolutely exasperated by his play today. However, he played responsibly in the first half and the Jets were leading. It's really the second half of this game when the Pats came out like gangbusters and took the lead. Then he started pressing and just regressed to rookie form, trying to make sandlot plays. It was completely stupid and desperate. If he had simply maintain discipline in the second half, the Jets had every chance of winning, despite the terrible ST play. The defense kept them in it. Zach took them out.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson’s left-side throwing issue continues unabated. 

45CF23C0-4D9D-417B-8A79-AA23AD24D4BF.jpeg

People are syaing he should roll out more. problem with that is the recievers have NO IDEA what he's doing.  Granted a great QB can make big plays when the play breaks down. But you cannot do that every passing down. Passing in the NFL is 90% take a 2-3 step drop, make your read and get the ball to one of your targets. NOBODY is conditioned to this kind of chaos down after down. Moore is saying out loud what every other receiver is thinking. Even worse; thsi guy is missing gimme dumpoff passes that have to be made. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only way you fire Douglas is if he lets Wilson be the unquestioned QB1 heading into 2023.  Fields has little to do with that equation.

I can't support a knee-jerk firing over Douglas no matter how badly he botched the 2021 QB class.  Woody Johnson is guaranteed to hire a GM far worse than Douglas in the next go-round should JD get fired this offseason.  Ride or die with the guy who at least has built the rest of the roster up to be solid.

I guess. I know it’s an angry, knee-jerk reaction, and I know you really can’t fire a GM for a pick another GM, but after Jamal over Mahomes and Darnold over Allen, it really is impossible to put into words how hard this one would be to take.

If his teammates were paying attention postgame, Wilson runs the risk of losing the locker room (assuming he ever had it in the 1st place)

Even Wilson’s half-assed mea culpa (not his fault for the loss but he “has to play better”) was qualified by an indirect shot at his WRs and playcaller (“frustrating rolling out all the time and seeing nothing”)

19 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

The only question I had heading into this game was - Can Zach produce under pressure?

He produced 3 interceptions and has produced nothing under pressure all season.

This is a QB issue and not a MLF issue. 

You're right...

It's not an MLF issue...

It's an MILF issue...

• Haha 1