The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No, it's  called baiting you and you still have not spit the hook. You want to know what obsessed is, someone who was told he was being baited and just keeps nibbling at the lure. 

LOL, whatever you want to believe dude.  You’re embarrassing yourself though.  
Keep my name out of your stupid posts and you won’t look as obsessed 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then why the f**k was he drafted # 2 overall in the first place?  And why was he the unquestioned starter right away? 

Can't answer the first question, but he started from game 1 because he needed the reps and experience and the offense as whole was starting brand new with new coaches , systems and players, it made no sense plugging a vet into that scenario. 

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

You’re probably right, which is profoundly depressing. We aren’t the Bears, throwing away a season to accumulate picks and evaluate young guys. This team has talent right now—certainly enough to make the playoffs, enough even to win a playoff game as long as we don’t run into Buffalo or KC. I get that finding a QB is the first, second, and third job of a GM, but I really hope we don’t throw away this season chasing the dream that Wilson might be the guy.

The Athletic Football Show is great—I’ll give it a listen. For what it’s worth, they did a show right after the Bears-Commanders game where they both agreed that Fields was unfixable, and now he’s had back to back solid performances, so who knows.

This is going to sound like the ultimate shoe-gazing, Debbie Downer take, but I don’t think we’re a viable playoff team minus Breece Hall and without a significant as-yet unseen upgrade from the QB position. Some real paper tigerness to this group, even though we’re elite at CB1 and 2, and getting wild production out of Quinnen. Maybe Mike White could give us even flatline EPA production and that’d be enough to get us to 9 or 10 wins, but even that’s optimistic. 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is going to sound like the ultimate shoe-gazing, Debbie Downer take, but I don’t think we’re a viable playoff team minus Breece Hall and without a significant as-yet unseen upgrade from the QB position. Some real paper tigerness to this group, even though we’re elite at CB1 and 2, and getting wild production out of Quinnen. Maybe Mike White could give us even flatline EPA production and that’d be enough to get us to 9 or 10 wins, but even that’s optimistic. 

I don't think you're wrong about this.  Hall had already become the centerpiece of the Jets' "attack".  And AVT going down hurts every aspect of the offense.

But on the other hand, the talent level across the board in the NFL feels like it's at it's lowest level in some time. 

A bunch of flagship franchises (and big-name players) are teetering.  And some of the other traditionally competitive teams like Indy have essentially waved the white flag on their season.

ATL is in 1st place in a horrid division at 4-4.

There are maybe 3 unquestionably good teams at the moment:  KC, Buffalo, and Philly.  Maybe throw SF into the mix with CMC if they can get their defense healthy.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a fair point. Like everyone else, I’m so starved for success that I maybe got out over my skis a bit after the four-game winning streak. With Hall, it felt like we could legitimately beat anyone on the schedule other than Buffalo. Without him, it feels like we could legitimately lose to anyone on the schedule, including all those teams we were penciling in as wins a couple weeks ago (Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville). Hall gave us the luxury of hiding the QB, and we just can’t do that anymore. That as yet unseen upgrade is a real bitch, isn’t it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don't think you're wrong about this.  Hall had already become the centerpiece of the Jets' "attack".  And AVT going down hurts every aspect of the offense.

But on the other hand, the talent level across the board in the NFL feels like it's at it's lowest level in some time. 

A bunch of flagship franchises (and big-name players) are teetering.  And some of the other traditionally competitive teams like Indy have essentially waved the white flag on their season.

ATL is in 1st place in a horrid division at 4-4.

There are maybe 3 unquestionably good teams at the moment:  KC, Buffalo, and Philly.  Maybe throw SF into the mix with CMC if they can get their defense healthy.

All true. Very weird, parity stricken league right now, and a lot of middling teams are able to hang around. With that said, we’re the worst team in the AFC East (when Tua plays) and it’s not particularly close, especially minus Breece Hall, who was our Derrick Henry.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

It’s a fair point. Like everyone else, I’m so starved for success that I maybe got out over my skis a bit after the four-game winning streak. With Hall, it felt like we could legitimately beat anyone on the schedule other than Buffalo. Without him, it feels like we could legitimately lose to anyone on the schedule, including all those teams we were penciling in as wins a couple weeks ago (Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville). Hall gave us the luxury of hiding the QB, and we just can’t do that anymore. That as yet unseen upgrade is a real bitch, isn’t it.

I blame Douglas and Saleh for wasting so much time with Flacco. All they had to do was carry a semi-decent backup from the jump. 

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This whole Mike White thing is a perfect example of talking yourself into something completely absurd.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I blame Douglas and Saleh for wasting so much time with Flacco. All they had to do was carry a semi-decent backup from the jump. 

It’s maddening. I’m glad they demoted him for White, but kinda seems like foresight should have been 20/20 on that one. Where the hell were we on Brissett? Feels like we beat either Baltimore or Cincinnati if he’s here.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It’s maddening. I’m glad they demoted him for White, but kinda seems like foresight should have been 20/20 on that one. Where the hell were we on Brissett? Feels like we beat either Baltimore or Cincinnati if he’s here.

I said it at the time but that Baltimore game was hella winnable. I was actually much more confident about this roster after watching that game than I was going into the season. We outgained them from scrimmage in both halves in that game and shot ourselves in the foot in every possible way. 

• Upvote 1