The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Deciding on Zach was not awesome, but an understandable calculated risk. Not having a viable insurance policy behind Zach because you wanted to preserve Zach’s feelings was criminal.

I continue to believe that people are so comfortable with the risk/reward ratio of QB’s at the top of the draft that the risk/reward actually isn’t good.

There’s a special guy at the top who can overcome bad circumstances every few years, and beyond that you need to be able to support and develop guys. Jets didn’t have that kind of an infrastructure in place until now, took a raw guy who needed to develop slowly, tried to accelerate it with a bad team last year, and this is where we are right now.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And what about the idiot that took Josh Allen who played in an even worse conference? Oh wait,  your argument is actually idiotic.

Lol. Take a run at me all day pal. You and your hero K Toney. 

Josh played better in college, endured more, had less to work with. Have you seen the Wyoming offense? Ever? 

you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Didn’t everyone wanna see him throw multiple TDs and over 300 yards?

We wanted him to step up his game and put up points any way he can.  He didn't.  Against a defense that just made Justin Fields look like a borderline MVP candidate the week before.

But generally, yes, if you score 24+ points but throw some picks in the process, it's not a big deal.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Deciding on Zach was not awesome, but an understandable calculated risk. Not having a viable insurance policy behind Zach because you wanted to preserve Zach’s feelings was criminal.

100% with you on this.

I was a Justin Fields guy, but wasn't so mad at the Zach pick.

If JD wants to see another year he better present a plan to the owner of how he's getting Aaron Rodgers to the Jets

• Upvote 1

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

100% with you on this.

I was a Justin Fields guy, but wasn't so mad at the Zach pick.

If JD wants to see another year he better present a plan to the owner of how he's getting Aaron Rodgers to the Jets

I would rather have Kyrie Irving and Santonio Holmes on my team than Aaron Rodgers.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We wanted him to step up his game and put up points any way he can.  He didn't.  Against a defense that just made Justin Fields look like a borderline MVP candidate the week before.

But generally, yes, if you score 24+ points but throw some picks in the process, it's not a big deal.  

I just wanna see him climb the pocket

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, derp said:

I continue to believe that people are so comfortable with the risk/reward ratio of QB’s at the top of the draft that the risk/reward actually isn’t good.

There’s a special guy at the top who can overcome bad circumstances every few years, and beyond that you need to be able to support and develop guys. Jets didn’t have that kind of an infrastructure in place until now, took a raw guy who needed to develop slowly, tried to accelerate it with a bad team last year, and this is where we are right now.

Absolutely. The decision was bad and the process was worse, but you can forgive it strictly from a tools perspective. 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

I just wanna see him climb the pocket

And find the receivers that are wide open.  There were several of those today.

Maybe complete a pass that isn't a slant.

Maybe not airmail easy throws so often.

Lot's of things he needs to do that run-of-the-mill QB's are capable of doing.  He just never does them.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And find the receivers that are wide open.  There were several of those today.

Maybe complete a pass that isn't a slant.

Maybe not airmail easy throws so often.

Lot's of things he needs to do that run-of-the-mill QB's are capable of doing.  He just never does them.  

I’ll start with climb the pocket. Baby steps 

But it would've been a different story if the refs didn't call the cheap roughing call again!!!!   They would've went into the half at 17-3. 

No way they would lose to that !   

without looking  there was one holding call and of course it was on the jets drive right after  the scumbags came out and scored after half. 

these are "judgement" calls and of course they never favor the jets !  It's like clockwork.  Patriots we're holding like crazy.  But no calls.  

Yeah Zach wasn't great but neither was Mac and on Q the refs give them the boost. 

it's obvios 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

I’ll start with climb the pocket. Baby steps 

F that.  He has the rest of the season to do all the things I said he needs to do or he can go.  He's a pro QB in his 2nd season who was taken # 2 overall.  Prove you belong in this league by doing the things 75+ % of starting-caliber QB's are able to do. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Absolutely. The decision was bad and the process was worse, but you can forgive it strictly from a tools perspective. 

Those tantalizing tools.

Possibly an overcorrection but give me the little guy with the instincts to play the position (Young) if he slides in range to go get him.

They need competence with upside on a rookie deal IMO.

It’s funny too I almost posted the same as you earlier, it had been the best Wilson had looked in a while for a bit. Then the wheels came off. Just no real ability to handle adversity - pressure or just bouncing back from bad play.

• Upvote 1