The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Why should anyone trust him to pick another QB 

There seem to be very few people in the world who have earned the right to be consistently trusted picking quarterbacks.

what’s the hit rate on first round quarterbacks the past decade?

Zach may look bad but I am not sure there was an obviously better decision.

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

BYU QB who never saw a pass rush in his life playing the Taco Bell conference. 

You muppets ate it up. 

THIS IS WHY NO ONE WAS HAPPY WITH 5-2 SIMMS. 

I like JD and almost everything he’s done. Zack was the headscratcher for me. But…. I get it for where we were picking.  I still would have taken Fields but - JD has a few days to try to get Foles?!? Or decide to make a move in offseason 

we are “average” qb play away from being a problem for most all teams

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There seem to be very few people in the world who have earned the right to be consistently trusted picking quarterbacks.

what’s the hit rate on first round quarterbacks the past decade?

Zach may look bad but I am not sure there was an obviously better decision.

None of this makes me feel good about giving jd another spin on the wheel 

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Those tantalizing tools.

Possibly an overcorrection but give me the little guy with the instincts to play the position (Young) if he slides in range to go get him.

They need competence with upside on a rookie deal IMO.

It’s funny too I almost posted the same as you earlier, it had been the best Wilson had looked in a while for a bit. Then the wheels came off. Just no real ability to handle adversity - pressure or just bouncing back from bad play.

I still can’t see them pivoting to a new rookie QB if Wilson continues to suck—especially someone as scary as Young—but I would bet good money we’ll get a QB drafted on Day Two who becomes the shadow successor. 

IMO, Belichick wasn’t going to let Zach Wilson beat him. I’d imagine he tweaked the defense a wee little bit and Zach’s brain melted into paste. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Jd has to see what we all see. 

Maybe I’m wrong but JD doesn’t strike me as the type who will sit around with him because he was a high pick. We’ll have Breece, AVT back next year. A good defense and more picks and free agents. He will know upgrading QB is a must 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The whole QB class stinks. It seems he fixed the defense at least.

I dunno, man. Trying to avoid recency bias but Fields has played really well on the road against great defenses two weeks in a row. I like Douglas from a process perspective, and you have to like how he’a rebuilt the defense and put together a workable OL on the fly, but if Fields is a franchise guy, Douglas needs to be fired.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

None of this makes me feel good about giving jd another spin on the wheel 

Understood, but what is the suggestion? Go with someone completely new? Go with a retread GM?

Steve Keim in Arizona drafted Josh Rosen. Probably one of the worst QB selections in the first round in a decade. They cut bait and then let him select Kyler Murray. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This deep into the Zach Wilson career arc and this is where the Jets are with him:

I actually think this is a good sign. He's not going to outright call Wilson out. But he acknowledging that there is a problem. If he would have gotten up there and call him a warrior for battling back and throwing for 355 I would have been worried. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

There is none.   He is doing the same dumb crap.  We'll be watching this turd screw the pooch for another two years before he winds up a backup in Las Vegas.   The kid is a bust.

Despite my seemingly undying loyalty to Joe Douglas, Zach Wilson being the unquestioned QB1 in 2023 would be the easiest way for me to turn on him and demand his firing.  

I have to think he's smart enough to see they need to at the very least add a viable QB1b into the QB room.  If not 2 of them.

Sign a vet like Jimmy G and/or Minshew, draft another QB in the middle rounds, and let's go to war in 2023.  

• Upvote 2