The Post Game Zach Sucks Thread (merged)

Mario

Watching Zach play today gives me the feeling that he is a selfish player. Always wanting to be the hero taking undue risks  so he can be a big man on campus where the prudent thing to do for the good of the team is throw the dam ball into the stands not trying to throw a half assed pass yo a receiver that has three guys around him. 

40 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

Sure his production as a starter is worse than most of the QB busts in NFL in the past 10-15 years.

But he hasn’t had to do too much and doesn’t turn the ball over…(2 TDs, 5 ints)

And yes - Josh Allen showed way more in his first 18 starts than Zach so far - but we should be silent on criticism and exercise patience.

Just gearing up for the 4th Q comeback since Pittsburgh proved that’s when Zach plays best even if he’s been sub par in the first 3 quarters. There’s still time…

(heavy sarcasm!)

The easy part is stinking it up.  Zach has that down pat!

Zach doesn't execute. That's why he constantly rolls out. He doesn't stay in the pocket. He abandons his "check down" receivers every time he rolls right. The play is designed to be executed in the pocket. Add up all the yards he runs behind the LOS. It's comical. If he just ran forward half the time at least something good might happen. Abandoning the play called, abandoning your check down receivers, running BACKWARDS ten, fifteen yards, and then arbitrarily tossing a ball up for a free for all-- NOT EVEN PLANTING YOUR FEET-- is a recipe for disaster. Every time. Once in a blue moon, you get lucky. That's not how you plan to win a game. 

He's done. Get him out of here.  

• Upvote 2

Well this is a Zach excuse thread so 1) I thought LaFleur's play calling was atrocious. a 41 pass to 15 run stat sheet, even with no Hall, is silly.  2), I thought Saleh got way too clever putting up Streveler as a smoke screen, and then not actually having some plays for him - there were a bunch of plays that were open for a QB run that he would have feasted on that Zach wasn't willing to take. And 3) unless Moore did something obscene on the sideline, why activate the guy and only use him for a handful of snaps?  He had 1 target the whole game...

25 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Zach cannot even be a game manager at QB.  He effectively puts this team is a worse situation every game.

It was the same deal in Pittsburgh, only he was able to put together a few nice drives.

Agreed - As a game manager - Zach has put up terrible production and made games way closer than they should be.

He has shown very limited upside in generating explosive plays or TDs.  

Through 18 games he has shown less than Darnold, Geno, and Sanchez.  I truly didn’t think that was possible from a #2 drafted QB in this offense.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This deep into the Zach Wilson career arc and this is where the Jets are with him:

Don't think that's the problem.  How about they "figure out" why Wilson is struggling to throw to receivers on time.

I mean, how many balls are we going to throw away?  Regardless of the ints, there were so many downs wasted by Zach this game it was incredible.  Every other pass play was thrown out of bounds, and it wasn't because of pressure.

12 minutes ago, Jolot said:

ZW is the worst QB in the league , not just the worst starter . The worst QB. He can’t start next week , or ever again. 

He's the 4th best QB on the 2022 New York Jets. If the discussion about benching him next week is not happening  at Florham Park tomorrow, it needs to be. 

• Upvote 1

This is not a bash Wilson thread.  

He may or may not turn into the franchise QB we want.  I still think it's too early and he does show flashes.  I give QB's 3 yrs before I am willing to make that call.. albeit, Zach really does need to step it up by next year.

I think this was a good litmus test game for Wilson.  With the injuries on O, the game plan was pretty clear - could the CS call his number, lean on him, get him to carry this team through the season.  At this point, the answer is a resounding NO!  

Robert S. and Mike L. will need to go back to the drawing board and scheme their way through the rest of the season - Big sets, move the pocket, maybe some more RPO - anything but what was schemed today.  Whatever they plan up, they cannot put all their chips on ZW for the foreseeable future. 

What?  Why are people not happy?  The QB threw for 355 yards and 2 tds.

I mean this forum was full of bleating sheep so angry that the QB was not racking up yards and tds and being too careful with the ball.

Now when he turns it over to lose the game and racks up big stats people are mad as well?

In this league don't turn over the fing ball and you have a good chance to win.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just when I thought you'd finally turned a corner.  

We didn't win, Zach Wilson played like sh*t, and he was the # 1 reason we lost this game.  None of this is what we "wanted", but it IS 100 % what we predicted.

Now go ahead and accuse me of enjoying this or rooting for his failure like you always do.

I thought this was the Zach Wilson excuse thread?

Or does the thread title meaningless...and it's just like every other thread on this forum - which is solely built to attack Zach Wilson.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I thought this is what we wanted?

I've been told the past month that wins and losses don't matter...only yardage and TD's?

Is that not the case?

2 TDs and 355 yards....

I thought that's what was what's important...

Has something changed?  Or just same ole...

Let's find a way to attack Zach Wilson for everything and anything possible.

Now include the INTs and then refresh.

Anyone who ever questioned whether you had an agenda or posted in bad faith has their answer here.

Just a disgusting post. Just like every single thing Zach Wilson has ever done on a football field. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Not completely giving up on ZW..but I’m getting close

lots of talent on this team..but we are going nowhere without a QB..obviously 

if it continues to go south..  who can we get to play QB going forward..in ‘23, ‘24 and beyond?

I wouldn't  be surprised if Tannehill  isn't  traded in the offseason 

Just now, Bugg said:

He's the 4th best QB on the 2022 New York Jets. If the discussion about benching him next week is not happening  at Florham Park tomorrow, it needs to be. 

Mac Jones got benched and he’s 10 times better than Zach ( Mac Jones sucks also …he just sucks 10 times less than Zach ) 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I thought this is what we wanted?

I've been told the past month that wins and losses don't matter...only yardage and TD's?

Is that not the case?

2 TDs and 355 yards....

I thought that's what was what's important...

Has something changed?  Or just same ole...

Let's find a way to attack Zach Wilson for everything and anything possible.

Looks like your transformation into a full-fledged troll is almost complete.

Everyone knew (except you) the moment this team would need to rely on Zach to actually do his job, he would come up short.  Give it a rest.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Or does the thread title meaningless...and it's just like every other thread on this forum - which is solely built to attack Zach Wilson.

ZW is really the hill your going to die on ? Cmon man …your better than this . 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

lol you thought this thread was created to be your safe space???

He deserves every single "attack" he's getting right now.  And so do you if you continue to defend him.  

He ain't the guy.  Just own it.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

I actually think this is a good sign. He's not going to outright call Wilson out. But he acknowledging that there is a problem. If he would have gotten up there and call him a warrior for battling back and throwing for 355 I would have been worried. 

Good point. Saleh has made some vague criticisms about Zach’s play in the past, but it feels like he’s starting to see the future. The Jets were good enough to win today if they got a baseline level of play from the QB position. Instead, their QB lost the game for them. There’s gonna come a moment where Saleh is going to have to get serious about benching him. I think the fact that he made a move at QB2 was significant

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just when I thought you'd finally turned a corner.  

We didn't win, Zach Wilson played like sh*t, and he was the # 1 reason we lost this game.  None of this is what we "wanted", but it IS 100 % what we predicted.

Now go ahead and accuse me of enjoying this or rooting for his failure like you always do.

I'm actually  waiting for Jets Nut to down vote everyone in this thread

• Haha 2