Elijah Moore’s Post Game

Vudu

23 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Doesn't matter how the QB plays, Moore is really showing that 'team' means nothing to him. This is a guy who fell to the second round of the draft, had a good stretch for a few games then got hurt.

Not sure what's not working with the O (yes, I know, lack of talent at QB is part of it), but if you have an open receiver, you throw to them, period. Zack is not good enough to play with a WR playing decoy all game long...

For his part, he did come out and say that he regrets taking his frustrations public, which was the biggest issue I had with the whole situation. Guy is not being used and is talented enough to be a difference maker for us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

When a defender gets a penalty for being over aggressive it sucks but at least he is trying 

The defense was pressing because the offense can't function at a normal level 

Bunch of bull. When JFM committed that idiotic penalty they were up 10-3. That was an easily avoidable penalty and the biggest play of the game and it should have been 17-3 going into the half. Roughing the passer penalties are called when you breathe wrong on a QB so this genius decides to take 2-3 extra steps to hit him after the pass was thrown. That wasn't the first time either this ass hat cost them with a stupid roughing the passer penalty. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Stop it.   The first Pat missed an easy tackle.   That's what the NFL has become, a bunch of scrub players who can't do the basics like tackle.  Every team.  Best thing the NFL could do to boost overall play is lose 10 teams and players on them.  This would immediately elevate the level of play.  Will that ever happen?   Don't make me laugh. 

I honestly don’t give a goddamn about anybody right now until this quarterback thing has been taken care of. It’s wasted energy.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

33 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I hope Zach gets hit by a bus. Otherwise he starts the rest of this season and next.

What an effing loser!  

Deer in headlights.

Not cool.  

He played decently in the 1st Half, they had a lead at halftime.  The Pick 6 that was called back changed All the momentum of the game.  Not making excuses for the awful decisions after Belichick forced him to play Belichick’s game.  This was a winnable game, and they probably Do win if the Pick 6 stands.

When was the last time the Jets were in Any game with New England?  Long time.  When was the last time they had a halftime lead against New England which they had TODAY? Long time.

Everyone “wants stats”, Kid puts up 2 TDs and 350 yards and “HE SHOULDN’T EVEN BE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!”.

He HAS TO get better with his decisions and he HAS TO move up in the pocket, but lots of times he can’t with that free rusher coming in.

Its way way early to write him off.  Still has Infinite Physical Talent.  Do you throw that away after 18 games?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I agree and while his delivery is terrible I sense a guy who is so frustrated that he just let it out and didn’t care.

Reading between the lines you get the sense that there are real problems in the locker room and saleh knows he has to address.

seeing what we see now I am guessing Moore let go on lafleur about he qb and lafleur prob told him just do your job or along those lines.

I think it is coming unglued for zach

Yea, I agree with what you’re inferring.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I watched the video and it was…uncomfortable. That’s a dude who believes he’s a star and isn’t afraid to burn his team to the ground if they stand in his way. OBJ vibes. His situation isn’t going to improve here unless the QB situation improves, and the QB situation is dead on arrival. 

As a Jets fan, I think it is selfish and he should be benched. 

Having said that, agree with Elijah's personal decision to aggressively try to get out - he is being misused and Zach is not good.  I would do the same.  Toney gets to play with Mahomes and Elijah has to play with Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I agree with what you’re inferring.

It’s a guess- what the hell do I know.

I was sure they beat the pats today and placed a wager accordingly which pisses me off as well.

Maybe a coincidence but moore’s comments, the move of white up and demoting flacco - something is up

• Post of the Week 1

As much sh*t as I’ve given Mims, I’d rather see more of him than Moore moving forward.

Douglas needs to include Moore in a package for a dude like Tunsil or a legit veteran QB by Tuesday morning.

He’s a dickhole (albeit a talented dickhole) who thinks he’s some kind of superstar and it’s obvious it isn’t going to work here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All week LaFleur said Moore would be more involved.  41 throws and not one finds the hands of Moore.

That's primarily a QB problem.  Not a coaching/Moore problem.  

Moore is a bit of a diva but most talented/highly drafted WRs are.  Have to be able to manage personalities in this league.  They drafted the kid high.  Use him.

Idk how you're getting upvoted. It can't be a QB problem if Moore was only on the field for 10 snaps....

Lets be real here, Moore got benched mid game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jNYC1 said:

As a Jets fan, I think it is selfish and he should be benched. 

Having said that, agree with Elijah's personal decision to aggressively try to get out - he is being misused and Zach is not good.  I would do the same.  Toney gets to play with Mahomes and Elijah has to play with Zach.

Yep. Said it when he first bugged out—these guys look like a$$hole malcontents in the moment, but they usually end up in better situations where they put up numbers and everyone forgets about the whole malcontent thing. Toney is a perfect example

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not cool.  

He played decently in the 1st Half, they had a lead at halftime.  The Pick 6 that was called back changed All the momentum of the game.  Not making excuses for the awful decisions after Belichick forced him to play Belichick’s game.  This was a winnable game, and they probably Do win if the Pick 6 stands.

When was the last time the Jets were in Any game with New England?  Long time.  When was the last time they had a halftime lead against New England which they had TODAY? Long time.

Everyone “wants stats”, Kid puts up 2 TDs and 350 yards and “HE SHOULDN’T EVEN BE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!”.

He HAS TO get better with his decisions and he HAS TO move up in the pocket, but lots of times he can’t with that free rusher coming in.

Its way way early to write him off.  Still has Infinite Physical Talent.  Do you throw that away after 18 games?

He's the same guy he was last year. He has shown zero improvement. He's not the guy. Time to move on. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

It’s a guess- what the hell do I know.

I was sure they beat the pats today and placed a wager accordingly which pisses me off as well.

Maybe a coincidence but moore’s comments, the move of white up and demoting flacco - something is up

Yea, I’m with you.

Rumors that Denver might be willing to trade Jeudy. I doubt it esp after they won today. But if he’s available if you watched him last week he’s a player you want on your team. If they got Moore and a higher draft pick like a 2nd I’d do it this guy is really good. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I honestly don’t give a goddamn about anybody right now until this quarterback thing has been taken care of. It’s wasted energy.

Well said.  Your comment hit me between the eyes.   Absolutely correct.   I have been a detractor of Zach Wilson from the start.  He has never looked ready to be an NFL QB.   Today was a prime example.  I don't get how at this level; a QB like Zach can make those throws instead of just dumping the ball or stepping out of bounds.   Seriously?   I think the kid is a dope.   Another Darnold with less skill.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Elijah Moore was fine in week 1 with Flacco dealing 

Was superb last season with MW, Josh Johnson, and Flacco

Keep Moore, dump the QB

How does him getting catches on a sh*tty team from even sh*ttier QBs all while losing mean anything?

53 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

**** him and **** zach 

I was given the product im used to today and expect more of it the rest if the season.... ****ing Jets 

The line was trash.... Zach was trash... I miss Breece and AVT...

We need to see what Zach is and i dont like what I saw today.... 

Lafleur was bad today as well...

@FidelioJet you were right about  today

Yes, the Jet had no chance to win this game today.  

Saleh, ML and Ulbrich were exposed as second rate coaches (as many are against BB) 

And Yes, what I saw from Zach Wilson today was concerning.

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He's the same guy he was last year. He has shown zero improvement. He's not the guy. Time to move on. 

THIS game, on a few poor decisions he was “the same guy from last year” going against Belichick.  He has done that to more QBs than you can count.  Wilson is 4-1 this year.  He has been outstanding in protecting the ball and avoiding the mistakes he made Pre Injury Last Year, that’s an improvement.

Post Injury Last Year he WASN’T even the same guy he was Pre Injury Last Year.

You just don’t give up on someone with that kind of Arm Talent after only 18 games.

There’s no way Mike White takes this team on any long playoff runs.  So who do you roll with ?  Who do you roll with next year?

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, the Jet had no chance to win this game today.  

Saleh, ML and Ulbrich were exposed as second rate coaches (as many are against BB) 

And Yes, what I saw from Zach Wilson today was concerning.

No chance????

JFM doesn’t make another idiotic penalty the Pick 6 stands, the Jets are Up 17-6 at halftime and with tons of Momentum entering the 2nd half.  That play led to a 10 Point swing  with NE getting a FG.

The Jets actually “won” the 1st half.  People posting like they got waxed 50 something to 10 or whatever it was last year.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Should have known this sh*t would happen when I bought his jersey. Every time.

Now you know how I felt after I bought an authentic Chad Pennington Jets jersey.  I thought he would be the man for 15 years.  He fell apart along with his arm, and ended up in Miami.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Care to expand on this?

He was not good today.

If you're referencing my earlier posts.  I was staying true to the thread title - I prefer to stay on topic in any given thread.

As I've stated regularly, his accuracy continues to concern me.  That was his major problem today.

Just now, Alka said:

Now you know how I felt after I bought an authentic Chad Pennington Jets jersey.  I thought he would be the man for 15 years.  He fell apart along with his arm, and ended up in Miami.  

Chad’s legacy is legit though. He’s a good player who we have many fond memories of.

My last 5 Jets jerseys - Moore, Adams, Darnold, Decker, Sanchez.

Adams was traded literally months later. Darnold sucked. Decker went to sh*t and barely played another game, Sanchez is the success story from the list lol.

Kerry Rhodes was the last jersey I bought that I didn’t regret 18 months later.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

He was not good today.

If you're referencing my earlier posts.  I was staying true to the thread title - I prefer to stay on topic in any given thread.

As I've stated regularly, his accuracy continues to concern me.  That was his major problem today.

I honestly was curious as to your evaluation of today, is all. 

Was hoping you'd share it in as much detail as your usual posts.

Have a feeling I know, but didn't want to presume. 

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No chance????

JFM doesn’t make another idiotic penalty the Pick 6 stands, the Jets are Up 17-6 at halftime and with tons of Momentum entering the 2nd half.  That play led to a 10 Point swing  with NE getting a FG.

The Jets actually “won” the 1st half.  People posting like they got waxed 50 something to 10 or whatever it was last year.

Yes, but he did make that late hit.  Which was JFM's second back-breaking Roughing the passer penalty this year.  JFM should not be playing next week...or it will be clear to the team - that that's okay.  In other words, that late hit was directly in character of this defense. If it wasn't that it would have been something else.  BB is still in another league than Saleh right now.

This team, particularly the defense is incredibly undisciplined in both the way they continue to make late hits - and their consistent over pursuing.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not cool.  

There is no called back pick 6 if Zach doesn’t throw a pick in the first place.

• Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

THIS game, on a few poor decisions he was “the same guy from last year” going against Belichick.  He has done that to more QBs than you can count.  Wilson is 4-1 this year.  He has been outstanding in protecting the ball and avoiding the mistakes he made Pre Injury Last Year, that’s an improvement.

Post Injury Last Year he WASN’T even the same guy he was Pre Injury Last Year.

You just don’t give up on someone with that kind of Arm Talent after only 18 games.

There’s no way Mike White takes this team on any long playoff runs.  So who do you roll with ?  Who do you roll with next year?

He's been hidden by Lafleur the past few games because it's easier and less risky to run the ball when you have a Breece Hall. It's easy not to turn the ball over when you are throwing 5 yard slants and passing for 120 yards a game. I think LaFleur knows that Zach is incapable of opening things up without the dumb decisions and INT's you saw today. To me and many others he is the same player he was last year. Inaccurate, can't read the field quick enough, and just abysmal at handling any sort of pressure. He is not a good NFL QB. Mike White is capable of giving this team average QB so I would have no problem if he replaced Wilson. I don't know about next year but it is a deep QB draft so it depends on where we are picking. I would also explore the market to upgrade with a vet that may be available. Zach Wilson is not the answer and any other solutions would be most welcome. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Chad’s legacy is legit though. He’s a good player who we have many fond memories of.

Adams was traded literally months later. Darnold sucked. Decker went to sh*t and barely played another game, Sanchez is the success story from the list lol.

thats funny cause i bought an Adams jersey too a few months before he got traded.. lol

my next one is going to be a Bart Scott jersey. he cant get traded

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Could you get a Wilson Jersey like.. today?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I honestly was curious as to your evaluation of today, is all. 

Was hoping you'd share it in as much detail as your usual posts.

Have a feeling I know, but didn't want to presume. 

Okay, in all seriousness.

I am mostly concerned with his accuracy issues - and I am really concerned with it.  Getting to the point where I'm not sure it's fixable...

Truthfully what seems to be bothering many of you I'm less concerned with - which is his decision making.  That will come.  The game will slow down - it is slowing down for him.  He does look more comfortable.  BB was always going to give him fits (it's why I was really confident the Jet would get beat badly today)

I think many of your are off and overly harsh - he's a young QB still that has a lot to learn...

There was one bad decision today on the INT's  And that was the last one...the other two were bad throws.

First int - good read, open receiver, on time - he just threw it over his head.  Not good, but an accuracy issue not a decision or processing one.

Second int - was being flushed out, no one was there - threw it away - just didn't throw it far enough away.  Not a decision making or processing issue - he'll learn from that - notice the next one he threw away almost went into the stands.

Third one - no idea what he was doing...I'll try and watch it on an all 22 - but I saw nothing there.  really bad..Just ugly..Just can't imagine what he was thinking.

Frankly the play that bothered me the most was the late 4th down play - could have redeemed himself - and put the Jets in a real chance to comeback...when he had Conklin down the seam - that would have been 6 and he missed him..badly.  Again, good read, good decision - missed the throw.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, but he did make that late hit.  Which was JFM's second back-breaking Roughing the passer penalty this year.  JFM should not be playing next week...or it will be clear to the team - that that's okay.  In other words, that late hit was directly in character of this defense. If it wasn't that it would have been something else.  BB is still in another league than Saleh right now.

This team, particularly the defense is incredibly undisciplined in both the way they continue to make late hits - and their consistent over pursuing.  

Would not have happened had Zach not made a horrible throw that was picked off.  Zach should not be playing next week...or it will be clear to the team - losing is okay.

Jets were still winning after JFM's late hit.  Patriots had 2 more penalties than the Jets.  Patriots also got called for unnecessary roughness (much more blatant than JFM's penalty) and 12 men in the huddle (literally pee wee level penalty).

Saleh and Co. were not exposed today.  Zach Wilson was.  Horrendous QB play was the only thing holding this team back.

• Upvote 1