Elijah Moore’s Post Game

Vudu

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He's been hidden by Lafleur the past few games because it's easier and less risky to run the ball when you have a Breece Hall. It's easy not to turn the ball over when you are throwing 5 yard slants and passing for 120 yards a game. I think LaFleur knows that Zach is incapable of opening things up without the dumb decisions and INT's you saw today. To me and many others he is the same player he was last year. Inaccurate, can't read the field quick enough, and just abysmal at handling any sort of pressure. He is not a good NFL QB. Mike White is capable of giving this team average QB so I would have no problem if he replaced Wilson. I don't know about next year but it is a deep QB draft so it depends on where we are picking. I would also explore the market to upgrade with a vet that may be available. Zach Wilson is not the answer and any other solutions would be most welcome. 

Good points.  Can’t disagree with most.  I’m just unsure how much better the team gets with the current options at QB.

When you win 4 consecutive games with a guy and then lose 1, you can’t bench him…yet.

Shame he gets the best team in the league next week…..and a probable beating.

3 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Saleh and Co. were not exposed today.  Zach Wilson was.

They were all exposed. 

Zach for sucking as usual. Saleh and Co. For not doing anything about it proactively.. as usual. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because I'm making a good argument and people here love me.

They might love you but it's definitely not a good argument. Not defending Zach but Moore played 10/58 snaps. In this scenario his lack of targets is because the CS is not putting him on the field not because of the QB

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

They might love you but it's definitely not a good argument. Not defending Zach but Moore played 10/58 snaps. In this scenario his lack of targets is because the CS is not putting him on the field not because of the QB

Fair enough.  But why did Moore complain and get sat down in the first place?  Lack of targets.  His snap count was much higher earlier in the season.  Wilson still wasn't finding him. 

And this was coming off a Week 3 game where Flacco targeted Moore 9 times.  Moore has been targeted, I believe, only 8-9 times TOTAL since Wilson has returned.

2 hours ago, DLJ said:

You have to trade him. He does not want to be here.

Do the Jets not have a media handler who can stop questions when it gets out of hand?

- pretty much says he has zero chemistry with Zack.

- says Shyt is bubbling behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

- Says he wishes he could’ve kept stuff in house but ultimately his feelings are what they are and he has a family to feed.

He was barely in the game today. They clearly planned to trade him after today and he was only active because  Davis was hurt.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fair enough.  But why did Moore complain and get sat down in the first place?  Lack of targets.  His snap count was much higher earlier in the season.  Wilson still wasn't finding him. 

And this was coming off a Week 3 game where Flacco targeted Moore 9 times.  Moore has been targeted, I believe, only 8-9 times TOTAL since Wilson has returned.

I mean tbf when Flacco was in we threw the ball 50 something times a game, which was not a recipe for success. When you throw the ball that much your bound to get targets. 

Zach coming back coincided with the defense fixing their issues and playing lights out. Plus the emergence of Breece. So we went from throwing 50 times a game to catch up to 19 in Green Bay to protect leads. So of course Moore isn't going to get targeted nearly as much. 

But I can't deny that there is a lack of chemistry between Moore and Zach. 

4 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The Pick 6 does not matter.  The offense was driving down the field to go up 17 or 13 to 3 and Zach turned the ball over.  That changed the momentum.  Nothing else would've happened had Zach not made that mistake.

The 350 yards are BS.  He got 80 of those in garbage time when the damage had been done.  He completed 20 of 41 passes.  That is horrible and causes dysfunction in an offense.  How is MLF supposed to call a game when it's constantly 2nd/3rd and 10 because Zach just throws it away the play prior?

Zach Wilson is not 4-1 this year.  The Jets are 4-1 with Zach Wilson.  There is a BIG difference.  He has not been outstanding protecting the ball, he's thrown it an average of 21 times the past 3 games and has had SEVERAL dropped ints and got lucky last week on that fumble call that was clearly a fumble.  He has been suspect with ball security and has gotten lucky...  The turnover problems are still evident in his game.

Go ahead and keep waiting for his brain to catch up to his arm.  Who knows, maybe you're right.  Maybe he'll start piecing things together in 10 years like Geno has. 

Good points, some, somewhat debatable.

That’s the biggest question is if he can start making good reads on a consistent basis and how long do you give him until you say “it’s Never going to happen”.  I agree, up to now you’re right in saying he has Never payed a complete game…yet, and he might Never play a complete game.

Just hate to think you might be cutting the cord too soon with all that Arm Talent along with seeing the 2nd pick in the Nation as a sunk cost.

Not as frustrating as Kenny O’Brien who also had a great arm, could read the field much better than Wilson, actually had a Winning record vs. Marino (not many can say that), but was a statue in the pocket and with the beatings he took you knew you weren’t winning a Super Bowl with him.

And no you can’t do the Geno thing which is equivalent to finding a winning lottery ticket on the ground whose numbers used to be bad ones.  That’s how rare a turnaround like that is.

10 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Good points, some, somewhat debatable.

That’s the biggest question is if he can start making good reads on a consistent basis and how long do you give him until you say “it’s Never going to happen”.  I agree, up to now you’re right in saying he has Never payed a complete game…yet, and he might Never play a complete game.

Just hate to think you might be cutting the cord too soon with all that Arm Talent along with seeing the 2nd pick in the Nation as a sunk cost.

Not as frustrating as Kenny O’Brien who also had a great arm, could read the field much better than Wilson, actually had a Winning record vs. Marino (not many can say that), but was a statue in the pocket and with the beatings he took you knew you weren’t winning a Super Bowl with him.

And no you can’t do the Geno thing which is equivalent to finding a winning lottery ticket on the ground whose numbers used to be bad ones.  That’s how rare a turnaround like that is.

I get it, my only thought is that rarely do QB's who struggle to see the field and read defenses make sufficient turnarounds.  I know he has arm talent but maturing was all that was needed to fix his football brain, you'd see a lot more QBs make those steps forward.

I am skeptical he can make real big strides this season, which is a shame with the pieces we have this year.  Maybe Zach needs to sit more and come back.  Who knows, I just think he's going to drive him and this team into the ground similar to how Geno and Darnold crashed and burned.

If Zach continues to play poorly and this team only manages to win 3 more games, what then?  We have 5 wins among a league of lackluster records.  Every measure should be taken to ensure we make the postseason, including benching Wilson.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

For his part, he did come out and say that he regrets taking his frustrations public, which was the biggest issue I had with the whole situation. Guy is not being used and is talented enough to be a difference maker for us. 

This...

It is either the QB or the OC period!!

Get Moore the Dam Ball!!!

1 hour ago, jNYC1 said:

As a Jets fan, I think it is selfish and he should be benched. 

Having said that, agree with Elijah's personal decision to aggressively try to get out - he is being misused and Zach is not good.  I would do the same.  Toney gets to play with Mahomes and Elijah has to play with Zach.

Omg really? Eijah moore dude

Honestly can’t even blame Moore at this point. Lafleur doesn’t know how to use him and today just chose not to. There is nothing in the pass game Berrios and Jeff Smith do better than Moore they shouldn’t be on the field. The team tried to prove a point in a divisional game ?? awesome stuff 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Folks, it's okay to say the team made a mistake with Wilson.  What's toxic, and counter productive, is sticking with the guy when you know it won't work.   It's what we did with Darnold.

It’s a shame this has to even be typed out..

What are we Jet fans or Zach Wilson fans?

• Upvote 3

Just now, SR24 said:

Honestly can’t even blame Moore at this point. Lafleur doesn’t know how to use him and today just chose not to. There is nothing in the pass game Berrios and Jeff Smith do better than Moore they shouldn’t be on the field. The team tried to prove a point in a divisional game ?? awesome stuff 

It is clear Lafleur plays favorites and IMO it is obvious at this point!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Folks, it's okay to say the team made a mistake with Wilson.  What's toxic, and counter productive, is sticking with the guy when you know it won't work.   It's what we did with Darnold.

Thats legit but hiw lomg did darnold get? I dont remeber but 3 years at least no? 4 maybe? 

this dude is not even done with year 2!

imo, the right time to bail on a high pic qb is after 2 solid years and if that what we do then kudos to the jets because thats how a prudent skipper sails

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, putting Moore aside.  I like what Mims brings.  Big body, good hands.  Fixed his dumb penalties.

he looks solid.

Ummmmm why could fans see this but the OC wouldn't put him even on the active roster if he was capable of playing like this and he was even open on several plays in addition and Zach didn't even look his way!  

Think if Zach had been looking his way, Mims would have had over 100 yards and the claim he couldn't do it against "quality" competition would have been permanently put to bed!

• Upvote 2

Moore is showing no toughness at all.  These players erode what it takes to win a ring in this league.  He is simply not that good.  Training camp doesn’t mean crap.  If I’m the coach we will go to the game with someone else.  He can rot.  Teach him a Lesson coach.  He’s a joke, summer time super star that hasn’t done anthing

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I get it, my only thought is that rarely do QB's who struggle to see the field and read defenses make sufficient turnarounds.  I know he has arm talent but maturing was all that was needed to fix his football brain, you'd see a lot more QBs make those steps forward.

I am skeptical he can make real big strides this season, which is a shame with the pieces we have this year.  Maybe Zach needs to sit more and come back.  Who knows, I just think he's going to drive him and this team into the ground similar to how Geno and Darnold crashed and burned.

If Zach continues to play poorly and this team only manages to win 3 more games, what then?  We have 5 wins among a league of lackluster records.  Every measure should be taken to ensure we make the postseason, including benching Wilson.

You’re begrudgingly pulling me to the Wilson dark side.  F….kin shame they all most likely get a Bills beatdown next Sunday, and the longest knives will come out for Wilson.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Just watched / listened to his locker room interview 

Have no problem with Moore’s answers

He said nothing wrong

Logically his answer was 100% correct. There can’t be an on field relationship if he never gets targets, let alone catches.

It just tells you his mindset though, he’s over it. He won’t be here as long as Zach is here.

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The last 2 games he was targeted once I saw him running a lot of support routes today and I also saw him open but Zach can't step into the pocket because he never ever does hes worse than Darnold

At this stage, Zach is basically a Canal Street version of Mahomes.