Jump to content

The transition to Mike White has begun


Recommended Posts

Just now, Larz said:

Well  the second mind numbing pick at the end of the 3rd would have been a fine time to put White in

curious if Flacco comments 

This is also a reasonable statement. If Parcells was running this team or Belichick you could be 100% sure that Zac would’ve been polled and that’s on Sally not Zack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t actually disagree. If the team is as aggressive as they are in replacing all these injuries and making moves to keep competing, then you gotta figure there is a leash that is getting shorter weekly. 

The team sees Zach. Saleh will lose them if he doesn’t acknowledge it. This was a very winnable game lost by the QB.

Great post.

Only problem is, I don't think JD and Saleh feel this way.  I think like so many NFL GM's and Coaches, they're going to believe in "their guy" even if they go down with the ship with him.  I think we see Zach all the way to Week 17.

2023 tho, is another story.  All the "it takes 3 years to see what you got" folks might want to prepare for the Jets to cut bait after 2 years if today is any indication of what a Zach-reliant offense without a Bellcow/HR hitter like Hall looks like.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets started preparing for Mike White to take over earlier this week.  1st they elevated him to #2 QB and Flaccid will be inactive moving forward.  Also, they called up Streveler this week.

How will this play out moving forward?

Zach Wilson will struggle vs Buffalo and at half time, they will make the switch to White.  Then it will be White's team coming out of the bye.

Streveler will be inserted in wildcat packages when the switch to White gets made.

The only thing that prevents this is Zach playing a heck of a football game next Sunday.  The writing is on the wall.

I’m interpreting the situation differently. To me this says that a team may be trading for Flacco this week which is why White was the backup. White will remain the backup for the rest of the season with Strev qb3. 
 

The team needs to know if Zach is it or not. He has to play the remainder of the season. If he sucks then bye bye. White is not the long term answer. His int % is very high paired with a sub par arm. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why let one guy potentially get them fired when the rest of the roster looks good?

There's no reason to ride or die with Wilson if he continues to play like this and costs the team games.

Because they're not going to be fired at the end of 2022, no matter what happens from here out.

And we'll win a few more this year, of that I'm somewhat certain.

Say, a final record of 7-10 or even 8-9, JD and Saleh are quite secure.

I'll repeat:  There is almost a zero level risk of either JD or Saleh being fired at the end of 2022 at this point.  Their decisions will, I am sure, be made knowing that fact.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The love for a backup. White had four picks last year against Buffalo, New England owns Zach. Let's see how he bounces back ?‍♂️

Buffalo was (and is) amongst the best passing D's in the NFL.

Today's Pats team was more of a mid-tier type.  Nothing special.

Lets not try and equate the two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Great post.

Only problem is, I don't think JD and Saleh feel this way.  I think like so many NFL GM's and Coaches, they're going to believe in "their guy" even if they go down with the ship with him.  I think we see Zach all the way to Week 17.

2023 tho, is another story.  All the "it takes 3 years to see what you got" folks might want to prepare for the Jets to cut bait after 2 years if today is any indication of what a Zach-reliant offense without a Bellcow/HR hitter like Hall looks like.

I don't know. Saleh seemed very unhappy after this game and said Wilson needs to play better. He's usually all PVO when it comes to Zach. The decision to make White the number 2 QB is also interesting. I think they will have a short leash when it comes to losing games due to poor QB play. I actually think we see White if Wilson sh*ts the bed against Buffalo. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Great post.

Only problem is, I don't think JD and Saleh feel this way.  I think like so many NFL GM's and Coaches, they're going to believe in "their guy" even if they go down with the ship with him.  I think we see Zach all the way to Week 17.

2023 tho, is another story.  All the "it takes 3 years to see what you got" folks might want to prepare for the Jets to cut bait after 2 years if today is any indication of what a Zach-reliant offense without a Bellcow/HR hitter like Hall looks like.

War fish I’m sorry I have been really critical of you lately but you really really really have been getting on my nerves. I am now going to layoff you. And I want to give you credit for Not gloating over this loss and laughing like a hyena just To prove that you were right all along which may or may not be true by the way but at least you’re not a dick about it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

So Joe Douglas got the QB wrong. Otherwise I think he’s done a great job. 

Agree with the 2nd part but who should have been the QB pick:

1. Fields

2. Lance

3. Jones

4. Trade for Russell Wilson

5. Jimmy G

6. Keep Darnold

7. Bring back Geno

8. Maybe a deal for Mayfield

9. Should he have sucked for Pickett?

He took the guy with the highest upside. 
 

Agree not looking good right now but I don’t know who was the right alternative.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The good news today fellas is that no matter what we have a lot of talent and we are very good football team and we are really just one quarterback that is middle of the road game manager type that can get us to the playoffs so let’s not get suicidal even though it’s tough as ****

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets started preparing for Mike White to take over earlier this week.  1st they elevated him to #2 QB and Flaccid will be inactive moving forward.  Also, they called up Streveler this week.

How will this play out moving forward?

Zach Wilson will struggle vs Buffalo and at half time, they will make the switch to White.  Then it will be White's team coming out of the bye.

Streveler will be inserted in wildcat packages when the switch to White gets made.

The only thing that prevents this is Zach playing a heck of a football game next Sunday.  The writing is on the wall.

Unfortunately, I think you're wrong.  Taking Wilson out would be the end of his career here and I don't think JD will let Saleh do that. 5-5 is very likely at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

This could still be a playoff team with a competent QB. That's not the same as competing for a Super Bowl berth, but it's a step in the right direction. Right now any of the other 3 QBs are better than Wilson. And for a franchise that hasn't been in January games in forever, that has to be the priority. 

Wilson is terrible. The OL may not be great, but it's servicable. White or Flacco takimng 2 or 3 step drops and getting their read and getting the ball out is waaaayyyy preferable to this catastrophe. 

You even see it in Zach’s numbers: when he gets the ball out in under 2.5, he’s not bad; anything beyond that is a disaster.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The good news today fellas is that no matter what we have a lot of talent and we are very good football team and we are really just one quarterback that is middle of the road game manager type that can get us to the playoffs so let’s not get suicidal even though it’s tough as ****

Eh maybe next year. Losing Breece AvT ended this season 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

So Joe Douglas got the QB wrong. Otherwise I think he’s done a great job. 

What really lets Douglas off the hook with the Wilson pick is that the whole QB class 

from that year has been pretty mediocre at best...

Fields...

Lance...

Mac Jones...

Even Trevor Lawrence has been so-so...

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

FWIW this should have happened week's 1, 2 and 3

You mean when Flacco was playing? You’re right we should’ve evaluated Mike white a little more because we know Flacco is an old man that can’t move but in fairness to Sally you can’t blame a guy for wanting a veteran to lead the way most coaches would’ve went that route

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Unfortunately, I think you're wrong.  Taking Wilson out would be the end of his career here and I don't think JD will let Saleh do that. 5-5 is very likely at this point. 

The Jets benched Geno in his second season. There gets to be a point where you simply cannot play a he kid. We are very close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t actually disagree. If the team is as aggressive as they are in replacing all these injuries and making moves to keep competing, then you gotta figure there is a leash that is getting shorter weekly. 

The team sees Zach. Saleh will lose them if he doesn’t acknowledge it. This was a very winnable game lost by the QB.

I cant find it the presser to paste it but I said this in another thread, Saleh was flat footed today when someone asked him "how do you balance the team being seemingly ready and waiting for Zach to develop".  He sat there silent, looking straight down, took a deep breath and bs'd about rallying around him. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...