Way Too Many Mistakes in This Game But

Wilson sucks. Doesn’t see guys open, gets stuck waiting for slants/posts to move through LBs, can’t hit a guy on the outside in man coverage to save his life
move on from Wilson or we perish. 
He gets the season... Prepare yourself.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

When we see them again after the bye week, we will BEAT them. Really think Davis was missed today and Fant and/or Mitchell will be back. We are the better team and I believe we will show it.

I dont thing Davis was missed much at all.  Mimsy was great out there today and if the qb could acually get him the ball, he would have had a monster day.

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Wilson sucks. Doesn’t see guys open, gets stuck waiting for slants/posts to move through LBs, can’t hit a guy on the outside in man coverage to save his life

How many open WRs he miss today.  The one that really sticks out was Garrett Wilson open right in front of endzone and Zach throws it over everyone out the back of endzone.  

kid tunnel visions on 1 guy too much. 

I have said it too much but put the old washed up Aaron Rogers in his place and I would bet we score 30+ every game and the clock management would have the defense fresh all game 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Are we watching different games?  Zach has been running for his life most of the time.  We are not ready yet.  Big strides.  But losing Breece and AVT with Elija acting out is a lot to ask.  We’re on a good path but I expect inconsistent performances 

Same game just different lenses. Zach is missing open guys, easy throws and putting himself in bad spots. Sure he gets pressured and makes those even worse but even when he has quick/short drops he’s holding the ball of the 1 st guy isn’t open. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

He hit G Wilson on an out today and Berrios got held on what looked like another nice throw.  

Unless Zach Wilson ends the season looking like a real NFL QB, if I am JD I am doing one of two things:

1-signing Jimmy G to a contract backended in starting in 2024, so Zach can run off if necessary, or

2-taking a flyer on another QB in the first round.  With where the Jets will likely pick, that could get them a Mac Jones type.  

Option 2 results in a QB expense that is still pretty reasonable.  Maybe the answer is to keep swinging at first round QBs, and trading away what does not work, until we find one.  

Even a Kirk Cousins could be worth a shot.

JD has built a pretty decent roster otherwise, noting that if we have to spend real money on another QB, that will make the rest of the roster less good.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

He hit G Wilson on an out today and Berrios got held on what looked like another nice throw.  

that was fcking 5 yard - pardon my language, that was a 5 yard little out route. I'm talking about back shoulders, fades, seams, corners, consistently outside vs man. The god damn bread and butter that wins you a football game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

How many open WRs he miss today.  The one that really sticks out was Garrett Wilson open right in front of endzone and Zach throws it over everyone out the back of endzone.  

kid tunnel visions on 1 guy too much. 

I have said it too much but put the old washed up Aaron Rogers in his place and I would bet we score 30+ every game and the clock management would have the defense fresh all game 

honestly, as much as i can't stand him in our uniform right now -- i feel sorry for the mf'er tomorrow in the film room. They're going to be showing him at least 8-10 plays that could have 20+ yard gains, and touch downs.. and it's going to look bad. 

If he isn't shook already, he will be after tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Unless Zach Wilson ends the season looking like a real NFL QB, if I am JD I am doing one of two things:

1-signing Jimmy G to a contract backended in starting in 2024, so Zach can run off if necessary, or

2-taking a flyer on another QB in the first round.  With where the Jets will likely pick, that could get them a Mac Jones type.  

Option 2 results in a QB expense that is still pretty reasonable.  Maybe the answer is to keep swinging at first round QBs, and trading away what does not work, until we find one.  

Even a Kirk Cousins could be worth a shot.

JD has built a pretty decent roster otherwise, noting that if we have to spend real money on another QB, that will make the rest of the roster less good.  

The Jets are still likely to make the playoffs or just miss. People are acting like we are 1 and 7

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

honestly, as much as i can't stand him in our uniform right now -- i feel sorry for the mf'er tomorrow in the film room. They're going to be showing him at least 8-10 plays that could have 20+ yard gains, and touch downs.. and it's going to look bad. 

If he isn't shook already, he will be after tomorrow. 

I don't feel sorry for him.

also how many times on film are they going to say, "Hey, Z, wtf you thinking here. you have 6 yards you could have picked up near the sideline instead you kept drifting sideways and or back to make a bad throw "away" " 

Did you watch the Packers/Bills Game? if we had that Aaron Rogers I think we smoke the Pats and beat the Bills. Rogers has nothing around him Doubs has som promise but that's it. 

This QB witch hunt for the JETS is insane. We gotta find/get one somewhere lol. this team is actually good, the think we are missing is what we are always missing. 

• Upvote 1

Wilson is athletic and has a good arm but clearly has two issues, one correctable and one I'm not so sure:

-Running backward at the first glimpse of a rush:  coach him as follows.  Option A:  stand in there and be prepared to take a hit while the play develops.  Option 2: Move around but forward is best and lateral is worst.  Backwards is unacceptable and will get you benched.  This nonsense has to stop immediately its taken a bad play and turning it into its worst possible outcome.

-Field vision:  This one is the issue of greatest concern.  On the play where the pats intercepted with one knee out of bounds (that naturally still counted) Mims was flying down that same sideline wide open for a huge play.  Even my wife sitting next to me was screaming.   All those other plays where he buys time by scrambling it is simply not logical that players aren't breaking free for big plays.  And therein lies the issue:  he does not see the whole field.  He can have all the smarts and "arm talent" in the world but I am not sure that field vision can be coached.  Sure you can memorize the sequence of reads but if you it's not there than the play just breaks down and bad things happen.  On top of the that the receivers start getting demoralized which we have already seen.  With his talent we need those broken plays to turn into big gains but right now ZW is turning them into disasters.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

That is what a loser team would do with a red hot roster… is die on their drafted QB hill.  

And that is why is been since SBIII

you gonna put flacco in?  i guess they can try MW if the bills are a blowout.

this team going to be very good next year when Hall is back (assuming he's back to normal) and either a functioning zach or game manager vet.

7 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Wilson is athletic and has a good arm but clearly has two issues, one correctable and one I'm not so sure:

-Running backward at the first glimpse of a rush:  coach him as follows.  Option A:  stand in there and be prepared to take a hit while the play develops.  Option 2: Move around but forward is best and lateral is worst.  Backwards is unacceptable and will get you benched.  This nonsense has to stop immediately its taken a bad play and turning it into its worst possible outcome.

-Field vision:  This one is the issue of greatest concern.  On the play where the pats intercepted with one knee out of bounds (that naturally still counted) Mims was flying down that same sideline wide open for a huge play.  Even my wife sitting next to me was screaming.   All those other plays where he buys time by scrambling it is simply not logical that players aren't breaking free for big plays.  And therein lies the issue:  he does not see the whole field.  He can have all the smarts and "arm talent" in the world but I am not sure that field vision can be coached.  Sure you can memorize the sequence of reads but if you it's not there than the play just breaks down and bad things happen.  On top of the that the receivers start getting demoralized which we have already seen.  With his talent we need those broken plays to turn into big gains but right now ZW is turning them into disasters.  

He sees Mims, it’s a TD.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

that was fcking 5 yard - pardon my language, that was a 5 yard little out route. I'm talking about back shoulders, fades, seams, corners, consistently outside vs man. The god damn bread and butter that wins you a football game. 

It's like talking to a brick wall. 

16 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you gonna put flacco in?  i guess they can try MW if the bills are a blowout.

this team going to be very good next year when Hall is back (assuming he's back to normal) and either a functioning zach or game manager vet.

there is no quick fix, but the messaging has got to be "Zach, it's no longer assumed you're just going to be the guy...."  The lack of development is so staggering that's not really about protecting him anymore - it's about the obligation to the other 52+ guys on the team. They can't feel like their effort/desire to win is second to coddling Bieber. 

52 minutes ago, Paradis said:

there is no quick fix, but the messaging has got to be "Zach, it's no longer assumed you're just going to be the guy...."  The lack of development is so staggering that's not really about protecting him anymore - it's about the obligation to the other 52+ guys on the team. They can't feel like their effort/desire to win is second to coddling Bieber. 

why can't you make your point (which is valid) without the "Bieber" comment?

don't you think that it cheapens your point?

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

honestly, just bored of typing Zach. 

perhaps ZW might work?   or Wilson?  

in that post probably just saying "him" would have worked fine.

don't understand all this stuff about wilson - utah, etc, every name in the book.  is that what Jags fan say?  what about other teams crappy QB?

seems not normal.