Jump to content

This board’s ridiculous


Phillyjet
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

We will see.  I don’t agree with your assessment.  

Bill Belichik did us a favor today (just like I thought he would) he showed the whole world what Zach Wilson is made of. He was pressured today 16 times on those plays he was 1-14 with 3 ints so I know that you like him being a Utah boy, but us guys from Jersey aren's so easily swayed, when something sucks, we SAY it sucks and guess what our assessment of Zach Wilson is that, yes, he does indeed suck

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Bill Belichik did us a favor today (just like I thought he would) he showed the whole world what Zach Wilson is made of. He was pressured today 16 times on those plays he was 1-14 with 3 ints so I know that you like him being a Utah boy, but us guys from Jersey aren's so easily swayed, when something sucks, we SAY it sucks and guess what our assessment of Zach Wilson is that, yes, he does indeed suck

He rolls to his right even before there is any pressure. Little Bill just rolled safety coverage to that side of the field all day and feasted. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

He rolls to his right even before there is any pressure. Little Bill just rolled safety coverage to that side of the field all day and feasted. 

That's the thing Wilson's remaining few defenders are neglecting:  None of this exists in a vacuum.  This expectation that Zach will "get better" also needs to come with the reality that opposing coaches get paid too.  The book is out on Zach.  Good defenses know what to do to shut down the few things he does well.  

The best QB's have counter-punches to those adjustments.  Zach Wilson doesn't have a "plan B".  If there is one, I'd love to hear it.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.


I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

 

Remind me the good again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's the thing Wilson's remaining few defenders are neglecting:  None of this exists in a vacuum.  This expectation that Zach will "get better" also needs to come with the reality that opposing coaches get paid too.  The book is out on Zach.  Good defenses know what to do to shut down the few things he does well.  

The best QB's have counter-punches to those adjustments.  Zach Wilson doesn't have a "plan B".  If there is one, I'd love to hear it.

They just believe it be so it is in their minds 80, there are still people defending this fraud. I just hope that Saleh learns the truth before the whole season goes up in smoke. I have no idea what Mike White IS going to be but I already know everything that Zach Wilson can and can not do. That was the worst 350 yard passing day I've ever seen from a QB

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.


I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

 

Perfect post. 

if I told this board we’d be 5-4 at the bye without knowing how we got there everyone would have jumped at that. 
 

Zach makes some absolutely beautiful throws that make you say wow and then an equally boneheaded play right behind it. He’s a young AB that hopefully figures it out…he’s got the tools 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Perfect post. 

if I told this board we’d be 5-4 at the bye without knowing how we got there everyone would have jumped at that. 
 

Zach makes some absolutely beautiful throws that make you say wow and then an equally boneheaded play right behind it. He’s a young AB that hopefully figures it out…he’s got the tools 

The problem is those "boneheaded" plays are NOT equal to his good plays bc those "boneheaded" plays are game killers. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Perfect post. 

if I told this board we’d be 5-4 at the bye without knowing how we got there everyone would have jumped at that.

They would have incorrectly assumed that Zach Wilson was playing well in order to get to 5-4.  That's far from the case.  

In any case its a silly argument.  Surprise teams pop out of nowhere all the time.  Once it happens, expectations are raised.  Everyone else has shown up this season except for the QB.  It's not a sustainable way to win.

We're headed for 5-5.  And after that, it's a slow descent to a sub-.500 finish.  Not what ANYONE would have signed on for after starting out 5-2.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.


I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

 

Okay....We should ignore that our 'franchise' QB has flat out S-U-C-K-E-D since his return.  He is the easily one of the five worst starting QB's in the league.  We won 3 out of the 4 games in spite of him.

Just because he played well for one quarter in Pittsburgh does not mean we should think everything is sunshine and roses.

We should VERY seriously consider starting Joe Flacco for the next game, and have Mike White (can't believe I am saying that) on deck.  Zach Wilson should not throw another pass for a few games as a warning: he is on thin ice and should be. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Zach makes some absolutely beautiful throws that make you say wow 

Great... Zach makes beautiful throws that make you say wow.  So do I on occasion.

He flat out SUCKS as an NFL caliber QB.  If you can't see it, you never will.  

We'll be having people supporting him 10 years after he's gone like Chad Pennington.

IF ONLY Zach had talent to throw to.  IF ONLY he had WR's to catch.  IF ONLY we had the best O-line in football.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The way Zach played today is one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen at QB. He looked like someone off the street that only played neighborhood flag football against 40 year old drunks. 

ZZach Wilson was so bad the fans barely booed.  They were in shock how bad he looked as the Jets QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's the thing Wilson's remaining few defenders are neglecting:  None of this exists in a vacuum.  This expectation that Zach will "get better" also needs to come with the reality that opposing coaches get paid too.  The book is out on Zach.  Good defenses know what to do to shut down the few things he does well.  

The best QB's have counter-punches to those adjustments.  Zach Wilson doesn't have a "plan B".  If there is one, I'd love to hear it.

I wish Zach’s mom used plan B. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

...we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.

I dumped all the hot air faux-optimism, and kept the meaningful core.

You're in-line with the board, you just want to think you're a better fan for not overreacting to Zach not being good enough today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, elvispookie said:

With the exception of Lamar or Carr which I don’t think are gettable.. is anyone on board for a Jimmy G? Guy seems solid and could be had. Having him at qb we would be a contender, imho


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Carr is gettable. He's not great, his best days are likely behind him, but he'd still be the best (only) QB we've had since Namath. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...