Jump to content

This board’s ridiculous


Phillyjet
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

this post got me thinking……

Jamarcus russel (first 2 seasons)

19 games 53.9 completion percentage 2796 yards 15 tds 12 ints

zach Wilson 

18 games 55.4 completion percentage 12 td 16 interceptions 3382 yards

 

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

With the exception of Lamar or Carr which I don’t think are gettable.. is anyone on board for a Jimmy G? Guy seems solid and could be had. Having him at qb we would be a contender, imho


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The 49ers will likely make another deep playoff push this year with Jimmy G.  He will be omega expensive on the FA market next year unless he reinjures himself.  Personally, I think injuries have started to chip away at his abilities, and I don’t think hes quite the same value he was a couple years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I dumped all the hot air faux-optimism, and kept the meaningful core.

You're in-line with the board, you just want to think you're a better fan for not overreacting to Zach not being good enough today.

That’s such a douche comment, I don’t know where to smart.  I guess you’re the sage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warfish said:

I'm sure you don't.

Sorry you don't like your own words.  

Problem these days is guys you like you who sit alone in your basement and think they can take shots at people, rather than have simple football debates.  You’re a tough guy though… must be fun being you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Problem these days is guys you like you who sit alone in your basement and think they can take shots at people, rather than have simple football debates.  You’re a tough guy though… must be fun being you.

Right.  Guy Starting a thread titled “This Board is ridiculous” just wants to have a fun, simple football debate.

GTFOH.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Problem these days is guys you like you who sit alone in your basement and think they can take shots at people, rather than have simple football debates.

"Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough."

I agree.  See, we're having a simple football debate, and we agree.  

9 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

 You’re a tough guy though…

Not something I've ever claimed.

Why do you ask, are you going to threaten to beat me up next because you're mad about what I said on the internet?

9 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

must be fun being you.

It is, mostly, thanks for asking.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has 1-2 good drives or 1 good quarter each game, it seems.  Dogsh*t the rest of the time.

Yet when this was pointed out the last 4 weeks, we had "4-0!!!!!!" screamed at our faces.

that 4-0 excuse was the stupidid excuse i ever heard.

yeah 4 weeks ago me, you and a few others were saying he sucks and this whole board killed us. now its a 180 turn. you can count the Zach supporters on one hand. there are still a few holdouts and a few MIA guys.

but you @T0mShane and @jgb called it last year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Bounce back" implies that he's had good performances to bounce back to.

This is who he is dude.  Nothing more, nothing less.

no he will bounce back. when we play lesser defenses like the Viking and Jags. then his supporters will claim he finally gets it.

of course it wont be a complete game. probably one good qt but we will win and he was the QB during that wins so.... i know its BS. lets hope someone else is our QB by the Vikings game. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Corn said:

Does anybody including the press talk about if the wide receivers are wide open.That's what I would like to know

When he's scrambles how come he can't find and open wide receiver.

 

Saw a few today. Zach's pocket presence is bad, he isn't scanning the whole field.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

 


I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

 

 

I'd trade him straight up for Fields.  Chicago woudn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Hael said:

The 49ers will likely make another deep playoff push this year with Jimmy G.  He will be omega expensive on the FA market next year unless he reinjures himself.  Personally, I think injuries have started to chip away at his abilities, and I don’t think hes quite the same value he was a couple years ago.

SF could get to the SB if things break right for them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Bill Belichik did us a favor today (just like I thought he would) he showed the whole world what Zach Wilson is made of. He was pressured today 16 times on those plays he was 1-14 with 3 ints so I know that you like him being a Utah boy, but us guys from Jersey aren's so easily swayed, when something sucks, we SAY it sucks and guess what our assessment of Zach Wilson is that, yes, he does indeed suck

exactley

Belichick just showed the NFL how you beat Zach Wilson. unless he stops getting rattled by pressure his career is over. every team will do this to him every week.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.


I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

 

It's the same 10 or so guys that actually root for Zach to fail more than the Jets to win. He was bad today. It was his 18th game. He did some good as well. WAY too early to bail on him. I decided not read all the hate this time. It's ludicrous. Zach needs to play better, but LaFleur is not putting Zach in a good position to win. People don't realize it but we are still in exceedingly good position to make the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Saw a few today. Zach's pocket presence is bad, he isn't scanning the whole field.

To be honest it is game 18. The plays should not be asking for him to scan the entire field. Aaron Rodgers wants single read calls with an outlet. Our LaFleur rarely calls those.  The spacing of our offense and the route patterns are not doing Zach any favors either. He was bad today but also did a lot of good. In a few years he will be able to consistently get to 3rd and 4th reads. But people will look at the ALL-22 pause it and say so and so was wide open. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

To be honest it is game 18. The plays should not be asking for him to scan the entire field. Aaron Rodgers wants single read calls with an outlet. Our LaFleur rarely calls those.  The spacing of our offense and the route patterns are not doing Zach any favors either. He was bad today but also did a lot of good. In a few years he will be able to consistently get to 3rd and 4th reads. But people will look at the ALL-22 pause it and say so and so was wide open. 

I am not giving up on Zach. Just saying he was bad today. LaFleur only seems like a bad O\C when Zach is back there. Everyone else gets in a better flow. Now I think the OLine was really bad today. The pressure was never ending.

The kid got tired of dumping it off and made mistakes. I think Zach is going to be good, he just isn't there yet.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

To be honest it is game 18. The plays should not be asking for him to scan the entire field. Aaron Rodgers wants single read calls with an outlet. Our LaFleur rarely calls those.  The spacing of our offense and the route patterns are not doing Zach any favors either. He was bad today but also did a lot of good. In a few years he will be able to consistently get to 3rd and 4th reads. But people will look at the ALL-22 pause it and say so and so was wide open. 

And yeah I hope every week they find a three step drop rhythm, then fire. Quick slants. Screens. But it hasn't happened yet.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

I agree with this, but let’s play it out first.  We’re not getting Lamar.  Derek Carr, maybe.   Face it, it will be a retread.  Thinking a Baker Mayfield on the cheap.  Qbs don’t grow on trees.  
 

But Zach’s story this season is not fully written.  I still think odds are he finishes strong.  

Baker Mayfield? 🤨 What you smokin in those philly's?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And yeah I hope every week they find a three step drop rhythm, then fire. Quick slants. Screens. But it hasn't happened yet.

He WAS bad today. He got flustered and sort of lost his mind. 

Unfortunately for whatever reason I think LaFleur thinks he is protecting Zach somehow with the plays he is calling or trying to protect against a sack. LaFleur is almost exclusively lining up and trying to work between the numbers and our receivers and OL are always so tight and bunched. In the White game he was spread out and he does it for Flacco as well. Saleh has actually said they want Zach to play the offense in a phonebooth.

Zach is very clearly a momentum oriented QB and LaFLeur does nothing to try and help that, interestingly except for against Pittsburgh. We need to spread things out, use tempo, and let him press the ball downfield, attack the edges. I am not sure if Zach will succeed but he is really not a good fit for this offense. He would be much better in an offense like what San Diego runs with Herbert.

Zach also did admit that he got tired of throwing the ball away. Well he picked the wrong game to go away from that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, I saw the few good passes today. Threw a great TD. 
But he then proceeded to lose us the game. Over and over. And didn’t learn. We saw how he responded by throwing another pick and hurting his team. 
His refusal to play in the pocket and preference for throwing off platform is maddening.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ZW has not put together one complete game in the 18 games he's played under LaFleur. White did it in his first start last year with a way less talented supporting cast around him. That's a problem if you're ZW.

 

I'd like to see what White can do with a better supporting cast and more familiarity in the system. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I am not giving up on Zach. Just saying he was bad today. LaFleur only seems like a bad O\C when Zach is back there. Everyone else gets in a better flow. Now I think the OLine was really bad today. The pressure was never ending.

The kid got tired of dumping it off and made mistakes. I think Zach is going to be good, he just isn't there yet.

Was he pressured more than Mac Jones was today? At least he stepped into the pocket and made some plays with his legs. Zach needs to stay in the pocket and look at receivers not at the on coming rush. He needs start running forward and step up in the pocket. It seems like he is afraid to take a hit. He runs out of the pocket way too much. Maybe he is not big enough to take a hit or see field when in the pocket. Agree he needs to be given the rest of this year to see if he is an NFL QB but so far its not looking good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weird that if JFM doesn’t rough mac&cheese and MCII’s pick 6 stands, we’re probably talking about a completely different game where Zach playing with a lead doesn’t press and force play.

Also, i was far more disappointed in the D then with Zach. They couldn’t get off the field on third down, couldn’t slow down the Pats run game and gave up a 4th down TD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

ZW has not put together one complete game in the 18 games he's played under LaFleur. White did it in his first start last year with a way less talented supporting cast around him. That's a problem if you're ZW.

 

I'd like to see what White can do with a better supporting cast and more familiarity in the system. 

You are absolutely correct. We have seen amazing Wilson drives. We have seen amazing Wilson quarters. I'm trying to recall amazing Wilson halves, and I cannot recall a single Wilson complete game. 

As far as White is concerned, I would also like to see him start a few games with this improved team. White has game manager written all over him, but that might work for a team with a defense like the Jets. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.


I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

 

I absolutely hate this fan base and this board sometimes.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance
Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.


I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

 

And here we have the obligatory  let's call everyone chicken little post because we are not being patient with our QB. Never mind Zach has only played 1 qrt of winning football all season. Never mind that the way Zach has played, statically  he is still one of the worst QBs. Forget about how in a big spot, the kid wilted.....AGAIN.  

I don't  want to hear about his yards yesterday.  The Pats were only rushing 3 players on the last drive. Our OL also was not that good but they gave him enough time to throw in general. 

So I ask you. How much is enough. How much dog 💩 is enough that we can move on. I was a huge defender of Darnold. I was convinced he was the guy. I was wrong. Now I see a guy that is worse than Sam IMO. Sam played with complete garbage while he was. Zach has talented players to play with and a pretty good defense. So what else does the team have to do to make Zach into a QB that doesn't  💩 the bed every time there is pressure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

I absolutely hate this fan base and this board sometimes.

The knee jerk reactions are so over the top ridiculous I feel like this place is being infiltrated with 3rd graders.

While the INT's sucked, there was a ton of good that we can take from this game and Zach's performance
Last week it was "OMG he only threw for 120 yds," this week he throws for 350, exactly as anybody with any logic or reason would suspect with Breece Hall gone and the team having to rely on the pass, and he did a lot of good things, but that isn' enough for our arm chair scouts.

Two of the INT's were Zach trying to do too much, trying to salvage the drive, they were 3rd and long throws, and they sailed on him, both of those plays are plays he's both going to make someday, and learn to not throw them. He'll work on mechanics, it is fixable. The 3rd INT when he was trying to get rid of the ball, he didn't get it far enough out of bounds, also fixable, he knew it right away and the rest of the game you saw him correct that.

STOP THE BS Jets fans, this is a 2nd year QB, he's played 18 total games.

We are still 5-3, we still have a season, the Pats and Belichick have always been a team that knows how to attack a defense and make QB's look bad. Have some ******* patience

While that sounds logical, he has shown very little progress, maturity and presence.  He reminds me a bit of Johnny Manziel.  Terrific skills but looks like they are limited to street football.   I want you to be right but we have been here with so many young QB's.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...