This board’s ridiculous

Phillyjet

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I agree, but not in the way you'd want. 

I'm amazed Jets Fans, with our shared history of long experience of seeing QB busts and bad QB's, somehow cannot see another looming bust right in front of them, despite his being pretty much the worst producing QB in the NFL in both of his years so far.

He does not have a "ton" of talent.  He has above average arm strength and escapability, and subpar accuracy, decision making, field vision and ability to do something after he has evaded.

The team won the games, mostly in spite of him, and mostly on the backs of a top-end Defense (so far) and Hall at RB.

Zach was mostly along for the ride, or tasked with ultra-conservative play.  When he was required to do more, we saw what we get in NE.

I haven't turned on him.  I've never believed he was the guy for us, and nothing I've seen so far makes me feel that evaluation was off the mark.  He's everything I expected him to be so far.

Some of you maybe.  

No.  The Bills game will just get added to the ongoing evaluation of Zach.

I'll evaluate his play quality and respond accordingly.  

We may (and likely will) choose just that, but we don't have to do so.

Some of us didn't need all of year 2 or year 3 to know Darnold was a bust who wouldn't work out at the NFL level. 

But some folks seem determined to let busts waste three full seasons and get traded or cut before they see them for what they are.

Without a massive improvement, that's a given, aye.

talking season 3 GIF

• Haha 1