Who should get the start?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Starter

• White
    • Wilson
    • Doesn't matter, we are gonna get destroyed either way

30 minutes ago, xJayce said:

I disagree with this take.

If the organization's goal this year was a full season of ZW to complete their evaluation of him, they will go with that plan. I don't like it, but I'm not calling the shots.

The team had some unexpected early wins which creates a 'win now' type of atmosphere for the fan base. That may have be gravy for the front office, but may not have any impacts on their plans. They may be looking at the long game, not just this season.

at 5-2 we needed to win 50% of our remaining games to make the playoffs. that throws anything else out the window. how do you tell 52 other players we are going with Zach no matter what even if it means no playoffs. we were a 1/2 game out of 1st a day before Halloween. 

this is a playoff team right now. whatever their long terms plans were they have to change. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

wilson needs to be cut some slack.

sure, he wasn't good today but you have to give your 2nd yr qb a chance. considering last yr was a toss and he started injured this year.  he's still a little behind but i still have faith. 

He’s played 18 games and has had an above average passer rating only twice. He is clearly not an NFL QB at the moment. I do not want tank this season so I can watch him “develop”. He needs to be replaced. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

He’s played 18 games and has had an above average passer rating only twice. He is clearly not an NFL QB at the moment. I do not want tank this season so I can watch him “develop”. He needs to be replaced. 

last year does not count. this year is OL is wrecked again.  qb's make huge gains their 2nd season in the league and wilson started behind with an injury . 

• Thumb Down 1

JD/Saleh start Zach and depending on how he plays they stay with Zach and the line that this season is all about Zach's development or he plays so poorly that JD/Saleh figure the only way to save their jobs is to make the QB change in hopes of making the playoffs, which will guarantee a contract extension for both of them.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets are 11 point dogs to the Bills next week. Let Zach go take that beat down. In for a penny, in for a pound. If you’re going to make a change to White, you better damn well make sure it’s in a situation where White has a shot to not soil himself. Give him the BYE week to get some run with the 1s and then let him try his hand with the Pats and Bears.

Should be White. Wilson has done nothing to start going foward. But this is how it would play out, sensibly. 

Give the 11 points. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'd start White, with doses of Strev in the Wildcat/Smith-Role.

This team is too good to waste on Zach Wilson.

He's not ready to play at an NFL level IMO.

If he can be carried, he might not blow it, but if he's needed, he's not going to be up for that.

Too good??? Do you think this a superbowl team?? ???

they are one of the youngest teams in the league there’s nothing ‘way too good’ about this team at all kid

• Thumb Down 4

11 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

they are one of the youngest teams in the league there’s nothing ‘way too good’ about this team at all kid

"Kid", lol.

I think the team is too good for this bag of poop pretending to be an NFL QB.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Douglas has a potential 9 further games to evaluate Wilson, I'm not sure why you'd waste one of them here, when we already saw White play against that Buffalo defense. White was so bad that day, he promptly got benched for Joe Flacco. 

Even with today's performance White still throws an interception and double the rate of Wilson. We are 5-3 and this place is just a complete sewer mainly because of 10 posters or so.

JD and Saleh will do the smart thing for the franchise... They'll start Zach, and reevaluate the plan at the bye.  I believe they understand that Zach has not panned out as hoped... and its hurting the development and success of the roster.  An inconsistent performance similar to the last 5 weeks, will likely lead to "temporary" benching to see what Mike White can do executing the offense in year 2 of the system. 

Mike White may not be the answer but it will give clarity... (much like last year when every other QB played better than Zach in the offense).  If the offense can be executed with a much less talented player than it becomes even clearer that Zach doesn't get a 3rd year as the unquestioned starter.  Also allows the org to determine if Mike White is a long term back-up, or does the entire QB room get overhauled heading into next year.

If Zach can show a massive improvement at Buffalo it would be surprising...  More likely its more of the same replacement level QB play. 

At that point, you have a couple of weeks to assess and implement the go forward plan.  Remember the coaches see the players practice, and have an inside view of the team's psyche - we fans don't.  Although, I am sure there are enough glimpses for us fans to speculate that players know what is holding them back.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'd start White, with doses of Strev in the Wildcat/Smith-Role.

This team is too good to waste on Zach Wilson.

He's not ready to play at an NFL level IMO.

If he can be carried, he might not blow it, but if he's needed, he's not going to be up for that.

Damn Kids can't take you anywhere

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Even with today's performance White still throws an interception and double the rate of Wilson. We are 5-3 and this place is just a complete sewer mainly because of 10 posters or so.

Just now, AlexVanDyke said:

The stupidity on this board knows no bounds 

Yes only you 2 are smart and the rest of us are teh dumb.

Teach us football plz

Zach starts. I don’t want him to. I’ve seen more than enough to know he will never be anything in this league. But jets will let him play the season out, or atleast most of it
I just pray that jd signs a vet or drafts a qb in the off-season. If he doesn’t I’ll be off the JD train. Can’t have ZW be the unquestioned starter next year.
Lotta football left this year. But to this point I completely agree.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jets are 11 point dogs to the Bills next week. Let Zach go take that beat down. In for a penny, in for a pound. If you’re going to make a change to White, you better damn well make sure it’s in a situation where White has a shot to not soil himself. Give him the BYE week to get some run with the 1s and then let him try his hand with the Pats and Bears.
Not sure I follow what you are thinking here. If you want white to start because you think he is better than Wilson ... Explain to me again why he shouldn't play Buffalo?

You want to hide his talents and save them for cupcake wins ??

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Clearly you haven’t been paying much attention then.  No, this roster likely isn’t good enough to compete with KC or Buffalo even with a real QB.  But capable of winning a playoff game?  Absolutely.  

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clearly you haven’t been paying much attention then.  No, this roster likely isn’t good enough to compete with KC or Buffalo even with a real QB.  But capable of winning a playoff game?  Absolutely.  

With a healthy AVT and Hall and another 2023 draft class and a REAL QB, I think they could. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

last year does not count. this year is OL is wrecked again.  qb's make huge gains their 2nd season in the league and wilson started behind with an injury . 

availability is a skill too. and hes missed 8 games in 2 years. one more injury and he is officially "injury prone"

• Upvote 1