White or Wilson versus Buffalo?

Who should get the start?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Starter

• White
    • Wilson
    • Doesn't matter, we are gonna get destroyed either way

7 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Too good??? Do you think this a superbowl team?? ???

they are one of the youngest teams in the league there’s nothing ‘way too good’ about this team at all kid

yes they can be.

Garrett Wilson despite being on a milk carton for the last few weeks leads all rookies in receptions. he is a star in the making. Hall was on his way to ROY. the defense is playing really well. our secondary WRs are good but we have a QB who needs a road map to find them.

we have 2 shut down CBs. if we had a halfway decent QB we would be playing Buffalo for 1st place next week. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Even with today's performance White still throws an interception and double the rate of Wilson. We are 5-3 and this place is just a complete sewer mainly because of 10 posters or so.

and yet Zach Wilson is that bad that we want to see White. 

10 posters didnt turn this whole board against Zach Wilson. Zach Wilson did.

• Upvote 1

I don’t have an opinion on Zach, my gut says it won’t work out but I’ve seen some things where I’m not throwing him away either. With that being said, yesterday was his 18th career game.

Yesterday was essentially his first game of year two. There hasn’t been enough time to say he’s a bust. What happened to the 3 year window it takes to develop a qb? Like it or not, weather you are patient or you aren’t, Zach isn’t losing his job this year, and he’ll be given the keys to the offense to start the season next year.

For you Zach haters, the best case scenario is that the jets go and sign a guy like jimmy g or a Tannenhill next offseason to compete with Zach. If Zach hasn’t taken the leap by the first quarter of next season, the vet we bring in will take over. This season was always about letting out young guys learn, this season was all about seeing what we have. The 5-3 record was just a bonus.

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

I don’t have an opinion on Zach, my gut says it won’t work out but I’ve seen some things where I’m not throwing him away either. With that being said, yesterday was his 18th career game.

Yesterday was essentially his first game of year two. There hasn’t been enough time to say he’s a bust. What happened to the 3 year window it takes to develop a qb? Like it or not, weather you are patient or you aren’t, Zach isn’t losing his job this year, and he’ll be given the keys to the offense to start the season next year.

For you Zach haters, the best case scenario is that the jets go and sign a guy like jimmy g or a Tannenhill next offseason to compete with Zach. If Zach hasn’t taken the leap by the first quarter of next season, the vet we bring in will take over. This season was always about letting out young guys learn, this season was all about seeing what we have. The 5-3 record was just a bonus.

3 year window to develop a QB is fine.  However, when said QB has been at the bottom of the league in every single QB metric, then there needs to be a shorter leash.  When I say bottom of the league I literally mean the bottom also. 

If you see a QB doesn't have it then the whole 3 year window needs to be thrown out the window.   I point out Josh Rosen in Arizona alot.  The Cardinals didn't wait to see anymore from him as they had seen enough to know from year 1 that he wasn't NFL starting QB material.  I think the writing is on the wall about Zach Wilson right now.  

46 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

At some point you have to hold players accountable for terrible play.  It doesn't even really matter if White sucks when he's put under center.  You need to send a message that if players at other positions can get benched for horrendous play, the QB can't be held to a lower standard than the other guys.

Zach Wilson didn't just play awful on Sunday.  The INTs he threw were selfish, and his press conference responses proved it.  He was like a petulant child refusing to do anything his coaches asked him to do and instead trying to make hero ball plays that had no chance of working.  That kind of play can't be rewarded.