The defense contributed to this loss

3 hours ago, Mario said:

The blame for this loss in order:

1) Zach 

2) JFM

3) Special Teams 

4) Coaching wasn’t great 

5) Oline play was bad 

I might argue that JFM was more responsible than ZW.  If we go up 17-3 probably a lot of things play out differently (e.g. Zach doesn't throw as much). 

Regardless, we found out a lot about Zach yesterday.  And even though the news was bad, it's better to learn that this year so JD can make an honest assessment about the future direction of this team.  I'm not saying the door is closed on Zach, btw.  But it's better to learn that he was more a passenger on this win streak rather than deceive yourself into thinking he's some brilliant game manager.  He needs to improve...a lot.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not knocking Berrios but, from the Cleveland game to the GB game (5 games) he had a total of 3 catches for 11 yards.  For the season so far (7 games), he's had 11 catches for 63 yards.  I know he's had some good runs and he had the one TD pass but he's not exactly tearing it up.  I know he's not supposed to be at that salary and he's not "the guy" here but still those are uninspiring numbers so far.

image.png.8a520f6761289599f3713137c3138d79.png

In the Denver game, on the play Wilson got sacked in the 1st half in the pocket, Berrios was as open as you’ll ever see deep downfield around the left hash.  Broncos busted the coverage.  Not a soul within 20+ yards of him.

Would have been a 70 yard walk in touchdown.

If there was a time for Wilson to loft one of his backfoot “arm only” throws, that would have been it since Berrios was so wide open. 

A QB like Herbert or Brady would have slid left to avoid pressure and then fired a on-balance throw.

But Wilson never saw Berrios.  His eyes were on the pass rusher.

The #2 overall pick doesn’t know how to slide, step up, or otherwise maneuver within the pocket to create throwing lanes.

He’s good at fleeing the pocket but hasn’t learned how to play within it.

Not saying Berrios is a good WR.

Point is there are plays to be made that aren’t being made because the QB isn’t doing his job.

The final yardage total looks good taken out of context, but you can’t have a starting QB like today with a sub-50% completion rate and 3 INTs and expect to win a game.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

while yeah the defense made a few mistakes.....you have to work pretty hard to have a take on the game this bad. zach was 100% AWFUL.  matter of fact i'm not sure awful is a strong enough word to describe it. maybe abhorrent or horrific.....not sure they are strong enough either. 

What frustrates me no end is how good Zach looked on the first quarter TD drive. And then to just implode before the half, and crash and burn for the entire 2nd half is mind blowing. He's a liability. That's my final verdict. And throw out the stats with that TD drive with 2 minutes left. Patriots are playing a defense knowing the clock is winding down and the Jets needed two scores. Not saying they let Mims catch and get YAC, but let's just say if it was a one score game, and the Jets still had all their timeouts, the defensive scheme would have been different. I don't care that Zach finally threw for over 300 yards, you have to put it in context. 

2 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

340 of the emptiest yards ever.

JFM's penalty was costly. But other than that, the defense did not lose this game.

Wilson lost this game because he underthrew short, overthrew long, and couldn't even throw the ball away without throwing an interception. 

The INT before the half was Zach Wilson in a nutshell. It was a simple toss to James Robinson and he chucks it 6 feet over his head. 

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I wanted Zach to work 

He didn’t 

Let’s be honest with ourselves.

This team has a good chance to be a consistent playoff contender for the next 5+ years as things are presently headed.

Just a merely good Kirk Cousins/Derek Carr type under center can get us there.

F*ck going the draft route

It just doesn’t work for us. We can’t even recapture pre-surgery Chad Pennington, much less Patrick Mahomes.

Go get someone who doesn’t constantly forget something as simple as their ABC’s under the slightest bit of pressure and doesn’t treat football as if it’s handball.

Take your hopes of the next Montana, Brady or Elway and stuff them up your assh0le.

It’s just not in the cards for us.

If we’re ever going to win another Super Bowl in the next 30 years, it’s going to stem from a combination of a great running game and a truly upper echelon defense.

It is what it is

This X10000000.  We just can't develop a QB.  Go get Derek Carr in the off season, who quietly has had a very good career, 65% comp, 202 TD, 90 ints for his career.  He's been good with a terrible organization. Go get him.

• Upvote 1

Except for some dumbass penalties, the D kept the Jets in the game and held the Pats out of the end zone much of the game with NO help from the O.

My concern is that the loss of AVT and Breece is just too much to overcome this year. Maybe the team can turn it around; maybe ZW with shake off the bad game and start to carry the team, but that is asking a lot from a QB that has been struggling.

They are the ones that lost the momentum for us and all game they couldn’t get us any field position at all.  Did you notice Zach was starting way back almost every time?  Time of possession was very unbalanced most of the game.  Again, Zach made some bad decisions but he wasn’t awful …he thre for 340 yards.  
I'm probably one of the biggest Zach backers on the site. Dude has been awful this year sans one quarter in Pitt.

He has not improved his mechanics, bails way to often, looks like a chicken without a head at a position where you need rock solid confidence.

I said I'd give him the year ... And I will ... But his play to this point has been putrid.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I'm probably one of the biggest Zach backers on the site. Dude has been awful this year sans one quarter in Pitt.

He has not improved his mechanics, bails way to often, looks like a chicken without a head at a position where you need rock solid confidence.

I said I'd give him the year ... And I will ... But his play to this point has been putrid.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This....he's got 8 games left to show CONSISTENT improvement.  A game or a few quarters here and there isn't going to cut it for me.

Next year, this team will be competent QB play away from a strong playoff team.  Can't waste the rest of the roster on Zach if he's not the guy.

JD has done a pretty good job building a solid roster, he may have missed on Zach, the only question will be, will he have the balls to cut bait on him at the end of the year if his play doesn't improve.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, usanyj said:

This X10000000.  We just can't develop a QB.  Go get Derek Carr in the off season, who quietly has had a very good career, 65% comp, 202 TD, 90 ints for his career.  He's been good with a terrible organization. Go get him.

Yep. If you can’t build it, buy it. If we do draft another QB high we MUST MUST MUST have — for once — a legitimate veteran competitor in camp. “Bbbbbut it will break the rookie’s confidence!” be damned.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

This thread is an example of the lengths that Zach jersey buyers will go to defend their purchase 

Haha so true.. how anyone can watch that game and NOT think that Zach Wilson wasnt the reason we lost... well.. its beyond me.  I wish we had the days where criticism was allowed and you werent called a "doomer" or a "bad fan".  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

Haha so true.. how anyone can watch that game and NOT think that Zach Wilson wasnt the reason we lost... well.. its beyond me.  I wish we had the days where criticism was allowed and you werent called a "doomer" or a "bad fan".  

these young kids learned the word gatekeeping then they come to this site and tell everyone how to be a "real fan" 

it's like dude i've been a fan since the speak and spell i don't need lessons on how to be a Jets fan 

texas instruments et GIF by MANGOTEETH