Lefleur get your head out of your ass on third and short

39 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I think that’s 5 3rd and shorts in the last three weeks where we’ve passed from shotgun 

Moronic 

There was a time we always used to run on 3rd and short and everyone hated it and called the team so predictable and wanted the coaches to grow some balls. 

I think if mlf can’t trust Zack it’s so hard to call plays that are balanced on third and short 

One subject a fan mentioned last night on the FAN was Zach's problem with accuracy on short passes esp on 3rd downs. It was the case last season and we're seeing it again this year. He has to fix that for the offense to be successful. You would think it would be the easier of fixes but he is still overthrowing receivers on important short pass plays. And now with a weakened running game hard to win games like this. 

53 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

LaFluer is trash

With Breece and AVT out for the season, LaFleur is probably the best thing left about this team.

Think about it: We won 4 games in a row with the worst QB in the league. At some point, when he absolutely needs to have plays from his QB and can't hide him anymore, the QB needs to be able to step up and make a play. The QB throwing a back-breaking, game-losing INT at the end of the 2Q is on the QB. I promise you LaFleur did not call for Zach to throw the INT. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

LaFluer is trash

via The Athletic:

So where do the Jets go from here? Would they actually bench Wilson?

Sunday, Saleh made a peculiar change to the Jets’ pecking order at quarterback, demoting Joe Flacco to third string and bumping Mike White to Wilson’s top backup. His explanation:

“As it pertains to Mike, if Zach ever gets hurt, we’re giving Mike the opportunity to go in there,” Saleh said. “Just allowing him the opportunity to prepare as if he’s the next man up.”

Pressed further, Saleh said: “It’s just, Mike is a young guy. We have to figure out what we have in him if that opportunity presents itself.”

One fact that’s undeniable: The Jets’ passing offense under offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur has been at its best when Wilson was not the quarterback. White improbably led the Jets to an upset win over the Bengals last year with one of the best-ever starting debuts for a quarterback (37 of 45 for 405 yards, three touchdowns, two interceptions). It was so good, his jersey was sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

According to the EPA (expected points added) per pass attempt metric, the two best passing performances under LaFleur, via TruMedia:

No. 1: Josh Johnson against the Colts in Week 9 last year, when he threw for 317 yards, three touchdowns and one interception in a 45-30 loss.

No. 2: Flacco in this year’s Week 2 win over the Browns, against whom he helped lead a remarkable comeback in a 31-30 win, throwing for 307 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions.

“We’ve got faith in Z,” Saleh said of Wilson. “He’s played good football. He’s taken care of the football since he’s gotten back and he’s shown flashes of good football. Everyone in the locker room still has his back.”

Defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins echoed that sentiment.

“One hundred percent faith,” he said. “We know the talent level and we know he’s done it at a high level, he’s shown what he can do when everything is clicking on all cylinders.”

One of Wilson’s receivers, Elijah Moore, spoke after Sunday’s game for the first time since he requested a trade and was left home for last week’s win against the Broncos.

Clearly, Moore is unhappy with his role. He said he regretted causing a distraction for the Jets last week — but also said he wouldn’t change what happened, insisted there are “things behind the scenes that a lot of people don’t really know about” and made it clear that he still wants the ball more. The trade deadline is Tuesday, and the Jets have made it clear they have no plans to trade him.

But why hasn’t he had a breakout game yet?

“I don’t think it’s just one thing,” Moore said. “I think it’s a continuous number of things. I can’t put my finger on it. I know just as much as you guys.”

Moore played only 10 snaps on Sunday, and was targeted once — a third-down Wilson pass that was batted down. Rookie Garrett Wilson was targeted seven times, Conklin 10 times and even Mims — who requested a trade in the preseason — got three targets on 44 snaps.

It’s fair to wonder if Zach Wilson is one of the primary reasons for Moore’s frustration. When asked to describe his chemistry with Wilson, Moore said: “I don’t know. I couldn’t even tell you. I don’t get the ball. I don’t know.”

It’s important to remember that the Jets are invested in Wilson as their quarterback, or at least finding out if he can be their quarterback of the future. Even more than a playoff run, that’s what these next nine games are all about: Is Wilson the guy?

“Regardless of what it looks like, I feel like each game I’m learning, getting better,” Wilson said. “There’s always plays I’m going to want back. There’s always things that happen and sometimes you sit there and wonder: Why did I just do that? But you gotta move on, you gotta learn.”

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Is a 15 rushes to 43 dropbacks a balanced offensive attack?

Sure. We’ve seen teas do this, they use short passes to augment the running game. If your top RB is Michael Carter, this is how you scheme yo his strengths. It’s not Carter or Lafleur’s fault Zach kept throwing it in the dirt.

If those passes are catchable, we are lauding the game plan. Guarantee you that.

• Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sure. We’ve seen teas do this, they use short passes to augment the running game. If your top RB is Michael Carter, this is how you scheme yo his strengths. It’s not Carter or Lafleur’s fault Zach kept throwing it in the dirt.

If those passes are catchable, we are lauding the game plan. Guarantee you that.

get em GIF

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Wilson missed a bunch of guys yesterday. these 2 yes and a bunch of others.

Completely inaccurate throws. Like not even in the catch radius to give receivers a chance. Just in the dirt if sailing iced their heads. One after another.

Combine that with the whole “Flacco throws a more catchable ball” for the throws that are on target.

I mean, how are we even debating this. He’s not ready, at a minimum. Get him outta there.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Completely inaccurate throws. Like not even in the catch radius to give receivers a chance. Just in the dirt if sailing iced their heads. One after another.

Combine that with the whole “Flacco throws a more catchable ball” for the throws that are on target.

I mean, how are we even debating this. He’s not ready, at a minimum. Get him outta there.

Debating it because feelings won the war against facts long ago 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Kind of weird to complain about the OC the day after the QB had a Chernobyl-level meltdown

Well, you could argue if the QB is doing that, maybe you should run on 3rd and short.

Or not have a pass to throw ratio of 3:1, even before they fell behind.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

They put him in shotgun because he is disasterous in reading the field, has horrendous footwork, and exits the pocket (to the right) nearly immediately. In shotgun at least he has another second to process before bailing.

Then hand it off or run a reverse or a toss crack or a QB sneak or wild cat 

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Then hand it off or run a reverse or a toss crack or a QB sneak or wild cat 

For once we agree. I wish Lefleur never called any pass plays regardless of the situation with the abominable one behind center.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Then the OC needs to adjust for his bad QB 

LeFleur isn't really one for adjustments. Shanahan and his big brother only gave him a look at two chapters of their playbook. The one where we never throw the ball and the other one where we air it out 40-50 times a game, regardless of how good a D is on defending the run. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Zach did what he can’t do, he was care,Ed’s with the football.

And LaFleur had a bad day, they’re not mutually exclusive to each other.  

I was at the game.  Zach had some options.  He just missed them.When he had time to throw, good things happened.  Can't blame roughing the passer, crummy punts and 3 miserable interceptions on the offensive coordinator.

As far as Zach, he stunk it up, but things would have been better if he had an offensive line.  Hard to lose 5 top performers and stop good teams with what's left.  Lack of time, takes away half the playbook.

How do you watch the game and come to this conclusion?

If a nascar driver is terrible at driving do we blame the engineer of the car? Flacco, White and Josh Johnson all played better in LaFleur offense than Zach. Stop coddling him. He sucks.

• Upvote 1